Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Go Bots?!? The Dollar store version of Transformers? Hard pass.
    Go bots in Japan were known as Machine Robo, VASTLY superior version, but Go-Bots had some good character beats and great characters like Pathfinder and Little Foot. They also had the ability of using non human looking females.
    Go-bots were also HUman in the past, so they are cyborgs. There's some goodness there.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but why does it matter that the Transformers movies were so crappy/poorly plotted?

They made assloads of money. Why are the people up top only now caring about how well written the movies are? I thought Last Knight did well.
    They have been declining at the US box office for years. Massive overseas expansion especially in China have propped up the worldwide totals. But the studios get the highest % of the box office from the US and the least % from China. So they have been on a downward trajectory hence the cancellation.

BANNED

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but why does it matter that the Transformers movies were so crappy/poorly plotted?

They made assloads of money. Why are the people up top only now caring about how well written the movies are? I thought Last Knight did well.
    They, like many studios are lookin at that Marvel money and critical acclaim like, "Damn, why can't we do that?"

Hell Black Panther was at first only slated to make 60-100 Million opening weekend. Now the ONLY MCU Movie that will top it is Avengers 1. A SOLO Hero made more money than the Justice League. As a Black man, that movie is Positive, and well written, and made boo koo money. FOX,WB, Sony, and Paramount all want that.

BANNED

Echoing ragnak's statements, they were always doing poorly. They made big money overseas because the whole deal with foreign markets is that you can have a lot of nonsense with enough exposition so people who don't speak English will understand it. Some movies, like 2017's the Mummy and TF the Last Knight, are specifically catered toward foreign markets with characters explaining what's happening in almost every scene while the rest of the plot seems completely contrived and messy. Pretty much every blockbuster is crafted in this way, the only thing about the Transformers movies is that they don't even bother having a semblance of an engaging story.

I'm honestly shocked that of their properties, MASK is the one that's in development hell.

"It's like Transformers and Fast and the Furious!"

You'd think the executives would eat their young just to have a shot at developing that
    I think that was exactly IDW's approach with their comic adaption.
    Quote Originally Posted by feenix219 View Post
    The only Power Ranger's crossover I would ever want to see is Voltron.

I've been wanting to watch Voltron kick their asses since I was a kid and the "new cheesy live action ripoff" came out.
    Is that Voltron movie still happening?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Surprising, but not totally unexpected. Paramount had been losing money for awhile now. All their big name IPs (Star Trek, Transformers, TMNT, G.I. Joe, and Terminator) under performed or fizzled out at the BO. Mission Impossible 5 and the upcoming MI6, are the only money makers they have left.
    It's hard for me to describe how little interest I have in mission impossible as a series, or in Tom Cruise as a headliner.

"Hasbro May Not Be Rebooting After All"

"Hasbro Backtracks on Transformers Franchise Reboot"

What I extrapolate from this, is the same thing I extrapolated earlier: Hasbro wants to sell toys. I don't think they have a problem with the Bayformers per se as they do with how the toys are not lining up exactly with the Bayformers movies. I think they want to take a more hands-on, direct approach to ensure every Transformer no matter how minor has a toy, plus they want a shared universe to ensure MORE toy profits (G.I. Joe, M.A.S.K., Jem (somehow) etc). Bay, for whatever reason, hasn't been playing ball to move in this direction, and this could be a move to get him to play ball or remove him entirely. But since Bayformers have been popular (even though the last didn't make as much as the previous entries, it still made money) they may want to keep the continuity and general style just minus any involvement from Bay.
    Last edited by Nate Grey; 02-19-2018 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Micheal Bay literally ignored all criticism with the Transformers movies and did the same thing in each one, while getting progressively worse. The first film is the only one I can say I really enjoyed. The third one was okay, but the main problem with these movies was that they added to much human drama and unfunny jokes/ characters like Sam’s parents.
    You nailed it. I enjoyed the first film. The second I got a free ticket to see it in theaters, and I still felt I paid too much. The third I liked, but I have never watched it the whole way through. I always fast forward through the parents, and through a lot of Sam's early stuff.

I thought the fourth was actually the best- I enjoyed Marky Mark, the comedy act was killed off early, and Nicola Peltz is hot. The writing of the boyfriend was wildly inconsistent, but he was fine. Same thing with Stanley Tucci. And I loved the dinobots.

And then The Last Knight came out, and if felt like Michael Bay did a tone of coke while crafting the script. It's stupid, incoherent, and the Dinobots were ignored and unused during the final fight when they should have been there. That being said, I think it's so bad it's good. But I can understand why they want to reboot the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    And Go Bots. And Rock Lords. Rock Lords would be fun I think!
    Transformers vs. Go Bots. Book it!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A lot of great cartoons and stories have been created from something based around selling toys.
    Yo Joe!

Quote Originally Posted by feenix219 View Post
    The only Power Ranger's crossover I would ever want to see is Voltron.

I've been wanting to watch Voltron kick their asses since I was a kid and the "new cheesy live action ripoff" came out.
    Amen!