Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Good. These movies were awful: always ranking among the worst blockbusters of each given year.

I don't really care about Transformers in general (I'm the right age but they somehow missed me) but it's a pity that this is what old-school Transformers fans have had to put up with so long.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Good. These movies were awful: always ranking among the worst blockbusters of each given year.

I don't really care about Transformers in general (I'm the right age but they somehow missed me) but it's a pity that this is what old-school Transformers fans have had to put up with so long.
    Transformers always were a glorified toy commercial.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Meh, so what?

The current Transformers comics are leaps and bounds above Marvel comics in terms of quality. There's no reason why we can't have good Transformers movies too.

Highmoon Studios have already shown that you can have a mix of old and new stylings that everyone loves (G1 and newer fans). Just like at the cinematics for War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron.

The BayFormers were terrible from the start. The writing never got above truly idiotic, the acting (even from the good actors they somehow managed to rope in) was terrible, the plots nonsensical and they butchered characters personalities across the board. The BayFormers films have exactly zero redeeming qualities.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Eh, we usually get some good cartoons out of the deal, so in a way I think it evens out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I would love a tf series that was more like the comics and original cartoon. I never really liked the character designs for the live action films.
    I would check out Transformers Prime if you haven't already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The big thing with the Transformers movies is every character outside of Prime and Bumblebee just looked generic. Of coarse kids are not going to be interested in toys when 90% of them you can't even remember their names because they all looked alike. I mean was anyone invested in any character in any of the 5 movies outside of those two and Megatron? Dozens of named Autobots and Decepticons in those movies and only 3 ever really stand out.
    I think Age of Extinction improved on this somewhat as far as making the Autobots more memorable and distinct then they had been in the last movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I don't think that means anything when it comes to quality.

A lot of great cartoons and stories have been created from something based around selling toys.

If you want evidence of exceptional story telling based on Transformers - just look at Transformers: More than meets the Eye and it's sequel Transformers: Lost Light from IDW.
    Character based narratives with a wonderful mix of humour, action, tragedy and insightful social commentary. In fact, the only time the IDW Transformers titles aren't great is when Hasbro forces some short sighted crossover with other franchises.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    If you want evidence of exceptional story telling based on Transformers - just look at Transformers: More than meets the Eye and it's sequel Transformers: Lost Light from IDW.
    Character based narratives with a wonderful mix of humour, action, tragedy and insightful social commentary. In fact, the only time the IDW Transformers titles aren't great is when Hasbro forces some short sighted crossover with other franchises.
    Or when Shane McCarthy or Mike Costa take over .

Fantastic Member Red Robe Jaldari's Avatar

Eh, there are obscure properties i like and i wish were as popular as Transformers.

TF Prime is the best thing they had going the movies are horrible. They should reboot and do beast wars...

Ultimate Member

I'm honestly shocked that of their properties, MASK is the one that's in development hell.

"It's like Transformers and Fast and the Furious!"

You'd think the executives would eat their young just to have a shot at developing that

Since Hasbro now has a deal with Saban and Power Rangers, do you guys think it's possible Paramount will try their hand at a Power Rangers movie?

Now that Transformers has fizzled...
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Not right now. We just had a movie and it wasn't a success. Also, Hasbro are just in charge of toys right now. They do however have an option to buy the franchise outright. If that happens, though, I fear we'd lose the excellent Boom Studios comics, as IDW publishes Hasbro's characters.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

The only Power Ranger's crossover I would ever want to see is Voltron.

I've been wanting to watch Voltron kick their asses since I was a kid and the "new cheesy live action ripoff" came out.

There is a God.

Ultimate Member

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but why does it matter that the Transformers movies were so crappy/poorly plotted?

They made assloads of money. Why are the people up top only now caring about how well written the movies are? I thought Last Knight did well.