Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Mine is an amalgam of Golden and Silver Age Supermans from the comics and also the Fleischer/Famous cartoon Superman. Also All Star Superman but he is kind of a modernized take on Silver Age Superman.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-19-2018 at 12:49 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Retired

I never got the 6 foot tall poster, but I had the super right on target poster on my bedroom wall for many years when I was a teen.

I certainly remember that Superman - Peace Sign poster...LOL

Hmm...some where between; Bud Collyer, Curt Swan and George Reeve...

Superman - George Reeves.jpg

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Grant Morrison's: All-Star + New 52. My ideal Superman is someone who starts out as the New 52 hothead before growing up into the distilled perfection that is All-Star Superman.

Kingdom come superman. If Reeve accident had never happened.. He was the perfect choice for one film of this version.

kingdom_come_superman_by_alex_ross.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 02-19-2018 at 01:36 PM.

Characterization and mythos-wise, Greg Pak's New 52 Superman is very, very close to my ideal. Maybe not 100%, but then again I don't think he got the type of time or freedom he deserved to really delve into everything to the point to really know his own definitive set-up. But even then surely, with the specific tastes I have, I'd have likely had a few quibbles. That's only natural. But still, its close.

Visually, its Garcia-Lopez.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-19-2018 at 01:40 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

My ideal Superman is a frankestein of elements that I like from various eras (mainly Silver Age and early Golden Age).

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

If we're talking only about artwork, then it's definitely this guy. Superman-by-Steve-Rude.jpg

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Steve Rude definitely is probably my favorite "modern" Superman artist: (And I've noticed now how he doesn't have just one Superman, but many different looks for him)
    Zstop9ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp.jpg

Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-19-2018 at 01:53 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Superman since convergence and before reborn. I mean the Superman which Lois had Jon, not new 52 version or the mixed universes version after reborn.

Last edited by Byrant; 02-19-2018 at 02:02 PM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

One of the great things about Steve Rude is that he can draw Superman in different styles, and his Superman doesn't just look good as a product of that style. Like I'm a huge Jim Lee fan, but I don't think his Superman is especially good from the rest of his characters.

Rude is up there for me along with Toth, Frenz, Bog, and Cardy... well, almost anyone lol. Bob Oksner was sure outstanding. But overall I have to go with Ordway. I can't even post just one picture because it wouldn't quite get it all, but he's done so many great Superman covers and interiors that perfectly capture his powerful form and his gentle face.

When it comes to definitive, for me it has to be the comics because they're the source material. That's how he was intended and presented. Canon or not, though. So I strictly go with the Daily and Sunday newspaper strips 1939~1966, and the comic books cover dated October 1970 to the comics released December 2003 (AoS #623, Action 810, Volume 2 #200, etc). Including spinoffs, warts and all because otherwise it's head canon. My collection is a few years from what I consider perfect but I can't wait for the next IDW release, for one thing.

Here are some great snapshots from the comic books.

http://dccomicsartists.com/superart/BronzeAge.htm

http://dccomicsartists.com/superart/IronAge.htm

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    My ideal Superman is a frankestein

P.S. I'm sorry.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post

P.S. I'm sorry.
    Please don't remind me that horror. These pics should be banned from the internet.

Spectacular Member DetectiveStrange's Avatar

I think of three things:

Christopher Reeve as Superman, All-Star Superman, and the Fleischer cartoon Superman.
    Attached Images Attached Images