Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Pleeeeeeaaaaase, give us the Jean and Emma scenes we're all demanding!!!!! They need to sit down and talk. And Emma did Jean a big favor for her return!

Scott was more likeable when he left Maddie and Nate for Jean, and then cheated on Jean with Psylocke and Emma? Jean was still around when all that happened.

Cyclops has always been asshole-ish.

What issue is that btw? That looks like it's from that Shi'ar Empire arc.
    Scott never left Maddie and Nate for Jean. Besides thats a moot point as Lorna was possessed by Malice during that time. He also never cheated on Jean with Psylocke.

IA with Lorna though when that issue was written. Scott was more likeable in the 60s/70s and later 90/early 00s when Lorna was around him. The character changed after he got with Emma and I could see why she didnt like him

Lorna was insane at the time when she said that. Dealing with pestilence and Daap after Emma helped her.

That's the face of crazy

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

No, Lorna wasn't insane at all. This was after Milligan's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    No, Lorna wasn't insane at all. This was after Milligan's run.
    Her sanity was brought up in RAFOTSE as she went back to Alex after he dumped her for Nurse Anne on their wedding day. She did not just snap back go sanity

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Her sanity was brought up in RAFOTSE as she went back to Alex after he dumped her for Nurse Anne on their wedding day. She did not just snap back go sanity
    She was in her right mind in Rise and Fall. I know you're upset because she said something against Emma and Scott, but she wasn't having a breakdown or anything. She spoke her mind on Scemma, sorry you can't accept that.

She was sane during the space arc. One can argue she had low self esteem for going back to Alex, but she defnitely wasnt mentally insane

She was in her right mind in Rise and Fall. I know you're upset because she said something against Emma and Scott, but she wasn't having a breakdown or anything. She spoke her mind on Scemma, sorry you can't accept that.
    She was one of the few that actually was allowed to do so. Good for her

Her sanity was actually brought up in RATFOSE. Co dependent recovering or whatever you want to call it but in any case she wasn't of healthy mind. And there is actually a line about it by Lorna herself in RAFOTSE if I remember correctly

He has, but I think she was talking more about what Cyclops represented before getting with Emma. After Jean, Cyclops started down the path as the "revolutionist" or whatever, and I guess she was referring to the way he used to be before when he wasn't with Emma.

It is from the Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire arc, but I don't recall the exact issue.
    I would agree Cyclops felt less likable as a person when he was with Emma, but mutants were on extinction levels worse than panda bears, so I think Emma helped him make difficult decisions that ensured survival of mutants.

He has, but I think she was talking more about what Cyclops represented before getting with Emma. After Jean, Cyclops started down the path as the "revolutionist" or whatever, and I guess she was referring to the way he used to be before when he wasn't with Emma.

It is from the Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire arc, but I don't recall the exact issue.
    While I am all for Lorna remembering Jean fondly and all for them meeting up half the quote didn't make any sense.

She hadn't seen Scott at all for a long time since she was pretty busy searching to be repowered after M-Day, getting possessed by Poccy, and in space for a combined two years at that point before any of that set in. She missed the birth bangs of revolutionary Scott which hadn't manifested on the x-books at that point. By the time she decided to take off Scott hadn't really had much of a shift.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-16-2018 at 08:07 PM.

BANNED

Polaris sounds reasonably reflective & of sound mind in that panel, to me. Also, she was talking about Scott, and never mentions Emma... not even as an afterthought.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Scott never left Maddie and Nate for Jean. Besides thats a moot point as Lorna was possessed by Malice during that time. He also never cheated on Jean with Psylocke.

IA with Lorna though when that issue was written. Scott was more likeable in the 60s/70s and later 90/early 00s when Lorna was around him. The character changed after he got with Emma and I could see why she didnt like him
    I agree
    I don't understand why some people are claiming that Scott left Maddie and Nathan for Jean.
    He didn't.
    He just went to see if she was really alive.
    He didn't try to hook up with her.
    He was so distant with Jean that she thought that he hated her.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Her sanity was actually brought up in RATFOSE. Co dependent recovering or whatever you want to call it but in any case she wasn't of healthy mind. And there is actually a line about it by Lorna herself in RAFOTSE if I remember correctly
    I'm not going to derail this thread anymore. Lorna wasn't out of her mind during Rise and Fall, people can question her state of mind, but doing so doesn't mean she is having a breakdown. Codependent and being insane are two different things, and the fact that you're trying to equate the two is odd.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I agree
    I don't understand why some people are claiming that Scott left Maddie and Nathan for Jean.
    He didn't.
    He just went to see if she was really alive.
    He didn't try to hook up with her.
    He was so distant with Jean that she thought that he hated her.
    sometimes it seems that people didn't read the first x-factor or just ignore convenient fragments for the sake of their personal narratives.

I'm not going to derail this thread anymore. Lorna wasn't out of her mind during Rise and Fall, people can question her state of mind, but doing so doesn't mean she is having a breakdown. Codependent and being insane are two different things, and the fact that you're trying to equate the two is odd.
    It's listed in the DSM V and was causing a significant harmful impact on her life. Meaning it would be considered a mental health issue. She wasn't of healthy mind particularly when she was saddled with Havok who caused her original breakdown in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    While I am all for Lorna remembering Jean fondly and all for them meeting up half the quote didn't make any sense.

She hadn't seen Scott at all for a long time since she was pretty busy searching to be repowered after M-Day, getting possessed by Poccy, and in space for a combined two years at that point before any of that set in. She missed the birth bangs of revolutionary Scott which hadn't manifested on the x-books at that point. By the time she decided to take off Scott hadn't really had much of a shift.
    I just don't think Lorna likes Emma too much tbh. I think it was more of a dig on that relationship.