Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Taylor Spills Details on Marvel's New "Superior Iron Man" Title

Writer Tom Taylor discloses several details about "Superior Iron Man" and Tony Stark's increased ambition and ego.

Full article here.

Spectacular Member mister_medusa's Avatar

Not much to go on yet but this does not feel as organic as the upcoming Thor and Cap stories. I hope I am wrong

Spectacular Member

I don't understand how THIS Tony is any different that the one who headed up Registration or the one who was(is?) a member of the Illuminati, or who tried to build a city over the remains of Mandarin City, or who infected himself with Extremis? He thought he was right in all of those situations too, and he thought he was doing it all for the betterment of the rest of us.

Incredible Member

I actually thought this was going to be a new character. It seems he's just going crazier for some reason.....

If I can hazard a guess here but I think the results of Tony making it out of Axis puts him back into the mind frame he had during Civil War and Pro-Registration and what is going on with him in New Avengers. I think this is Tony broken and now feeling he has to make all the "tough" choices to save the world now. If anything with the Incursions and the Red Skull taking the power of Onslaught to make the world hate filled. Wouldn't you want to take steps to keep things like that from happening?
    Mooper Films

So this is the reason for Taylor's absence from the Earth 2 weekly series at DC? Disappointed.

I don't see why Marvel is trying to make Tony into a villain and I know there are posters here who already think he is one. Yes I know. I've heard it a million times, but TO ME he is one of Marvel's greatest heroes EVER and they are going down a darker road. I will be checking it out, but I'm worried. It doesn't come off as organic as the rest, but it's Tony. I've been with him through everything else. So I will roll with him until the wheels fall off.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

It feels like CBR already has an article about what's going on with marvel and when a posted creates a post after finding something from another site, that's the time they will post their article about it too.

Anyway, I was hyped for a new Iron Man. I think somebody as Iron Man is better than making Iron Man different.

...unless this aggressive Superior Tony styles a mohawk! Hahaha.

Illusive Guy

Soooo... when are Marvel going to go back to writing Iron Man as a hero?

that pose he has in the drawing looks very feminine... I hope this doesn't mean that Tony will be the lead in a world wide team of Iron Men. Like he creates Ironman Inc. and then he gives different suits to different people all over the world and has Javris be sorta like the recon AI that connects and helps them all... or maybe Tony himselfs acts as the recon given his new more "egoistical attitude"

The word Superior is supposed to connect it to superior spiderman. It may well be a misdirectbut doc ock did have contact with stark brainscanning technology at avengers tower, and Stark did record a lot of the data. Maybe he got into the system? Never sure what happened to doc ock after Parker came back.
    Or it could continue the theme of SS with Starks enemy getting into his head.
    Or... It could just be Arno.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

DD could be the guy to keep SIM in check once they become neighbours. Matt hates bullies, so if he sees Tony (or Arno or whoever) being heavy handed with anyone, he won't let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    DD could be the guy to keep SIM in check once they become neighbours. Matt hates bullies, so if he sees Tony (or Arno or whoever) being heavy handed with anyone, he won't let it go.
    Yeah, Daredevil and Iron Man are going to face off right away it sounds like......

http://www.newsarama.com/21598-super...-darkness.html

I might give this a try, I like the part about "Stark also gets an all-new armor for the series, which is equal parts Apple computer and Tron."

So two of my favorite things in the only superhero that I like. Perfect.

And not to get too far off-topic, but I'd love it if they used this armor, and this idea or scenario, as a template for the next phase of Iron Man/Avengers movies once Robert Downey Jr. steps down. And if they did, and Hot Toys made a 1/6 scale figure in their MMS Diecast line, then they got me.

Tom Taylor is writing this? Sign me up.
    "Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing."-
    Benjamin Franklin