Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Pros:

-Claremont is writing (?) (his X-writing has been so shi**y so I don't see why that would be a buying point)
    -Kelly Thompson

Cons:

-Marc Guggenheim
    -Greg Land
    -The pairing is so forced
    -It was founded on weak writing, stalking, pedophilia, and abusive power dynamics (and writers who write the relationship like they're Colossus)
    -Modern-Age Claremont
    -Probably $4.99 or $5.99

Where’s Jim Shooter when you need him?

Astonishing Member

I feel bad for Colossus. Domino was so much better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    Forgot to say: Yeeey, Claremont <3

I don't know if he likes the idea of the wedding, but it is a good thing to have him here.

Although he is a little bitter about the franchise these days, he might still want to be a part of it in someway.
    Claremont stated ad infinitum that Rachel is Kitty’s soulmate.

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    Inb4 the hate
    Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    The hate.
    I was drinking coffee when I read this and you guys owe me a new monitor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    "I think you probably have to go all the way back to X-Men #30 in 1994 - the wedding of Jean Grey and Cyclops - to get a wedding as potentially big as the wedding of Kitty Pryde "

THE NERVE
    Oh good god Marvel. You dont know anything. No wedding will top Scott and Jean..Ever
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Oh good god Marvel. You dont know anything. No wedding will top Scott and Jean..Ever
    Not even Storm’s marriage ?

Oh god not another "olicity mediocre & generic garbage" call me whe this sh*t is officially over.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    They have the nerve to call this the Wedding of the Century. There is no X-Men couple worthy of that distinction. Everyone knows that Wiccan and Hulkling would be a much better choice, they've been engaged for so long it's starting to get annoying. Hell, Jason Aaron set up Thanos/Hela during Unworthy Thor and that would be a Wedding of the Century, plus it would tie in to the Infinity Stones story currently going on.

Of all things Claremont could come back to write, sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    They have the nerve to call this the Wedding of the Century. There is no X-Men couple worthy of that distinction. Everyone knows that Wiccan and Hulkling would be a much better choice, they've been engaged for so long it's starting to get annoying. Hell, Jason Aaron set up Thanos/Hela during Unworthy Thor and that would be a Wedding of the Century, plus it would tie in to the Infinity Stones story currently going on.
    Agreed. The Tony Stark/Wild Turkey wedding had more genuine impact than this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Pros:

-Claremont is writing (?) (his X-writing has been so shi**y so I don't see why that would be a buying point)
    -Kelly Thompson

Cons:

-Marc Guggenheim
    -Greg Land
    -The pairing is so forced
    -It was founded on weak writing, stalking, pedophilia, and abusive power dynamics (and writers who write the relationship like they're Colossus)
    -Modern-Age Claremont
    -Probably $4.99 or $5.99
    Yeah I didn't think of that, but it does make sense that the writers wrote themselves as Colossus and he is the adult he should've known better even if the 13 year old was throwing herself on him. The relationship would have been better if he waited when she got older.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    Marc Guggenhiem and Kelly Thompson will be the main writers. Chris Claremont will do a back-up story.
    https://www.newsarama.com/38680-kitt...st-writer.html
    Lol @ Greg Land being one the artists.
    “I think you probably have to go all the way back to X-Men #30 in 1994 - the wedding of Jean Grey and Cyclops - to get a wedding as potentially big as the wedding of Kitty Pryde and Colossus: two X-Men who've been around (and on again/off again) for literal decades.”

Greg Land

John Byrne not happy with the articles saying Claremont is co creator of Kitty.

Posted: 16 February 2018 at 1:20pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply
    How do we define the creative process? As you note, I came up with everything about Kitty. But then I left the book, and Chris set about turning her into a completely different character -- all the more when Smitty arrived and decided she was Brooke Shields, not a "young Sigourney Weaver."
    (Truth to tell, Chris had begun changing her while I was still there. The whole "Kitty is a genius" business was completely at odds with my intent to have her a completely ordinary teenaged girl. Geniuses have already had a taste of what it means to be "different".)

BANNED

This would be great further evidence for my "Who will be damaged most by Gold" thread. Alas.