Super Moderator

Default Lou Ferrigno Claims a New Hulk Film Will Follow "Avengers: Age of Ultron"

The star of the "Incredible Hulk" television series says another solo outing for the Green Goliath is, indeed, in the works.

Full article here.

BANNED

Marvel has supposedly mapped these movies out until 2028, and has generally been coming out with 2 a year. So that's Cap and Guardians this year, then Ant Man and Avengers 2 next year, then 26 more. Surely there's room for a Hulk 2 in there...and a Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Cap 3 and 4, Iron Man 4, Thor 3 and 4, Hulk 3, Avengers 3, 4 and 5, Guardians 2 and 3, Ant Man 2, Wasp, Defenders (following up on the upcoming TV serieses), Nick Fury, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Mockingbird, Punisher, Captain Marvel 2, Doctor Strange 2, Black Panther 2...

I'm not offended by more Hulk, but it might be best to wait until Avengers 3 or have him appear with another character's film. The filmmakers have to figure out how to make a compelling feature-length Hulk drama. Incredible was a modest success stateside, but wasn't quite the super-hit domestically that it was planned to be.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm not offended by more Hulk, but it might be best to wait until Avengers 3 or have him appear with another character's film. The filmmakers have to figure out how to make a compelling feature-length Hulk drama. Incredible was a modest success stateside, but wasn't quite the super-hit domestically that it was planned to be.
    When was it planned to be a hit? It was slated to be direct-to-DVD while they were making it, wasn't it? I understood that it got bumped up to a theatrical because they expected it to do okeh, not to do fantastic.

I think I'd rather wait on a third Hulk film. He's already had two average, if entertaining, movies and had a better showing in Avengers.

I'm cool with one down the line, but not in place of something like Black Panther or Captain Marvel.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    When was it planned to be a hit? It was slated to be direct-to-DVD while they were making it, wasn't it? I understood that it got bumped up to a theatrical because they expected it to do okeh, not to do fantastic.
    It cost way too much to be a direct to dvd film, don't know where you heard that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was always set for theaters. I don't think they would have ever just made it to stuff it on direct-to-DVD