Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    That's because Rose freed those animals to escape. It was to serve the mission: finding the code breaker and escaping. Saving the children would mean going back and take time off from the mission. They were short of time. They had to reach the First Order's ship and disable that tracking machine before the rebellion's ship ran out of fuel.
    They could have took the kids with them while they were escaping though.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    Yep.

"Come on, kids! We have a ship nearby! Just stay with us and keep quiet!"
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    And where to take them? The ship of the First Order? The war zone? Wild animals can survive on their own. Not kids.

The next problem is of time. They were in a rush or the rebellion could be obliterated. The kids were not in any immediate danger. And how many kids can they save if they try to take them in their ship? How to save them from the stables? There are a lot of problems with trying to rescue them at that point of time. Each passing hour was increasing the danger to the lives of the rebels.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 02-19-2018 at 06:04 AM.

Incredible Member

yup

confirmed one of my biggest complaints: needed more akbar

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    yup

confirmed one of my biggest complaints: needed more akbar
    Think of the memes they denied the Internet! How many "Allahu Akbar" memes would we be enjoying by now?
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Incredible Member

their racism is of little concern compared to the raw awesomeness of more admiral mon calamari

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Another small critique?

So Rose risks life, limb, and the failure of her mission in order to "save" a bunch of animals (who were very likely recaptured in short order) and yet........she doesn't even TRY to rescue the child slaves? Temporarily freeing a bunch of animals gets a higher priority than saving thinking, feeling, sentient CHILDREN?

Those animals they freed looked like rejects from a Harry Potter movie. I kept expecting Hagrid to show up and take those things back to Hogwarts.

Has HISHE done Justice League yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Not yet. I wonder what's taking so long.

Extraordinary Member

There was absolutely no need to pander to fan theories about Snoke and especially about Rey's parentage.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Not yet. I wonder what's taking so long.
    If it's not a 30 second short of a bunch of people in a room looking at the script ending with, "We can't make this film," I'm not interested.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Canto Bight's sort of the film's Cantina/Jabba's palace/Pod Race/Outlander club/Maz's bar equivalent (ESB, ROTS, and RO didn't have such scenes as much). Basically the part of the film where they let the costume designers/alien design guys go a little nuts and show the kind of seedy part of the Star Wars galaxy.). Pretty much a trope of the series, but one that's not present in every film, much like the characters getting menaced by space monsters (Looks like "Solo" might have that at least).

The music played in even sounds a bit like the cantina music from the first film, although with more of a salsa sound. (This is the official Disney link so it's probably OK)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8ue_5T4fMk
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I have to admit I loved the part where Ackbar's first action is to....tell everyone that there is a plan, so nobody panic and mutiny or anything.

That to me is the worst plot hole of the film - they know morale is bad enough that guards have been posted on the escape pods, but still don't mention the plan for survival?
    Agreed.

I will have to wait for the blu-ray. And then i can post correctly. I seem to remember that she was doing it on her own. But i can't say for sure that she said something like that.

But what benefit would be there if Holdo said that there is a plan unless she describes the plan itself? Just saying that there is a plan is vague. Can it help? I had the impression that the people at the bridge and the higher ups knew the details. People mostly complain about not telling Poe. A leader can choose the time to reveal the plan. They had 18 hours. They can take some time. It might be useful to keep it within fewer people. That might be helpful against any kind of leaking of plan to the enemy.

Overall it was a mistake. But its not an egregious one. How many people revolted anyway? Poe and a couple of pilots under him. It was not a full scale mutiny. Rather revealing the plan made Poe rise up against Holdo.
    Given that he was able to get to the bridge pretty quickly I have a hard time believing there was that much faith in the leadership. Let's not forget one of Holdo's own bridge crew defected to Poe's side of things IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    Agreed.

Given that he was able to get to the bridge pretty quickly I have a hard time believing there was that much faith in the leadership. Let's not forget one of Holdo's own bridge crew defected to Poe's side of things IIRC.
    To be honest, everyone I know (including my wife who is only a casual fan) thinks that Poe shouldn't have been demoted for destroying the dreadnaught. The thing had guns larger than some of the Resistance ships - if those things couldn't outrange the rest of the fleet and actually do damage the designers need to be taken out and killed. If it had been there there wouldn't have been much of a film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    Agreed.

To be fair, it has only been her bridge for a very short time and she has never met most of the people there. And they all know Poe.