Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Jack vs. Kratos

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    at that point, kratos has fought and killed poseidon, hermes, hades, helios and hercules. aside from Aphrodite, hera was the least powerful and intimating god kratos had met. and you're saying she deserved to get killed because she made some backhanded comment about a girl kratos barely knew? that doesn't sound like a tragic hero. that sounds like a childish psycho who had no impulse control. "you say bad words! kratos hurt you!"

you're not doing a very good job of making kratos look sympathetic when he kills a person for saying words.
    Yeah, this is the same Hera who told Zeus to kill Kratos as a baby. Yet Kratos still let her live until that point. Hera was no saint.

Sooooo....how about those character feats?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Yeah, this is the same Hera who told Zeus to kill Kratos as a baby. Yet Kratos still let her live until that point. Hera was no saint.
    never said she was. it goes without saying that the greeks gods were dicks. i know it and everyone else knows it. but don't pretend that kratos is some righteous hero or tortured anti-hero trying to do good despite all that's happened to him. he's just as petty and vengeful as the gods he hates.

I feel like this is getting a little heated, can we get back to the topic?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Sooooo....how about those character feats?
    Despite my posts I still think Jack wins due to sheer speed. If it was speed equalised or if Kratos got a chance to react he would win due to his AOEs. But he won't get that chance here. Even if it takes more than a few hits to bring Kratos down, Jack is fast enough to make sufficient enough hits. I'm just going to assume his sword works on Kratos.

never said she was. it goes without saying that the greeks gods were dicks. i know it and everyone else knows it. but don't pretend that kratos is some righteous hero or tortured anti-hero trying to do good despite all that's happened to him. he's just as petty and vengeful as the gods he hates.
    Where did I say he was? I'm just arguing the specific details being covered.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I feel like this is getting a little heated, can we get back to the topic?
    fair enough.

i'm with everyone else. jack is too fast for him for him to do much of anything. speed kills.

Astonishing Member

fair enough.

i'm with everyone else. jack is too fast for him for him to do much of anything. speed kills.
    In Rumbles, much like in Kung Fu, speed determines the victor.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, even if Kratos was too good to be hurt by Jack's sword (he isn't though), Jack can zip around Kratos and steal the blades of chaos and stab Kratos with those.

Or just beat him up with hit and run tactics. It takes a while, but it should get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

Or just beat him up with hit and run tactics. It takes a while, but it should get the job done.
    Hit and run tactics isn't the best idea against Kratos because then you give him a chance to react. Jack's best bet is to kill him before he can do anything.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Hit and run tactics isn't the best idea against Kratos because then you give him a chance to react. Jack's best bet is to kill him before he can do anything.
    React...how? Jack is an indistinct blur to him while Kratos is like a person trying run underwater to Jack.

There's no quick time events in Rumbles.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    React...how? Jack is an indistinct blur to him while Kratos is like a person trying run underwater to Jack.

There's no quick time events in Rumbles.
    Kratos has several area and aura spells, and various invincible super modes. If he has a second to act, Jack's already lost.

at that point, kratos has fought and killed poseidon, hermes, hades, helios and hercules. aside from Aphrodite, hera was the least powerful and intimating god kratos had met. and you're saying she deserved to get killed because she made some backhanded comment about a girl kratos barely knew? that doesn't sound like a tragic hero. that sounds like a childish psycho who had no impulse control. "you say bad words! kratos hurt you!"

you're not doing a very good job of making kratos look sympathetic when he kills a person for saying words.
    All of whom picked the fight themselves in the first place.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    Kratos has several area and aura spells, and various invincible super modes. If he has a second to act, Jack's already lost.
    Jack could just jump outside the reach of the spells. They're not that big to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    All of whom picked the fight themselves in the first place.
    Because Kratos was leading their ancient enemies to war against them.

Just like in the greek myth, most people in the series are assholes. That especially includes a lot of the gods. But it doesn't make Kratos less of a selfish, murderous monster man.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Jack could just jump outside the reach of the spells. They're not that big to be honest.

Because Kratos was leading their ancient enemies to war against them.

Just like in the greek myth, most people in the series are assholes. That especially includes a lot of the gods. But it doesn't make Kratos less of a selfish, murderous monster man.
    Not the head of Medusa or Eurayle. They're 360 in all areas and falls the entire screen.

There is also the lightening of chronos that auto targets and some others as well. Suffice it to say, Jack should just kill Kratos before he has a chance to react.
    Last edited by Slade1; 02-25-2018 at 07:22 AM.