Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daoud View Post
    Black Panther Is the US’ Top-Grossing Superhero Movie, Ever
    https://www.cbr.com/black-panther-to...perhero-movie/

I wonder what will be the final theatrical tally?!

I also think the "Black Panther: Appreciation Thread" is the most viewed, non-stickyed, thread on this forum.

Clearly there is an untapped market that this movie served well.

Excelsior!

Daoud
    BP has crossed Avengers already! Did not expect to see it happen so soon. The first Avengers was a monster. No one. Not even Marvel, the people who made BP would have expected the film would do this good.

Edit: I am a bit confused. Websites are saying it has crossed 623 million. But Box Office Mojo lists it at 618 million after weekend estimate.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 03-24-2018 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    BP has crossed Avengers already! Did not expect to see it happen so soon. The first Avengers was a monster. No one. Not even Marvel, the people who made BP would have expected the film would do this good.

Edit: I am a bit confused. Websites are saying it has crossed 623 million. But Box Office Mojo lists it at 618 million after weekend estimate.
    The 618 is after Friday. BOM won't update for the weekend until Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    The 618 is after Friday. BOM won't update for the weekend until Sunday.
    Thanks. What a fool i have been? I should have checked the daily numbers.

Haven't been on CBR in a while but I wanted to chime in and say the success of this movie is well deserved.

I notice some are trying to downplay it and it's significance, which was bound to happen sooner or later but the movie is great and most agree there.

#WakandaForever

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Edwards View Post
    Haven't been on CBR in a while but I wanted to chime in and say the success of this movie is well deserved.

I notice some are trying to downplay it and it's significance, which was bound to happen sooner or later but the movie is great and most agree there.
    *shrugs* It was...expected, is all I can really say. Helps to find it amusing though.

#WakandaForever

Astonishing Member

I just don't think IW can beat BP on the domestic front. The opening weekend yes and maybe the second weekend but IW has to make the bulk of its' gross in the first three weekends because by then it will get slaughtered by Deadpool and Solo. It won't have the legs as BP so that's where it will lose. Still hope IW can pass 600M domestically but that might not be possible.

Either way no solo superhero debut will ever pass BP. Probably no sequel either. Crazy.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I just don't think IW can beat BP on the domestic front. The opening weekend yes and maybe the second weekend but IW has to make the bulk of its' gross in the first three weekends because by then it will get slaughtered by Deadpool and Solo. It won't have the legs as BP so that's where it will lose. Still hope IW can pass 600M domestically but that might not be possible.

Either way no solo superhero debut will ever pass BP. Probably no sequel either. Crazy.
    Never say "never," but BP has unquestionably set a high bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post

We have no idea yet if either Deadpool and especially Solo, will actually connect with audiences. Of the three, personally I have no interest in Solo. Right now I have no plans to watch Deadpool at the cinema, but if it gets rave reviews I might. (Probably when I can get cheaper tickets). I am already looking at suitable showing times for IW.

This is all personal, but it is reflective of how people make decisions on movies.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 03-25-2018 at 08:25 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Edwards View Post

#WakandaForever
    a lot out there don't like it when brown people are better than them at something

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    *shrugs* It was...expected, is all I can really say. Helps to find it amusing though.
    True lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    a lot out there don't like it when brown people are better than them at something
    All facts.

So Black Panther finally lost domestically after five weeks, to a movie starring John Boyega.

As a black man, feels good man, feels real good.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

BANNED

not too shabby

BLACK PANTHER ($630M in 2018) just surpassed THE AVENGERS ($623M in 2012) in terms of domestic box office.

And that is an extremely big deal. Major, major props to the cast and crew of the new King of the MCU!

However, the job is not yet truly done.

Those two figures do not account for inflation.

Box Office Mojo has the Top domestic movies, adjusted for inflation. Basically, think of

this chart

as indicative of the number of tickets sold.

BLACK PANTHER has made $630,916,236 in 2018 dollars so far.

Once adjusted for inflation, THE AVENGERS made $705,769,500 domestically in 2018 dollars.

BLACK PANTHER needs another $74,853,264 to truly match THE AVENGERS, and a wee bit more to overtake it.

Do you think BP has another (rounding up) $76 Million to firmly sit on the superhero movie throne?

I think it does.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    BLACK PANTHER ($630M in 2018) just surpassed THE AVENGERS ($623M in 2012) in terms of domestic box office.

And that is an extremely big deal. Major, major props to the cast and crew of the new King of the MCU!

However, the job is not yet truly done.

Those two figures do not account for inflation.

Box Office Mojo has the Top domestic movies, adjusted for inflation. Basically, think of

this chart

as indicative of the number of tickets sold.

BLACK PANTHER has made $630,916,236 in 2018 dollars so far.

Once adjusted for inflation, THE AVENGERS made $705,769,500 domestically in 2018 dollars.

BLACK PANTHER needs another $74,853,264 to truly match THE AVENGERS, and a wee bit more to overtake it.

Do you think BP has another (rounding up) $76 Million to firmly sit on the superhero movie throne?

I think it does.
    No. But the real measure is number of tickets sold. I wish we had that metric.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    No. But the real measure is number of tickets sold. I wish we had that metric.
    What good would that do?

I saw the movie for $4 opening day because I have a theater that has matinee showings for that much.

It wouldn't be Marvel's fault if Avengers didn't show at my theater but those whose lowest ticket price is $12.

Funny when those folks take issue with it-it only HELPS?

For all that black Johnny Storm hate-Jordan has done more than ALL the cast of that movie and now has what 5 movies planned this year and 2 hits since FF.

John Boyega has done more than Ms Rey and now got the top movie in America WITHOUT her.

Is this the first time we had two films with a black lead be number one and number two?

Never say "never," but BP has unquestionably set a high bar.
    And every troll and Shawn James will FIGHT to bring that bar down. Would not be shocked if tickets for Deadpool 2 (although I EXPECT it more with a Batman film) were bought and no one went.

And it wouldn't matter because the MESSAGE was sent and no matter what for time Black Panther set the bar.

A film certain folks did not want done.

A film with a guy with only 172 solo issues. Who took out Superman, Batman, WW, Aquaman & Hal Jordan.