Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

The wedding is happening, not necessarily the marriage. Though it is often foolish to hope, we can still cling to the idea that something will go horribly wrong (you know, other than the writing).

My fix? Do a deal with DC and send her over to the cast of Bendis' Superman.

I'd say by writing her as a character, not this end all be all savior of the X-Men that for some reason is in charge of everyone who calls themselves an X-Man. It's both grating to read and makes no sense, especially with how many others in the X-Men would be much more logical choices as leader.

Spectacular Member comradepitrovsky's Avatar

Make it explicit she's sleeping with Rachel and Illyana.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by comradepitrovsky View Post
    Make it explicit she's sleeping with Rachel and Illyana.
    Make an X-Men comic full of yuri subtext?

BANNED

How is sending characters off to limbo a salvage? When they come back people will still remember the previous assassination. People still haven’t forgotten about Rick Remender despite Havok only sporadically showing up in comics for example.

Have her die tragically and then come back in a couple of years with a nice fresh start

Nothing is wrong with her! Guggenheim writes her fine.

Fantastic Member

Heroic sacrifice, let her rest alogside Scott for a couple of years. She (and we) needs some time off.

Wanda, you're our only hope! - Seriously though, I don't want either one to die because of a rushed, unrealistic, attempt at more money, wedding so it the most practical way in my opinion
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

No need for extreme measures, good writing will do the trick. If Storm and Psylocke survived Scott Lobdell, there's light for Kitty at the end of Guggenheim's tunnel.

In the same way hate marvel for loves to adopt extreme actions even if it goes against the nature of the character I am equally astonished that some fans and readers believe that extreme measures or even limbo are necessary to save a character from some bad stories. Did we not learn anything from Wanda or One More Day?

No action is needed because even though Kitty is being portrayed in a somewhat annoying way for some in Gold is not enough to be something that destroys the character or cause a schism among the fans.

Just a good writer, a good story and stop raising Kitty as a great leader at the expense of the other remaining characters of the team treating them as imbeciles or amateurs and everything will be okay problem solved.

Even the reaction of some to the marriage is too extreme is not as if it were something impossible to happen in the marvel universe or that it will destroy both characters eternally.

There are worse things that happened recently with some characters and did not generate as much commotion.
    Last edited by Knives; 02-18-2018 at 06:40 AM.

Astonishing Member

A whole lot of you folks are overreacting. Worse has been done to these characters than has been done to Kitty.

Angel had his wings cut off and replaced with razor blades. Psylocke got put into a different body. Jubilee got turned into a literal monster. And a whole bunch of characters have actually died. They've all managed to survive it or come back from it, though sometimes a bit changed. Kitty gets engaged to a character she's been romantically linked to for ages and acts like Miss Bossy-pants for a while and it's THE END OF THE WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    A whole lot of you folks are overreacting. Worse has been done to these characters than has been done to Kitty.

Angel had his wings cut off and replaced with razor blades. Psylocke got put into a different body. Jubilee got turned into a literal monster. And a whole bunch of characters have actually died. They've all managed to survive it or come back from it, though sometimes a bit changed. Kitty gets engaged to a character she's been romantically linked to for ages and acts like Miss Bossy-pants for a while and it's THE END OF THE WORLD.
    I can see this now - there have been a lot worse, though I feel Apocalypse/Archangel did a lot of good for Warren- he was not as interesting beforehand.
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    I can see this now - there have been a lot worse, though I feel Apocalypse/Archangel did a lot of good for Warren- he was not as interesting beforehand.
    Don't forget Psylocke's body switch was also considered a major upgrade for a lot of X-Fans.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    Isn't it kind of telling that X-fans can deal with the big, operatic, over-the-top stuff but it's the regular life stuff (which I will admit is harder to magically reverse) that they can't handle. Basically, Kitty got a promotion (and decided to embrace her new authority) and got engaged and folks can't deal with it. God forbid she take out a mortgage on a house or something.