Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I just might. I've never been that high on Simone's work on solo titles like WW, but her and Secret Six are just a perfect match. I very much enjoyed it pre-FP. To this day I prefer her softer Bane over the I-broke-the-Bat version. I guess it just got lost in the shuffle of my attention being off of team stuff during most of the New 52.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

Whatever happened to Rose and Thorn?

Starfire, Swamp Thing, "Super Friends Expies" (Samurai, Dorado, Apache Chief)

I'd love to see the return of "Superman of America"! Yes, part of that is because it had Livewire on the team. But hey, Superman having his own team besides the JL is a nice way to make the books more interesting. Besides, Livewire can make any book interesting...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I'd love to see the return of "Superman of America"! Yes, part of that is because it had Livewire on the team. But hey, Superman having his own team besides the JL is a nice way to make the books more interesting. Besides, Livewire can make any book interesting...
    Maybe not as much a formal team as a sort of support group. Have Superman and Supergirl as mentors to other heroes who usually appear in solo team-ups or at most maybe three at a time to get one of the Supers' help.

Dr.Light, Dr. Midnite, The Question, Green Arrow, Starfire, Dr. Mist, Blackout, The Wonder Twins, Kid Lobo and Empress from YJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Maybe not as much a formal team as a sort of support group. Have Superman and Supergirl as mentors to other heroes who usually appear in solo team-ups or at most maybe three at a time to get one of the Supers' help.
    Well, it was this team I was thinking of: http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Supermen_of_America_II It's roster was: Superman, Super-Chief, Steel, "Iron" Munro, Livewire, Supergirl, Superboy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, it was this team I was thinking of: http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Supermen_of_America_II It's roster was: Superman, Super-Chief, Steel, "Iron" Munro, Livewire, Supergirl, Superboy
    Yes but that team was a last minute addition before the New 52 reboot and never really a team Superman worked with in any long term fashion. Just a personal preference but I like Superman in the JLA and wouldn't want to see his allegiance to them watered down by giving him a team of his own either in place of or in addition to that. We don't get to see Clark as Clark enough and I fear this Supermen of America would result in even more stories where he is never out of costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Yes but that team was a last minute addition before the New 52 reboot and never really a team Superman worked with in any long term fashion. Just a personal preference but I like Superman in the JLA and wouldn't want to see his allegiance to them watered down by giving him a team of his own either in place of or in addition to that. We don't get to see Clark as Clark enough and I fear this Supermen of America would result in even more stories where he is never out of costume.
    I dunno, another option that the writers have is to have Supes act as a coach from the sidelines at least in some stories. Why do I think this is likely? Well, Supes had an in-universe explanation for why he created the team. "Because I can't be in more than one place at a time."

Adam Blake (Captain Comet)

I believe he and Kal would be really, really, really good friends - such good friends that even Bruce would have twinges of jealousy.

He wouldn't be on Earth all that much, though, as he's out there exploring and studying the universe (and, as a flipside to Kal, feels he doesn't belong on Earth (for now)) but their adventures would be fun and epic and fun.

(And throw in Brood(ier-than-usual)-Bat whenever Adam does turn up in the Sol system )

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Dr. Occult and Zatara
    The Legion of Super Heroes
    Vril Dox II
    Samson and Atlas
    Gang Buster
    The Wonder Twins
    The Forager
    Mr. Miracle and Big Barda
    the real Maxima

He's been mentioned before but Iron Munro could be interesting, and has never lived up to his potential. He's a pulp hero expy of the old school. You'd need someone who could balance that out though, and still write a good story with that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by victorsage View Post
    He's been mentioned before but Iron Munro could be interesting, and has never lived up to his potential. He's a pulp hero expy of the old school. You'd need someone who could balance that out though, and still write a good story with that in mind.
    Part of why I'm still bummed be never got to see a writer write the Supermen of America was that it had Iron Munro acting as a mentor for Livewire. It's a classic comedy duo setup, since Livewire is rather erratic in her behavior even when her powers aren't driving her crazy. Iron Munro is a rather stoic person who is a perfect "straight man".