Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041 LastLast

I would rather WB not react to Disney and just put out a product they believe in no matter who it is.

There are plenty of rich characters to mine beyond the Trinity.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Why would Mr. Terrific be in a movie featuring villains? Will Smith had to play somebody and Deadshot was a great choice because it let Mr. Smith do a lot of shoot 'em up stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Uhm, why isn't it clear that he's suggesting that Will Smith star in a completely different movie as Michael Holt/Mister Terrific?

I actually think Will Smith as Deadshot was great. He's such a strong persona that he (had the potential) to light up an obscure character and generate another merchandisable property. The movie COULD have been propelled by his charisma, but he was anchored down by so much trash. A DCEU with Smith/Deadshot & company on the run and being forced to ally with the Justice League in an eventual crossover film would be perfect. We'll never get there now.

Eventually, I'll find time to post my SS edit that skips all the trash and puts them up against Poison Ivy, Joker, and has Deadshot coaching Harley though a complicated love life.
    Holt did not have to be Mr. Terrific in SS. He could have been presented as someone working with the government, or having a contract with them (like Tony Stark). After seeing the mess made with Enchantress, he cuts ties with Waller which could start the path of him becoming Mr. Terrific.

Incredible Member

He doesn't have to be pushed because of Black Panther but I would like to see more of Bronze Tiger. Seems like there are a ton of super smart black characters. I wouldn't mind just this guy who had a bad past but does have a code of honor. If DC wanted to appeal more to a fantasy side then he could get his tiger form like a werewolf transformation. Vixen is the only black character that seems to have ties to a fantasy setting but I doubt she'll get adventures like wonder woman but I would like to see the pair dive into some mythology adventures.
    Last edited by Shockingjustice; 03-13-2018 at 12:33 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    He doesn't have to be pushed because of Black Panther but I would like to see more of Bronze Tiger. Seems like there are a ton of super smart black characters. I wouldn't mind just this guy who had a bad past but does have a code of honor. If DC wanted to appeal more to a fantasy side then he could get his tiger form like a werewolf transformation. Vixen is the only black character that seems to have ties to a fantasy setting but I doubt she'll get adventures like wonder woman but I would like to see the pair dive into some mythology adventures.
    I agree!

Vixen & Tiger can cross into several genres: high adventure, romance, fantasy, martial arts, espionage, comedy, etc.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I agree!

Vixen & Tiger can cross into several genres: high adventure, romance, fantasy, martial arts, espionage, comedy, etc.
    Yes I agree. I wouldn't want Ben to have powers permanently but for a story or two with Vixen, which he can transform that would be fun.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Yes I agree. I wouldn't want Ben to have powers permanently but for a story or two with Vixen, which he can transform that would be fun.
    That's fair. I'll admit I didn't know much about him. But I love martial arts and after Michael Jai White played him in arrow I wanted to see more of him. He kind of reminds me of Jim Kelly from Enter the Dragon. You don't see much black martial artist these day (considering black people really loved martial arts around the 80s I think).

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Michael Cray from Wildstorm
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Astonishing Member

Gl, John Stewart

Just make Black Lightning's family DC's equivalent of the Fantastic Four/The Incredibles.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Just make Black Lightning's family DC's equivalent of the Fantastic Four/The Incredibles.
    Except, only 3 with powers, rather than 4/5 (if you count Jack Jack). But I wouldn't be opposed to that. Jeff trying to be a good family man, principal, and hero. His oldest daughter trying to find balance between being a hero with powers and a civilian. His youngest coming to terms with having powers. And Lynn doing her best to be a mother for her girls, loving Jeff, and being a damn good doctor. And Gambi? Yes please.

While I'm not a fan of the idea of trying to force a story in response to Marvel (especially a black film for numerous reasons), if they HAD to counter Black Panther I would use Ava Duvernay's New Gods movie and rework Shiloh Norman as the central character. It's the best parallel; black main character with high concept scifi elements and a super advanced society.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-28-2018 at 02:03 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I say they should push Mr. Terrific as DC's James Bond.

Mighty Member

It shouldn't have to be done in response to Black Panther. Just do it.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    While I'm not a fan of the idea of trying to force a story in response to Marvel (especially a black film for numerous reasons), if they HAD to counter Black Panther I would use Ava Duvernay's New Gods movie and rework Shiloh Norman as the central character. It's the best parallel; black main character with high concept scifi elements and a super advanced society.
    They don't have a choice.

DC chose to stop caring to pander to certain folks by listening to those who had no interest in black characters doing anything and could make every excuse on the planet to support it.

Now we got a billion dollar Black Panther film that SHUT THE MOUTHS OF A LOT OF FOLKS.

Gee what if DC actually WORKED with Milestone instead of trying to bury Static or with Tony Isabella or put EFFORT into Vixen, Cyborg, Hotspot, Bumblebee and others.

That could have been them.

But we got DC yet again needing to play catch up.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    It shouldn't have to be done in response to Black Panther. Just do it.
    Doing it seems to be the ISSUE.

It will be viewed as a counter no matter what.

But the excuses are no longer valid.

Vixen
    Mr Terrific
    Bronze Tiger
    Shilo Norman
    Hotspot
    Michael Cray

Don't need much.

Vixen alone should work. We still don't have the female hero of color with a successful film. And if they use her they better hurry-Shuri was Black Panther once. Don't think they won't show her as that on the big screen.

Riri & Moon Girl-ig they hit the big screen-you won't see a billion but it will still be game over.