Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default DC Zoom's Superman Titles For 2019

It sees a 14-year-old Clark Kent going to his first day at high school, only knowing Lana Lang from kindergarten, though Pete Ross, Lex Luthor and more will be waiting for him.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...e-josh-snyder/
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 02-19-2018 at 10:42 AM.

Addressed to younger comic readers I suppose? I'm not sold on the art but the story actually sounds kinda fun

BANNED

Information on the Super Sons book.

Ridley Pearson is an American author of suspense and thriller novels for adults, and adventure books for children, and behind the Disney Kingdom Keepers novels. And he was on hand at the American Library Association summit for the announcement of the DC Zoom and DC Ink lines from DC Comics.

And his Super Sons story out in April net year, featuring Jonathan Kent and Damian Wayne, the sons of Superman and Batman, will be about climate disruption. With Lower Metropolis under twelve feet of water, with super storms cycling around the world destroying farmland and with what Ridley described as “a coastal ambush” of refugees heading to Denver, Lincoln and Nebraska as the coastline get flooded.

These super sons abandoned by their fathers, will meet a young woman and rightful heiress of a continental empire facing four rival girls. They will work together, be friends together, be middle school kids and solve a world crisis. Maybe.

..The high school... I think that I am not interested..

¿¿¿???? Damian hair is brown/redhead... Meh.. No matter..

Maybe I find the next books more interesting..
    Last edited by adrikito; 02-19-2018 at 10:49 AM.

BANNED

Damien looks like Jimmy Olsen in that

Brings back fond memories of Superman Family Adventures .

Oh, and hey, they brought back the T-Shirt and jeans look!

(Only it looks more like he's wearing pants over his actual costume. And does it look like he's using the new Jim Lee suit with those cuffs?).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    And his Super Sons story out in April net year, featuring Jonathan Kent and Damian Wayne, the sons of Superman and Batman, will be about climate disruption. With Lower Metropolis under twelve feet of water, with super storms cycling around the world destroying farmland and with what Ridley described as “a coastal ambush” of refugees heading to Denver, Lincoln and Nebraska as the coastline get flooded.

These super sons abandoned by their fathers
    , will meet a young woman and rightful heiress of a continental empire facing four rival girls. They will work together, be friends together, be middle school kids and solve a world crisis. Maybe.

The bolded is kind of weird. I assume that Batman and Superman are just dealing with the disaster, but that's not really "abandoning" their sons, though i guess at this point people think Bruce abandoning Damian is in-character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Damien looks like Jimmy Olsen in that
    I get a more "kid Lex Luthor" vibe from him, especially next to Jon.

BANNED

Full Ink and Zoom panel

BANNED

So much of DC Ink and Zoom line look like they'll be better than the stuff going in the main books.

BANNED

Some information on the Superman Smashes the Klan.

At the American Library Association meet for the launch of the DC Ink and DC Zoom line for younger readers, DC Comics gave some more details of the Superman Smashes the Klan graphic novel by Gene Luen Yang, and how it ties directly into the Superman vs The Klan radio serial from the forties.

Because that is why the comic is set in 1946: it tells the story of an American Chinese girl who moves to Metropolis to find herself and her family’s ethnicity targeted by the Ku Klux Klan. Through her experience with Superman and the radio serial, she learns to overcome some of the trials and understand what it means to be American.

Shouldn't Superman of Smallville be called SuperBOY?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Shouldn't Superman of Smallville be called SuperBOY?
    As a teenager you wouldn't want to call yourself superboy if you are naming yourself. Being a teenager is considered the first steps into adulthood afterall.

BANNED

The cover has been revised

Solicitation

Superman of Smallville by Art Baltazar and Franco Aureliani.

Paperback $9.99 US DC Comics | DC Zoom 13 oz | 24 per carton On sale Sep 03, 2019 | 128 Pages | 978-1-4012-8392-6 Age 7 and up | Grade 2 & Up

Can the Superman of Smallville keep his town from going to the dogs? Acts of awesomeness are happening around town. People are being rescued, runaway tractors stopped, and fires extinguished. All of this in a day’s work for the hero known only as “Superman.” But who is he, really?
    Can the Superman of Smallville keep his town from going to the dogs? Acts of awesomeness are happening around town. People are being rescued, runaway tractors stopped, and fires extinguished. All of this in a day’s work for the hero known only as “Superman.” But who is he, really?

Thirteen-year-old Clark Kent knows. He has a super-secret–one his parents are constantly worried will get out. Clark promises to be extra careful, but when random things start flying off and disappearing, his parents threaten to ground him. Except he’s innocent! If Superman isn’t responsible . . . who is? Join Clark in this hilarious adventure as he sniffs out the real culprit.

From New York Times bestselling and Eisner Award-winning creators, Art Baltazar and Franco Aureliani comes a fun, whimsical take on high school freshmen Clark Kent, Lex Luthor and Lana Lang.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The cover has been revised

Solicitation
    I'm not the target audience, but this sounds pretty fun. I probably would have loved that when I was younger. I may still give it a shot either way. A lot of the Zoom/Ink stuff sounds like a refreshing change of pace from where the DCU is headed.

Retired

I'm the target audience--an old guy that likes Baltazar & Franco comics. Now what am I gonna do, because it's hard to get to a comic book store once a month, since all the ones close to me have closed down. May be forced to go digital.

Does DC have to pay more money to the Siegel family if they use the Superboy name? That was a separate legal battle from the one over Superman--so it might be that DC has to pay more money for the character name.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh, and hey, they brought back the T-Shirt and jeans look!

(Only it looks more like he's wearing pants over his actual costume. And does it look like he's using the new Jim Lee suit with those cuffs?).
    Actually I'm pretty sure the cuffs look is merely a coincidental effect of him having a sweater as part of his supersuit (because that is obviously a home knit sweater).

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    So much of DC Ink and Zoom line look like they'll be better than the stuff going in the main books.
    True, I know I'm definitely excited for a few of these titles. With some luck a couple of these stories might even get animated later.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I'm the target audience--an old guy that likes Baltazar & Franco comics. Now what am I gonna do, because it's hard to get to a comic book store once a month, since all the ones close to me have closed down. May be forced to go digital.

Does DC have to pay more money to the Siegel family if they use the Superboy name? That was a separate legal battle from the one over Superman--so it might be that DC has to pay more money for the character name.
    If you don't have the urgent need to collect every issue separately as it's released, I find collecting the trades off Amazon to be a fairly easy experience (never mind them closing down, I never had any comic shops near me to begin with).