Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Well that is some kind of logic. The books you personally like and forget the bottom line. That's a recipe for no books at all.
    It wouldn't be logical if I were an editor. I'm not. As a reader, like all readers, I prefer books I like to books I don't.

Marvel's bottom line is their concern. Their readers care about whether a book is worth their own money.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    It wouldn't be logical if I were an editor. I'm not. As a reader, like all readers, I prefer books I like to books I don't.

Marvel's bottom line is their concern. Their readers care about whether a book is worth their own money.
    I am a reader that is also quite invested in Marvel continuing to make enough money to stay in the business and help keep the industry afloat. I can live without three minor Avengers books I hardly ever bought. Very few did buy them. This isn't about Marvel guessing what is or isn't popular, clearly this is part of a strategy that is based on hard evidence. Evidence we don't get to see.

I am a reader that is also quite invested in Marvel continuing to make enough money to stay in the business and help keep the industry afloat. I can live without three minor Avengers books I hardly ever bought. Very few did buy them. This isn't about Marvel guessing what is or isn't popular, clearly this is part of a strategy that is based on hard evidence. Evidence we don't get to see.
    I think the continuing failure of every Avengers spin-off that isn't Uncanny Avengers as well as the lagging sales on the main book are evidence. Which is unfortunate because I loved all three of Ewing's Avengers titles (Mighty, New, and U.S.) and I feel like the current team was finally hitting their stride in No Surrender.

BANNED

What writers do you like? You seem to hate all the greatest most respected writers.
    YA was certainly not all about Wiccan, and what would be the problem with that anyway? Do you have a problem with Wiccan?

You are talking about a writer that is making more money on creative owned TPBs that almost anyone at Marvel.

Everyone and their mom suddenly became attached to Wiccan or suddenly looked up to him for insperation, I came to a YA book for a team not Wiccan featuring YA. If any other writer had done what Gillen had did they’d have thrown a fit for using his “pet” coughHICKMANcough character but Gillen is trendy and hip so he gets a pass, go figure and I say this as a former Wiccan fan who didn’t like that Gillen made him a insurrerable woe is me twat

I like quite a lot of writers like Hickman, Priest, Hudlin, Abnett, Aaron, Ewing, Remender and more. Making more money doesn’t make his work of more quality than those at Marvel as that’s like saying Liefeld will forever be one of the best because he also made more money on creator owned than at Marvel or DC and we both know half the internet would disagree with that

The FCBD special.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kind of surprised we're getting this now instead of, like, around when Age of Ultron premiered.

This way that whole synergy belief gets debunked

I've always felt when characters are appearing monthly in more then one title it hurts the storylines in any number of titles that they appear in.Writes have to work with others to use the same character and have their hands tied more so in terms of what they can do with them and not stepping on toes or plans that another writer has for that same character in another title.

I know it would never happen but really wish that characters could only appear in one ongoing title per month and then from time to time could appear in a guest staring role in another title when really need or for a big event.

With that said I would have went without the bigger names like Cap,Thor,Iron Man,Ms.Marvel,Black Panther...ect all of whom have their own on going series right now for the new Avengers team(again get why they went that route with them being bigger stars and draw and feature heavily in the movies) and instead would have went with a team with the likes of Hawkeye,Scarlet Witch,Wonder Man,Vision...ect more the secondary stars of the Avengers line.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    They didn't feel the need to try to cash in on Quicksilver because homeboy died in his very first movie appearance. That Marvel is very obviously not happy that Fox has access to him as well probably hurt his standing even more.

Amazing Member

That hammer doesn't look gold...

Is the drive to defend every step Marvel takes too strong that you must resort to lies? The satellite Avengers titles added sold a minimum of 50k units every month, a number of units that this title will prolly not absorb.

Also if Marvel have evidence on what characters are popular or not, why they are still pushing Carol like crazy when every book of her plunges into the cancellation zone while still in single digit issue numbers?
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Flintstones & Future Quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The FCBD special.

Pichelli on a book with no Bendis

It's been a while
    We need better comics

The FCBD special.

I like how Ghost Rider is just kinda waving hi.

Love the lineup! Might have to start reading The Avengers now!

Ironman, Captain America, Thor, Black Panthet and Captain Marvel were given, they're the A-list. The other 3 were surprises but, I'm not complaining!! Love me some Robbie and Jen!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Astonishing Member

I just can't bring myself to take this gold look for thor seriously

looks like he's had it gold plated to look all blinged up

I think the continuing failure of every Avengers spin-off that isn't Uncanny Avengers as well as the lagging sales on the main book are evidence. Which is unfortunate because I loved all three of Ewing's Avengers titles (Mighty, New, and U.S.) and I feel like the current team was finally hitting their stride in No Surrender.
    Agreed.

I was hoping that at least Ewing would still have his own Avengers book going off No Surrender, though maybe he'll still have a team book and it just won't be an Avengers title.

I am surprised they're not keeping the Unity Squad around in some form, though maybe they are and just not as an Avengers team.
    The FCBD special.

Marvel re-emphasizing the Avengers Trinity reminds me a lot of the Heroic Age promotion.

But dang it does it feel good to see Steve, Tony, and Thor back together .
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    There's way too much evidence to confirm Marvel's focus on synergy isn't a myth.
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Pichelli on a book with no Bendis

It's been a while
    I guess we can confirm she's sticking with a post-Bendis Marvel.
    Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I just can't bring myself to take this gold look for thor seriously

looks like he's had it gold plated to look all blinged up
    I really don't care for the beard and gold arm/hammer.

It also makes him stand out next to Cap and Iron Man since they all look normal and in their classic looks (or relatively, in Iron Man's case).