Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default When the Disney/Fox deal finally goes through will we get the Brad Bird FF Film

When Disney finally gets the FF back is Brad Bird going to be the first choice for the Fantastic Four reboot? What other directors other than Bird would anyone consider?

If they are willing to mend broken bridges id like Edgar Wtoght. He brings a level of fun to everything he does. But antman might habe spoiled him on the MCU forever. bird could work and i would mind Lord and Miller getting a crack at it.

I think Wright and Marvel parted on good terms. Its not like Lord and Miller who were essentially kicked out after they started doing their own thing after agreeing to doing something else.

Wright was developing an Ant Man since a long time. Even before the MCU. Marvel wanted more connection to MCU and Wright did not want it. They parted on terms which was acceptable for both sides. So, Wright returning won't be too difficult if he wants to.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by mburns View Post
    When Disney finally gets the FF back is Brad Bird going to be the first choice for the Fantastic Four reboot? What other directors other than Bird would anyone consider?
    Generally a fan of Brad Bird's work, but is live action really in his wheelhouse? Plus, for him, the FF would likely be a case of "been there, done that".

I'd love it if they could get Edgar Wright, but I've always been interested to see what guys like Ron Howard and Robert Zemeckis could do with a Marvel movie.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I think Wright and Marvel parted on good terms. Its not like Lord and Miller who were essentially kicked out after they started doing their own thing after agreeing to doing something else.

Wright was developing an Ant Man since a long time. Even before the MCU. Marvel wanted more connection to MCU and Wright did not want it. They parted on terms which was acceptable for both sides. So, Wright returning won't be too difficult if he wants to.
    Yeah I love Edgar Wright and Scott Pilgrim vs the World is one of my favorite movies. I don't think Marvel and Wright parted on bad terms. As I recall Marvel was very a patient with Wright and allowed him to develop the Ant Man film for years. It was actually supposed to be the first film in the MCU but by the time he got around to actually filming the MCU was in full swing. Wright may have had the additional freedom he wanted if he had made the film years earlier as was the Plan.

BANNED

Honestly don't even care.

The Fox/Disney deal is a new and dangerous example of media consolidation that is already really bad and getting worse. When the big fish are eating each other there will soon only be one left. We're heading toward a universe where essentially all of the major media providers in the world will be owned by at least 3 or 4 companies.

Stuff like this is what destroys art and will destroy the entertainment industry.

But I guess that doesn't matter if we can see Reed Richards and Captain America on the same screen!!!!111!!!!1!!!!1!!!!!1

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Not sure about director but as far as content and writing goes, why not give Jon Hickman's run a shot? It would mean that Franklin and Valeria become significant characters and also possibly a chance to have the Inhumans done right, plus Doom would be significant without being an outright villain the whole way through a trilogy of movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mburns View Post
    When Disney finally gets the FF back is Brad Bird going to be the first choice for the Fantastic Four reboot?
    No. It'd be been there, done that for him. I doubt he'd be interested.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post

The Fox/Disney deal is a new and dangerous example of media consolidation that is already really bad and getting worse. When the big fish are eating each other there will soon only be one left. We're heading toward a universe where essentially all of the major media providers in the world will be owned by at least 3 or 4 companies.

Stuff like this is what destroys art and will destroy the entertainment industry.

But I guess that doesn't matter if we can see Reed Richards and Captain America on the same screen!!!!111!!!!1!!!!1!!!!!1

This has been going on since the 1980's when Turner bought MGM and began a round of mergers etc. Your like 30 years too late.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I'd say get someone like Chris Columbus who did Harry Potter at WB. If your going for a fun family , sci-fi film with elements of wonder like the Negative Zone and more ...get Columbus. But I'm sure Feig and executives are sitting down figuring out where to slide the changing pieces of things.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    This has been going on since the 1980's when Turner bought MGM and began a round of mergers etc. Your like 30 years too late.
    Too late for what exactly? Complaining about it? It's never been a good thing. Just because it's been happening for years doesn't mean I should accept it.

Too late for what exactly? Complaining about it? It's never been a good thing. Just because it's been happening for years doesn't mean I should accept it.
    Well its not destroyed the entertainment industry yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well its not destroyed the entertainment industry yet.
    On its way if we let these empires take over

BANNED

But yet more small budget, art house, and independent films are getting made than ever before.

It must be wearying trying so hard to be so edgy.

BANNED

I found the fox/disney deal more overkill but Dangerous is a good term. Who knows if the deal will still happen. It does not seem right that we might been in a world with only one company making comic book films.