Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default "How It Should Have Ended" has some fun with The Last Jedi "Spoilers"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rCB8DUGpYQQ This has got to be one of their best parody 'toons ever.

I don't want to be a spoilsport. Good that you liked it. But in my opinion it was one of their few misses. HISHE videos don't merely speak logic (or at least try to speak logic) but are also funny. This one was hardly funny.

They decided to give what the fans wanted. Good for HISHE. It has such a large number of likes and views in a short time. The things which i liked in the video is Admiral Ackbar playing a bigger role. "It's a...trap!" That was good. And the final battle with Rey and Luke was fun. Other then that it was mostly by the numbers. And i don't say that for HISHE. They are lately missing a number of times. I didn't like their Wonder Woman one very much. Should've focused on being funnier for TLJ in my opinion.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 02-16-2018 at 05:51 AM.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Yep. This is canon now. I will accept nothing less.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yep. This is canon now. I will accept nothing less.
    If I was them I would just pretty much hang it up. They are never going to do anything that is going to be as funny as this. It's all downhill from here imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I don't want to be a spoilsport. Good that you liked it. But in my opinion it was one of their few misses. HISHE videos don't merely speak logic (or at least try to speak logic) but are also funny. This one was hardly funny.

They decided to give what the fans wanted. Good for HISHE. It has such a large number of likes and views in a short time. The things which i liked in the video is Admiral Ackbar playing a bigger role. "It's a...trap!" That was good. And the final battle with Rey and Luke was fun. Other then that it was mostly by the numbers. And i don't say that for HISHE. They are lately missing a number of times. I didn't like their Wonder Woman one very much. Should've focused on being funnier for TLJ in my opinion.
    I know where you are coming from, but sometimes the fruit is hanging so low that not getting it eould be seen as a form of comedy malpractice. And let's face it, The Last Jedi has a lot of low hanging fruit.

BANNED

I have never liked one of those videos.

That is so much better than the actual movie. Too bad they didn't mock more of the scenes in Canto Bight, but it just goes to show how utterly illogical everything that happened there was - it could easily be fixed by simply following the plan and better parking.

It's funny how the two different camps view the same thing in totally different ways. While I was watching, all I could think was how much of a nightmare the film would have been if fans had gotten their hands on it.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    It's funny how the two different camps view the same thing in totally different ways. While I was watching, all I could think was how much of a nightmare the film would have been if fans had gotten their hands on it.
    I thought that was the joke here?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    That most likely was the intent of the makers of the video, but my post is about the different responses to the same video.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    That is so much better than the actual movie
    Sadly true.

Definitely true. Its easy to make a ten minute video on youtube. But a big budget movie meant for general audience in theaters is really difficult. These videos are meant for a good laugh here and there. And that's it. I enjoy them. But none actually improve the films concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    That is so much better than the actual movie. Too bad they didn't mock more of the scenes in Canto Bight, but it just goes to show how utterly illogical everything that happened there was - it could easily be fixed by simply following the plan and better parking.
    Canto Bight is destined to become the most hated location in all of Star Wars People who who were "meh" on the movie have nothing positive to say about it. People who disliked the movie dislike it. People who liked the movie dislike it. Hopefully when the Empire creates another planet destroying weapon they test it out on Canto Bight. This planet needs to be destroyed along with all the silly time wasting nonsense that occurs there. It will be the first step in healing the fractured fanbase.

Extraordinary Member

Eh, that wasn't all that good.

Just pandering to all the whiney fans who couldn't deal with the changes TLJ introduced and want Luke to be an over powered one man army jedi.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Yeah, that's definitely the gag here as it is with most of these cartoons. Sadly, that's flying over the heads of most here.