Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It be a Black Female superhero, she should just join Wonderwoman in her next film
    That would not work
    The reason Black Panther worked is because it was an all black cast with their own story. The only white characters were klaw and everett ross
    Making a black sidekick to Wonder Woman would just be another sad attempt at paying lip service but not truly trying to do anything

It’s an absolute must that Vixen be introduced in Suicide Squad 2. But obviously have her be there by her own free will like in Ostrander’s run. Give her some great scenes and maybe a spin off movie will follow. But this would make logical sense so I have zero faith in WB to actually do it.

Would be awesome if she joined up to rescue Bronze Tiger or something along those lines. Give both characters big roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It be a Black Female superhero, she should just join Wonderwoman in her next film
    Isn't that what Captain Marvel would likely do? They cast DeWanda Wise for who many believe to be Monica Rambeau, and Tessa Thompson said during the BP premiere that Captain Marvel would be headlined by both Brie Larson and DeWanda Wise. Sounds like Monica would be Carol's partner/friend/mentor, etc.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Brah that is everything I feel when people who've never even been remotely interested in a comic all of a sudden call it "the movement".
    Twitter, and tumbler have lost their damn minds. The funny thing is... none of the people calling this a movement would even be allowed into wakanda. and so on and so forth.

D.c. shouldn't react. They should work on the formula, and come back stronger.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

D C has a long way to go before they can even consider making a film featuring one of there B-list characters.

Should a black superhero get a push in the films? Yes most definitely and my votes are Vixen, John Stewart, Steel would love a redemption film to erase the last one Bat's got it, or a Crispus Allen Spectre.

But none should be pushed as a response to Black Panther Marvel's isn't doing Captain Marvel because of Wonder Woman they're doing her because they want to and DC/WB should push a black hero because it's right, it's time, and they want too. But under no circumstances should it be to play catch up to Marvel it's that mentality which has been hurting the DCEU with constant indecision which led to film edits.

I’m really curious to see how Black Manta is portrayed in Aquaman. I’m sure they’ll go with the Goeff Johns more revenge driven Manta. I found it interesting that they added elements of Black Panther to Black Manta on Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Should a black superhero get a push in the films? Yes most definitely and my votes are Vixen, John Stewart, Steel would love a redemption film to erase the last one Bat's got it, or a Crispus Allen Spectre.

But none should be pushed as a response to Black Panther Marvel's isn't doing Captain Marvel because of Wonder Woman they're doing her because they want to and DC/WB should push a black hero because it's right, it's time, and they want too. But under no circumstances should it be to play catch up to Marvel it's that mentality which has been hurting the DCEU with constant indecision which led to film edits.
    Whatever they do it should be done with planning and thought. Sadly, they botched up the promotion of Cyborg but I hope they get something going. They should just cut their losses with Cyborg, he's not going to be the right character for a solo movie. My top choice would be Vixen, that would be a bit of a risk but I think the character can really strike a cord with audiences that Cyborg has so far been unable to do in the DCEU.

Don't forget John Stewart, he has a fanbase from the old JL cartoon. When they get to a GL movie they should just do straight-up John and maybe Guy as a comic relief. I would just sideline Hal since he got a shot with the Ryan Reynolds movie and just focus on John. Especially since the cartoon added attributes to John that made him more similar to Hal. John and Guy would have more contrast with each other than John and Hal.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    Don't forget John Stewart, he has a fanbase from the old JL cartoon. When they get to a GL movie they should just do straight-up John and maybe Guy as a comic relief. I would just sideline Hal since he got a shot with the Ryan Reynolds movie and just focus on John. Especially since the cartoon added attributes to John that made him more similar to Hal. John and Guy would have more contrast with each other than John and Hal.
    How about both finally give John his due AND redeem Hal at the same time. WB treated Hal like steaming pile of dog ****, I think they kind of owe the guy an apology. According to rumors Hal is going to be an older veteran in the reboot, which leads me to believe they plan to kill him off. If so, let him go out like a boss, he deserves better than to be remembered for that 2011 dumpster fire. Then they can introduce Guy in the end of the movie as John's new partner.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-18-2018 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Brah that is everything I feel when people who've never even been remotely interested in a comic all of a sudden call it "the movement".
    Twitter, and tumbler have lost their damn minds. The funny thing is... none of the people calling this a movement would even be allowed into wakanda. and so on and so forth.

D.c. shouldn't react. They should work on the formula, and come back stronger.
    I am so confused by this statement, nobody gives a **** if they would be allowed in Wakanda or not, nobody gives a **** if people read the comic or not, the "movement" as it was dubbed by the media has nothing to do with it being a comic or a superhero movie but the fact that the cast is full of minorities and is ethnically diverse (...keyword being ethnic, I know how people use that interchangeably with race), when people are talking about the "movement" of Black Panther they are talking about what it means for future movies centered on poc regardless of the superhero genre and how yes a movie with a cast full of poc can make money ...obviously brand recognition is a thing but people shouldn't act like that's the only thing pulling in people to see this movie.

Also, why do people especially comic fans get so mad or bothered when non-comic fans are happy about a movie, like y'all whine all day long talking about the failing industry and then when there is hype about a comic related property, when there is a possibility that a few hundred or thousands of people could check out those comic properities, could eventually becomes comic fans themselves, you guys get up on your high horses to talk about how they're not true fans or that they never read the comics so they're not allowed to be happy about something or that their happiness for repsentation has them being out of their minds.

The comic industry isn't just failing b/c the business industry keeps sticking to the old ways, it's failing b/c fans like you literally chase them off with the nose in the air attitude.

Anyway, I remain baffled at the audacity of comic fans.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Incredible Member

Green Lantern Corps (With John, Hal, and Guy)

and Cyborg (So much potential here)

Maybe include Vixen or Hawkgirl in the next Justice League film as well, and Steel could be in the next Superman film.

But I wouldn't say "in response". I think this is what they always should have been doing, regardless of BP's success.
    Last edited by SmokeMonster; 02-17-2018 at 11:47 PM.

Well BL is getting the tv push and vixen sort of is.

Cyborg is due for the movie treatment.

John Stewart should get a shot.

It's time to do something with Steel
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    Whatever they do it should be done with planning and thought. Sadly, they botched up the promotion of Cyborg but I hope they get something going. They should just cut their losses with Cyborg, he's not going to be the right character for a solo movie. My top choice would be Vixen, that would be a bit of a risk but I think the character can really strike a cord with audiences that Cyborg has so far been unable to do in the DCEU.

I've liked Johns bringing back the GL Corps and creating the other Corps but Hal has never been my favorite Lantern honestly in the 90's it was Kyle and Alan and then the Justice League Animated series made me a Big John Stewart fan who I use to only just like. So yeah I even like Guy before Hal so I'd love to see a John Stewart Green Lantern story maybe training Kyle and Shayera could pop up

I don’t think any DC character outside half a dozen has enough public recognition outside comics to make any difference to film sales. None of that half dozen are black, alas. (Some will say I’ve been generous by saying half dozen...)

The film would have to stand or fall on its own merits. Which is good, of course..but it also means you might as go for lead character/s that lead to most interesting story.

On that basis I’d go with Icon and Rocket...Icon’s story (a long lived guy who grew up in slave era who went on to be a rich Republican) could potentially make a superb film. Especially if his values were contrasted with a reactionary Republican president...both Republicans, but totally different.

It would..of course..mean taking some real artistic risks. Therefore incredibly unlikely ever to get made!
    Last edited by JackDaw; 02-17-2018 at 11:11 PM.