Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

One of Cap's privileges is that his fans don't constantly whine about a lack of exposure for him despite him being pretty much the center of his franchise at all times lol

BANNED

Cyclops is the better and more interesting character.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Yeah, he's more of an old creep preying on teenage girls since he's over 100 years old, Cyclops is more into older chicks like the millions year old phoenix or "really 27 years old" Emma
    what fanfic you are reading? Sharon and scarlet witch aren't any teens.

Captain America is man pain free. That is why people respect him

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    One of Cap's privileges is that his fans don't constantly whine about a lack of exposure for him despite him being pretty much the center of his franchise at all times lol
    Oh snap! Lmao not sure that's what this thread was asking... you shall not throw shade at my fellow Cyclops fans. I'm a fan in my own way.

Fantastic Member

I honestly don't mind Scott being hated in universe because I think that it's kind of interesting. The idea that Captain America sees Cyclops as a villain and vice-versa could make for some incredible stories my problem is that marvel seems hesitant to follow through on this. When Bendis wrote Cyclops as the leader of an revolutionary group I actually thought this was a perfect thing after AvX but it went absolutely nowhere. Cyclops as a pseudo-Magneto character was an awesome place to go and they botched it. To answer your question though, Cap represent the old (seen through rose-colored glasses) and Cyclops represents the new (the x-men as a whole do). One of them wears the flag as a costume, the other dares to criticize it. I do think it was incredibly stupid to kill off Cyclops before Secret Empire because he could've been the perfect hero for that story. He could've organized everyone against Steve and it would've made total sense.
    "If I come back from the dead one more time I'll be seriously in danger of turning into some kind of walking cliche." - Jean Grey, Uncanny X-Men #284

Incredible Member

All I can say is its about time Scott got this treatment. He literally got everything he wanted in the X-franchise. I gotta find that post from another site that shares what was wrong with Cykes character and share that for some good discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJelly View Post
    I honestly don't mind Scott being hated in universe because I think that it's kind of interesting. The idea that Captain America sees Cyclops as a villain and vice-versa could make for some incredible stories my problem is that marvel seems hesitant to follow through on this. When Bendis wrote Cyclops as the leader of an revolutionary group I actually thought this was a perfect thing after AvX but it went absolutely nowhere. Cyclops as a pseudo-Magneto character was an awesome place to go and they botched it. To answer your question though, Cap represent the old (seen through rose-colored glasses) and Cyclops represents the new (the x-men as a whole do). One of them wears the flag as a costume, the other dares to criticize it. I do think it was incredibly stupid to kill off Cyclops before Secret Empire because he could've been the perfect hero for that story. He could've organized everyone against Steve and it would've made total sense.
    I see your point, I think it would’ve been interesting. I wish Scott’s reasons for being hated weren’t so weak.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I see your point, I think it would’ve been interesting. I wish Scott’s reasons for being hated weren’t so weak.
    I think no matter what he does someone will always hate him, but it'd be more balanced if there's also more people siding with him

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Cyclops is the better and more interesting character.

Astonishing Member

I don't understand the people who act as if Scott just had received his fair punishment.
    We are in the year 2018. IIRC AvX is from 2012. The quality of the books after AvX and the Utopia period declined harshly. And Scott has been out of the books since Secret Wars in 2015.

I think it will end up being a monkey paw for the people who wanted the focus on Scott to end. Lemire Storm and Guggenheim Kitty Pryde really make Scott look fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    This. One hundred percent this.

BANNED

Well one thing is certain...Cyclops has been on easy street in that mansion for a long time before they turned him into something edgier...something a Jean Grey would have nothing to do with.

When you compare the two recently, it really shows a double standard for Marvel

'Cyclops' destroys one cloud in self-defence and is considered mutant Hitler

Capt. America becomes the leader of Hydra (equivalent of Nazis), destroys Las Vegas - killing hundreds, sets up concentration camps and isn't considered a Hitler

I don't hate Cap, I think he's a great character - I hate Marvel's decisions.
    Last edited by WheelchairX; 02-18-2018 at 05:11 AM.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    When you compare the two recently, it really shows a double standard for Marvel

'Cyclops' destroys one cloud in self-defence and is considered mutant Hitler

Capt. America becomes the leader of Hydra (equivalent of Nazis), destroys Las Vegas - killing hundreds, sets up concentration camps and isn't considered a Hitler

I don't hate Cap, I think he's a great character - I hate Marvel's decisions.
    This character (the one which destroyed Las Vegas) is in prison.

Cyclops? Inhumans convinced UN that he is responsible for mutant attacks (which weren't true).

Quote Originally Posted by JustJelly View Post
    I've really enjoyed Cyclops development as a character since Avengers VS X-Men. Went from a bland Boy Scout to a Revolutionary badass!
    AvX was terrible. All characters were out-of-character. Cyclops got the worst treatment.
    About Marvel's treatment. my fave thing is captain america has so far gotten less crap for a fascist takeover of america than cyclops got for killing one dude.
    (Still bitter at Marvel's treatment of the whole thing)
    though it is making me realize how much I've grown to love Cyclops, in particular militant revolutionary Cyclops. He once told Captain America to go to hell and it was beautiful.
    I loved revolutionary cyclops.
    yeah. Cyclops is definitely an empathetic revolutionary. You understand why he's doing what he is. His revolutionary turn was awesome and now they killed him...
    Rant
    Jean really is the worst character in Marvel, isn't she?
    Scemma forever Triangle never.
    Scott needs an alpha female like Bettsy.
    What woman wouldn't be attracted to Scott? He's 100% alpha male who tells the Avengers to go f*#& themselves.
    I want cyclops back free from any ginger women to be his own man.
    Logically..
    TeenClops should have lusted for Emma & Cuckoos. Especially Stepford Cuckoos! They're teenage triplet clones of his hottest ex, how could he not be?
    End of rant