Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Can't he jump/leap really far like a frog?
    Also can't he use his webs like a slingshot to launch himself a great distance?
    He did the latter in one of the movies.
    Last edited by BushidoBlade2; 02-20-2018 at 02:29 AM.

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BushidoBlade2 View Post
    Can't he jump/leap really far like a frog?
    Also can't he use his webs like a slingshot to launch himself a great distance?
    He did the latter in one of the movies.
    I could see that working.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

I mean, if the Russos had Cap being such a quick runner in Winter Soldier, Peter should have no trouble running even quicker or jumping or whatever. That whole scene was just complete stupidity and made to extract a few laughs at Spidey’s expense - like 90% of that whole movie...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    have him hitch a ride on a car? :shrugs:
    I didn't mind the suburbs scene. I don't think that it added much, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Use trees if there are enough of them. Otherwise, have him snag a ride with a bus or a transport truck perhaps.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    As someone who had lived in small towns their whole life, busses and transport trucks don’t come through (or the latter only goes to the one grocery store, and even those are rare). Trees also wouldn’t be a good substitute, as the are actually smaller than the houses and tend to be irregularly planted.

His option, then, would be civilian cars, and I’m not sure how happy the drivers would be.
    Guys, he can run, and if that's not fast enough, he can leap, he could even leap from one tree to another or whatever, it's really not a complicated issue lol.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    I mean, if the Russos had Cap being such a quick runner in Winter Soldier, Peter should have no trouble running even quicker or jumping or whatever. That whole scene was just complete stupidity and made to extract a few laughs at Spidey’s expense - like 90% of that whole movie...
    Again, ASM did something similar once, it was actualy worst since at least Homecoming Spidey decided to run soon after, ASM made stupider mistakes...

Mighty Member

I think the people who didn't like the movie had points about Spidey's incompetence, they wouldn't blink an eyelash at the suburbs scenes and would have understood Spidey is out of his element. However, when Spider-Man is out of his element throughout the whole movie, it just adds to their fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    I agree with the bold. Disagree with the rest.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Probably because it makes Spidey look like a dumbass amateur, I know it happened at least once in ASM, but that was dumb there too.
    Well, wouldn't that be entirely comic book accurate for a very rookie Spidey who is just starting out and had not yet faced a real supervillain before the Vulture?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    But why does it make him look dumb? He’s not used to that environment; that’s to be expected. Even a well trained sailor would be lost on how to man an aircraft, so to speak.
    You don't think he looked dumb in that scene? Because that was clearely their intention, make him looks dumb to get a few laughs out of the audience, why otherwise would they make him fall through a roof and crash through walls, he was even running waving his arms like a 5 years old for a moment. Not being used that enviroment shouldnt be an excuse for that.

And i have a few issues with the movie, but this particulary scene is not one of them, i'm already used to this kind of stuff in the MCU movies.