Thread: The Clone Wars

Incredible Member

Default The Clone Wars

I started this series recently and so far, I'm really enjoying it.

I love the new characters, love the retooling of the old ones and the retooling of the 20 minutes movie serial really works well.

so asking .
    1. favorite character?
    2. favorite episode?
    3. what element would you take from the clone wars and put inside the prequels/original trilogy/sequals?

feel free to ask your own questions.

iMan 42s

I have a love/hate relationship with the show but I can respect its existence.

1. That's a little hard because I can't say I've walked away from the show with a favorite I didn't already have. I mostly tolerated Ahsoka, so by the time she warmed up to everyone else I was more or less indifferent about her. Rex might be the one I took to liking, but I was already into the clones.

3. Not really an episode but Umbara is the best example of a Clone Wars arc.

3. I would insert Rex somewhere into the prequels above anything else but Anakin's story of ROTS is away from the battlefield so that means having him there (Anakin on the war-front) or changing things to accommodate him. The sequels might benefit if anything else by taking the clones and using them as a basis for the resistance visually as they all are a little bland to look at. Adding some funky looking armor and decals would go along way to make the resistance memorable.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    1. favorite character?
    Ahsoka Tano.
    And Anakin Skywalker as runner up. Now this is the Anakin that Obi-Wan was talking about in A New Hope.

On the villain side, Darth Maul. Odd how much you can improve a character when you give it lines and a personality.
    2. favorite episode?
    The Umbara arc and Ahsoka's arc from the end of season 5.

3. what element would you take from the clone wars and put inside the prequels/original trilogy/sequals?
    All of it?

I like how they inserted Rex into Return Of The Jedi.

Incredible Member

already up to season 5.

I'm now completely convinced that if george would have done a season or two of clone wars would have allowed him to get a ton of the mistakes of the prequals out of his system before he did the movies.

favorite new character: this is a serious toughie.

Heroes: Ahsoka Tano, CT-7567 aka Rex

villains: Asajj Ventress (absolutely love the night sisters and glad it's the one thing that sorta survived from splinters of the mind's eye), Cad Bane (It's like somebody watched the good, the bad and the ugly and decided the bad needs to be a reoccuring character), Hondo Ohnaka (cripse, it's like they watched tailspin an decided that Don Carnage should be a reoccuring character)

favorite retooled character

I have to agree with anakin feeling like lucifer morning star. he's the best of us becoming the worst of us.

honorable mentions: Darth Mal (cripse, he shouldn't be that improved, and his brother is almost as awesome), Boba Fett (cripse is he actually more skilled as a kid then General Grieveous is at the top of his game),

2. man not done yet, but going for The Lawless (Season 5). the return of darth mal was amazing.

3. the prequals should have made us root for anikan before his fall.

I love the new characters, love the retooling of the old ones and the retooling of the 20 minutes movie serial really works well.

so asking .
    1. favorite character?
    2. favorite episode?

1)Ahsoka and Anakin. Clone Wars Anakin made me like the character again, and it was great to finally see him as the hero he was supposed to be.
    2)The Mortis arc
    3)Anakin. I would have loved to see Clone Wars Anakin in the prequels.

Fantastic Member Red Robe Jaldari's Avatar

so asking .
    1. favorite character?
    2. favorite episode?

Would you prefer an anthology series with no permanent main characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Robe Jaldari View Post
    Would you prefer an anthology series with no permanent main characters?
    For a live action series in the Star Wars Universe it could be pretty good. I'd watch it.