Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Go Bots?!? The Dollar store version of Transformers? Hard pass.
    LOL I had Scooter, and Cy-Kill, and one that turned into a fork lift. Ah memories. They were held together with nothing but good intentions they were put together so badly but they were still fun for a little kid. When Transformers weren't available that is.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

I tuned out after the third one. I haven't seen either of the two more recent instalments.

After 'Dark Of The Moon' I just couldn't bring myself to sit through another nigh on three hours of nonstop aural onslaught. And such poor dialogue and storylines.

I still think the best Transformers movie is the 1986 animated one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I think its more Hasbro trying to sell toys. One thing I noticed is only the first two movies have complete lines. 3 and beyond you never got a Leader Class Dark of the Moon Megatron for instance, toys that didn't match the characters, toys of characters who didn't appear in the movie, etc. It was a mess and I imagine they're sick of it. With more control, it won't be so scattered and more complete like the first two movies.
    I could see that as a motivation for Hasbro to get more directly involved.
    I just want to see a good Micronauts movie.
    I'm looking forward to the upcoming cartoon .

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I'm looking forward to the upcoming cartoon .
    They are doing a cartoon?

Empty is thy hand!

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Same here, and it still holds up after all these years.

I understand the impulse from fans who want to see these properties on the big screen, but I just don't trust most film studios to get it right, and I'd rather they not even bother if they're gonna screw it up. Better for the general public to be ignorant of a thing you love than to get the wrong impression of it from a shitty movie.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWayneJr. View Post
    I understand the impulse from fans who want to see these properties on the big screen, but I just don't trust most film studios to get it right, and I'd rather they not even bother if they're gonna screw it up. Better for the general public to be ignorant of a thing you love than to get the wrong impression of it from a shitty movie.
    My god, you must be Batman's son to put that so well. My thought exactly I've realized over time.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

They are doing a cartoon?
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWayneJr. View Post
    Same here, and it still holds up after all these years.
    The Autobot deaths in that movie (especially Prime's) still gets to me .

Go Bots?!? The Dollar store version of Transformers? Hard pass.
    You do know gobots came before transformers right? Transformers is the rip-off! Yeah that shocked me also! It's as shocking as finding out the filmation ghostbusters with the monkey is the original and the real ghostbusters is the copy!

Have you seen the gobots anime series machine robo? It's more transformers like then the hanna barbera series.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Can't say I enjoyed any of them. Glad it's over.
    It's not really over seems like it's more on hold.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    I tuned out after the third one. I haven't seen either of the two more recent instalments.

After 'Dark Of The Moon' I just couldn't bring myself to sit through another nigh on three hours of nonstop aural onslaught. And such poor dialogue and storylines.

I always felt if they took the first 3 episodes of G1, remade them with better animation and added some more backstory and characterization to fill it up to 90 minutes, you'd have a great movie right there.

Better yet, turn those 3 eps into a two hour live action movie. It would take an awful lot of money to properly render thirty Transformers into credible CGI though.
    Last edited by Mormel; 02-17-2018 at 03:11 AM.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I would love a tf series that was more like the comics and original cartoon. I never really liked the character designs for the live action films.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    same thing in each one, while getting progressively worse.
    Personally I dont agree. the only one I thought as bad was the second, the third I enjoyed and the only real problem I had was the narrative one of having some other character take up the role that was clearly supposedt o be Megan Fox's one. And I enjoyed 4 and 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if them rebooting the movies with Bumblebee is more of Hasbro trying to push Bumblebee as the main character of the franchise going forward...
    Though Optimus was always (and likely will remain) the main character of the franchise, I always thought Bumblebee was the heart of the transformers. If they were going to give anyone spotlight apart from Optimus, it would be him.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The big thing with the Transformers movies is every character outside of Prime and Bumblebee just looked generic. Of coarse kids are not going to be interested in toys when 90% of them you can't even remember their names because they all looked alike. I mean was anyone invested in any character in any of the 5 movies outside of those two and Megatron? Dozens of named Autobots and Decepticons in those movies and only 3 ever really stand out.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    It's not really over seems like it's more on hold.
    Well, I hope the hold is interminable.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”