Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Default Justice Society how do you want to see them return post Doomsday Clock

We have been teased for a while now that the Justice Society will return. How would you want to see that happen? Should they return to the main earth? Should we get a team similar to pre crisis JSA on their own earth? Should New 52 Earth 2 characters return in some way?
    Last edited by comicstar100; 02-19-2018 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    We have been teased for a while now that the Justice Society will return. How would you want to see that happen? Should they return to the main earth? Should we get a team similar to pre crisis JSA on their own earth? Should New 52 Earth 2 characters return in some way?
    * First off, I'm no longer counting on it happening at this point.
    (Or at least not while I'm still regularly buying DC comic books.)
    * Second, I personally would prefer returning them to their own, separate Earth along with their various pasts. It avoids turning them in to useless old folks just so they can build up present day Superman under Bendis.
    * Third, just leave the New 52 "Earth 2" characters totally separate from the classic JSA.
    If those characters do return for some reason, I do not want them stealing the thunder from the original versions they were supposedly inspired by.

I’m sure they will return, but I don’t think it’ll be before the back end of next year.
    The only way I see them coming back earlier is if Jay is part of Flash War (personally I don’t think he will be) and that could lead to their return.

When, eventually, they do return I hope it’s back to the original Earth 2... They’ll have to hurry up though as Johnny Quick is almost on his last breath as it is!

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    We have been teased for a while now that the Justice Society will return. Should we get a team similar to pre crisis JSA on their own earth? Should New 52 Earth 2 characters return in some way?
    1. YES!!!!!
    2. NO (but I don't really care as long as the classic JSA is back too)

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    ... They’ll have to hurry up though as Johnny Quick is almost on his last breath as it is!
    Johnny Quick?

(I believe the Johnny we saw in DC Universe: Rebirth and a few other times is the one who summons a pink Thunderbolt by saying "Say you!", not the one who gains super-speed by saying "3X2(9YZ)4A".)

I will also add, if Jay is part of Flash War and the JSA don’t return, when they do eventually return it’ll unlikely be back to their original Earth as Jay will already be part of the Earth all the Flashes are on.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Johnny Quick?

(I believe the Johnny we saw in DC Universe: Rebirth and a few other times is the one who summons a pink Thunderbolt by saying "Say you!", not the one who gains super-speed by saying "3X2(9YZ)4A".)
    Yes, my bad....

BANNED

- Have them on the main Earth alongside everyone else.
    - Have as much of the team's history from he 40's to the 2000's in tact as possible.
    - Tied into the previous point, no, I do NOT want a line-up which resembles the Golden Age one.
    - Keep the Earth 2 Characters Separate.

Spectacular Member

-I'd rather have them on their own Earth There's just too many superheroes running around.
    -You have to have the Golden Age characters, otherwise it's pointless.
    -I want them in their prime. Just have the team and all supporting characters get caught in the timestream or something and jump to the present.
    -The Earth 2 characters of the New52 should be separate-in a box in the back of a closet no one looks in.
    -Have some flashback stories from WWII

Astonishing Member

Assuming DC can't be talked out of returning them to the current main Earth or its history, I'd rather the classic JSA be connected in some way to an alternate timeline.

However DC returns them they are going to be strangers in a strange land. Maybe some foes and supporting cast members come back with them but by and large the idea seems to be that they will have vanished around 60 years ago and are coming back to now. So it isn't like there will be a lot of modern connections anyhow.

My take would be to bring them back but either in a timeline that has no other heroes or from such a timeline.

Idea A: JSA existed in the Golden Age on the current main Earth but vanished in 195x. Johnny brings them back but somehow they are shifted to a world with the same history up until 195x, but where no modern heroes ever appeared. So Jay and Alan are part of a history that the JLA, Titans, etc shared. Time travelers can go back to interact with them. Their adventures in the 1940's can produce modern problems. But the actual JSA isn't part of the present to complicate an overcrowded Earth. The JSA is off in some divergent world where their return reignited metahuman/mystery man stuff. No dystopian stuff like the old Earth 2 (though some of those characters might appear here if we don't look too closely at merging their last appearance with this JSA world).

Idea B: There never was a JSA in this world's history. In stead Johnny Thunder never realized that he had his T-bolt send him to a different Earth- one where the fist real Flash is Barry Allen and the Green lanterns are space cops not guys who found mystic railroad lamps. But when Johnny (or whoever) bring the JSA back there find that their world was destroyed (Maybe it was Earth 2 from the new 52 or maybe someone like Dr. Manhattan simply broke it). So now the JSA with memories of a world that isn't this one are forced to make their home not only in a new time but also in a new universe. My only reason for suggesting this is that it saves us from endless attempts to recreate a history for the JSA that doesn't match what we have been told in all the other New 52 books. We get a JSA back and we can even have them with what ever prior history is needed but no one has to try shoehorning Alan's GL career into either Bruces's (if Alan was based in Gotham) or the GLC (since Hal would now be starting out using Alan's hero name).

Glass houses and all that stuff ...

... I would love it if Tom Taylor wrote a 'traditional' Justice Society (e.g. all the old members) set in the current DCU... even though his Injustice is brutal, his characterisation on Wildcat and Dr Mid-nite have been awesome!
    I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

Staff writer at www.impulsegamer.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    Glass houses and all that stuff ...

... I would love it if Tom Taylor wrote a 'traditional' Justice Society (e.g. all the old members) set in the current DCU... even though his Injustice is brutal, his characterisation on Wildcat and Dr Mid-nite have been awesome!
    Tom Taylor's Earth 2 was one of the worst comic books I have ever read. I would certify him "talent-free" because of that. That run had stories with an ill-defined 'threat" which was never really shown to be bad. Characters took a side for some reason and sometimes even stayed on that same side throughout the arc.

Tom Taylor would ensure I wouldn't buy the book. And I'd buy JSA if it were ****.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Tom Taylor's Earth 2 was one of the worst comic books I have ever read. I would certify him "talent-free" because of that.
    I don't think it's fair to judge a writer as talent-free from one book, especially when they have other notable works out. Robinson wrote Starman, but he also wrote Cry for Justice. Geoff Johns basically has a 50/50 gold to crap ratio in terms of his work. I haven't read his Earth 2, but I'm a big fan of Taylor thanks to his fantastic All-New Wolverine series and the expertise with which he handles the characters of Booster Gold and the Blue Beetles in Injustice.

Astonishing Member

I am torn, I feel the JSA is 'reduced' by being on the main earth. They are older counterparts. However my favorite all time JSA stories were told on main earth, the Goyer/Johns JSA/Justice Society books. I love the idea of them being the main heroes of their own earth, (a big fan of Roy Thomas' All Star Squadron and Earth 2 tales) with their own legacy characters, Star Girl, Infinity Inc. I would hate all of those great Goyer/Johns stories be wiped out of continuity. If they get their own earth they can be more vital, younger instead of the older version of something. Maybe say all the stuff that happened in the Goyer/Johns books did happen on main earth but after they are brought back they are sent to their own earth younger in the past (to re-establish the All-Star Squadron, Infinity Inc/Roy Thomas continuity). If Johns is too busy I would love to have Goyer write the Justice Society (and Hickman the LSH) after Doomsday Clock.

Mighty Member

Should they return to the main earth? Should we get a team similar to pre crisis JSA on their own earth?
    I'd prefer them integrated into the main earth and I'd like a team that's somewhere between a more "classic" lineup and something more similar to late 90's/2000s JSA with a few older members and more children and legacies. If Johnny Thunder is this old the rest of them have certainly had kids and grandkids too.

Should New 52 Earth 2 characters return in some way?
    No, let them rot.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Tom Taylor's Earth 2 was one of the worst comic books I have ever read. I would certify him "talent-free" because of that. That run had stories with an ill-defined 'threat" which was never really shown to be bad. Characters took a side for some reason and sometimes even stayed on that same side throughout the arc.

Tom Taylor would ensure I wouldn't buy the book. And I'd buy JSA if it were ****.
    Same. I hated what he did with Earth 2 so much I am hesitant to try ANYTHING he writes and I wouldn't pick up a JSA book by him at all. Maybe it's a little petty but I've rarely been so pissed at a book like what DC did with Earth 2.