Page 1 of 64 123451151 ... LastLast

Default AVENGERS #1 Announcement

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/...-next-relaunch

- by Jason Aaron and Ed McGuinness
    - Flagship title, only Avengers title moving forward
    - Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Black Panther, Ghost Rider, Captain Marvel, She-Hulk, Doctor Strange

I'm done. What a disappointment. No monthly book will feature Janet. Of course.

Does get points for She-Hulk being on the roster at least. The rest of the roster's alright. The big 3 of Cap/IM/Thor is a given, and Black Panther being on here will no doubt ride high on the success of the film. Carol is no surprise, and Ghost Rider and Doctor Strange seem like the odd ones out for me.

Looks like I will be reading the Avengers again
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Looks like I will be reading the Avengers again
    Me too.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I'm happy to see the Big3 together again. After that, the cast doesn't do much for me. The fact that this is the only Avengers title moving forward signifies a bit of streamlining to me.. which I think is good. ONE book though?

Incredible Member

Lineup looks pretty good, but why the hell do we have to have Avengers 1,000,000 included in the stories? Make a separate title for these losers if you have to, I'm really not interested.

Not even touching it with a ten feet pole.
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Flintstones & Future Quest.

I'm disappointed tbh. I don't see how having only one Avengers book can work. There's gonna be way too much characters in limbo thanks to that. I was hoping Wanda would be on something. She's a much better choice for a classic Avengers team than Strange or Ghost Rider or even She-Hulk. And the Avengers B.C... Couldn't care less about them. And the thought of them probably making someone Phoenix to match it's just ugh.

The one thing that makes me happy about this is that Carol is on it. But, following the pessimism, it's clear that Aaron is probably more interested in Thor, Ghost Rider, Strange and etc, she was probably put there by editorial.

Astonishing Member

Yes to the Big3. It's nice to see T'Challa and Robbie in this. I might actually buy this since I'm a fan of at least five of the eight characters.

Quote Originally Posted by CIA View Post
    Not touching it with a ten feet pole.
    Pretty much, I expected a big shake-up but this is a really disappointing news with just one title. Lotta big characters are missing (SW, Janet, etc...) so I wonder what if anything is going to be done with them.

I'll probably read this for Jennifer, but the lineup is not very interesting at all. Hope they announce another Avengers book.

So is every avenger that doesn't have a solo no longer has a book to appear in monthly now?

Why are we filling the roster with people that already have solo books, and appear in other places?

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I'm happy to see the Big3 together again. After that, the cast doesn't do much for me. The fact that this is the only Avengers title moving forward signifies a bit of streamlining to me.. which I think is good. ONE book though?
    It really does seem very drastic... I would think at least 2.

Extraordinary Member

Pretty disappointing lineup. I was hoping for the return of more of the "classic" B-list Avengers who formed the core of the book until 2005. Instead it's basically an all-star lineup, and I can never get excited about the Avengers when almost everyone on the team has their own book (which was also a problem with Waid's All-New, All-Different lineup).

I'm sure the classic B-listers will turn up somewhere, but it's a disappointment after "No Surrender" showed how much more fun the book is with mostly B- and C-listers.

Marvel often seems to think the exciting thing about the Avengers is seeing the "big three" (Cap, Thor and Iron Man) together again. To me the stars are usually the least interesting parts of the book.