Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Default Potential Spider-Man/Black Cat family

I’ve noticed with discussions of Spider-Man’s love life it’s pretty clear he wants a family with children. That seems to be relatively agreed on, regardless of who the love interest is (I won’t say everyone agrees, but the view is common).

Here’s my question: do you think Felicia would want to settle down like that and be a mother? My guess is that she might try to settle down for a while, for his sake, but would get bored after a while and return to action. As for children, I don’t know her attitude towards them (the MC2 version didn’t seem to have the best of relationships with her kids, though), but I can’t see her having much patience with small children. I’d get the idea Peter would be much more the active parent between the two.

What do you think?

Felicia doesn't want a family. She should find the very idea of having a family boring. She doesn't want the house and the picket fence and the children. That's a big part of the drama in the Spidey/Black Cat relationship.

Wouldn't happen, Spidey doesn't want to know what happens when you cross a cat and a spider:

Jokes aside, after their break up Felicia matured, even started to care about Peter and not just Spider-Man, so at the very least there's potential for her to mature more and want to have kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Felicia doesn't want a family. She should find the very idea of having a family boring. She doesn't want the house and the picket fence and the children. That's a big part of the drama in the Spidey/Black Cat relationship.
    While those problems could potentialy happen, the problems in the relationship we actualy see are her lies, hipocrisy and not caring about the Peter side.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 02-18-2018 at 07:52 PM.

Ultimate Member

I think that it could work between them, as they wouldn't suffer the problems that Peter and MJ have often faced with him rushing off to fight crime and she just waiting around at home and that kind of thing, Peter and Felicia could fight crime and such together as he wouldn't have to worry about her being able to handle herself in a fight, as for the kids I don't think that Felicia would want the stereotype of the white picket fence but they could still be a family with a kid or two and just not get a home in the suburbs but maybe in some high rise and such...

There was a bit in one comic where Spidey wondered what a family with her would look like. Love the Spidey dog:

WhyYouMaryJanePart2T.jpg
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    There was a bit in one comic where Spidey wondered what a family with her would look like. Love the Spidey dog:

WhyYouMaryJanePart2T.jpg
    This is what I mean. Scenes like this make it clear Peter wants children; to be a father. I was just wondering if Felicia’s vision of the future matches with his at all.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Exactly. She loves the danger and excitement that Spider-Man represents, but she wants nothing to do with goody two shoes Parker:

"I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Ultimate Member

That was old news as later on she fell for both Spider-Man and Peter Parker and I think that they'd be able to handle one or two kids...

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Exactly. She loves the danger and excitement that Spider-Man represents, but she wants nothing to do with goody two shoes Parker:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FVXCQBs2i...1600/SSM87.jpg
    Eh, everybody likes to make this point, which while true, she grew over it.

Spectacular#116:

Spectacular#123:

And while this one from 123 can be argued that she was just manipulating Peter (In 129 she does admit that she made some complex plan to make Spidey owe to her to they get even 'cause of hurt pride), she also admitted in the same issue she fell in love with him again, and the page from 116 is from before her revenge started, so she was probably being honest.

Spectacular#129:

And while the quality of the writing from What ifs are questionable, to put it lightly, there is one what if where she accepted to marry Peter no problem (Though the same what if has her becoming more agressive for no reason and getting jealous of MJ despite being married with Peter, so it's a moot point).

But of course, OMD ruined it all, so we ain't getting a developed Felicia like this anymore:

Sensational#34:

https://i.imgur.com/723RbUj.png

https://i.imgur.com/3RB1RqM.png

https://i.imgur.com/EZwrhUU.png

https://i.imgur.com/5cglXDn.png

https://i.imgur.com/dw5zdS4.png
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 02-18-2018 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    ...But of course, OMD ruined it all, so we ain't getting a developed Felicia like this anymore..[/url]
    Exactly Felicia grew a lot between the time when she rejected Peter because he was "boring" and the Felicia we saw later on Pre-OMD. She was no longer the shallow person she once was. I think that version of Felicia and Peter could have made a great couple and nucleus of an eventual family.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Exactly Felicia grew a lot between the time when she rejected Peter because he was "boring" and the Felicia we saw later on Pre-OMD. She was no longer the shallow person she once was. I think that version of Felicia and Peter could have made a great couple and nucleus of an eventual family.
    Yeah. Pre-development Felicia was nothing more than a fling, she was someone who didn't really love Spidey simply because she denied who he truly is, so it'd never work out, but post development? Honestly, just like MJ she learned to accept and also love a side she didn't like, because she matured that much she could easily be a marriage material, but Peter was taken when she came back, and then 90's happened and she became a jealous bitch, though at least that was gone after a while and she became a better person until everyone's favorite demonic divorce happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Yeah. Pre-development Felicia was nothing more than a fling, she was someone who didn't really love Spidey simply because she denied who he truly is, so it'd never work out, but post development? Honestly, just like MJ she learned to accept and also love a side she didn't like, because she matured that much she could easily be a marriage material, but Peter was taken when she came back, and then 90's happened and she became a jealous bitch, though at least that was gone after a while and she became a better person until everyone's favorite demonic divorce happened.
    The more I think about it the more I hate the execution of the OMD storyline. It was like that old saying of throwing out the baby with the bathwater: sure they eliminated the supposedly problematic marriage but along with it lost years of the development of other characters and the presence of the classic supporting cast (thank goodness the latter is slowly being corrected).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ultimate Member

Well with all of the reality warping they could have somehow from the two most likely relationships for Peter that he can have with MJ and Felicia that they could just have him live through both really fast and end up with a daughter from each and then bring them back to the 616 verse with the daughters being about 19, quick way to get a kid for both and have that connection between Peter and MJ and Felicia but without having to age any of them and such...