Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Has Dr. Strange ever met the Eternals prior to this?
    The Interloper, who was in the Defenders with Strange, is one, and he's met Sersi a few times.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

The more I read this run... the more bored I get. I just don't get a damn about this cosmic stuff. It's so dry and forgettable. None of the characters are doing it for me in the slightest, so I'm not even attached on a human level.

Also, this She-Hulk stuff is beyond cringy. Just stop it.

Avengers #4 Parody.jpg
    Last edited by InformationGeek; 07-04-2018 at 08:05 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    This whole "everything you thought you knew is a lie!" business is really old. Aaron is being lazy. Instead of working within the confines of known continuity, he's just telling whatever story he wants to. I'm still a bit interested, so will at least read through the origin stories of the prehistoric Avengers. After that, I'm probably out.
    I do feel he has a tendency to use a rewrite of known mythos to tell whatever story he likes

but marvel has long given up on any real continuity so it's just him fitting in I feel

Cheap thrills imo
    Last edited by kilderkin; 07-04-2018 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Sure there is a reason. The Eternals have been mostly absent from comics for quite a while, at least in anything I have read recently. So the exposition is necessary. This can be a particularly tricky thing when it comes to continuity, where theoretically everyone knows a little about everything. Sometimes the writers need to fudge things.
    Except i thought the eternals were supposed to be getting a big comeback push soon. Or maybe marvel just decided to cut their losses after the inhumans debacle.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Except i thought the eternals were supposed to be getting a big comeback push soon. Or maybe marvel just decided to cut their losses after the inhumans debacle.
    or everything that happened will be reversed at the end of the story?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Holy crap,
    spoilers:
    They killed the Eternals!
    end of spoilers

And they didn't even get a "Death of" miniseries to do it in. Don't they know they have a movie coming out?

Everything is mystery box so far. I'm curious what the retcon of the Celestials will be. My guess is they Celestials didn't create the Eternals, Deviants, and mutants intentionally.

The bugs could be interesting. I'm wondering if the Dark Celestials are infected with them. That's my best guess so far, but just a guess.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

On the plus side

Art was nice
    Liked T'challas serious response to carols joke
    liked caps resilience
    nice to see olympia again

On the other hand

Gotta say it felt very bitty flicking between the scenes
    Really not interested in another revision of celestials and human history, especially if what Loki said is true
    no interest in a 1000000bc chapter I think issue 5 is iirc
    Not interested in this version of She-Hulk at all
    Dr strange seems very dim regarding the eternals given he's the master mage and has known some

Not enough robbie

It's really starting to feel stretched for me, last 2 issues really only needed 1 to tell what it did

Getting board with this product from Aaron already

The swarm remind me of the gah lac tus from ultimate universe

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Holy crap,
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers

And they didn't even get a "Death of" miniseries to do it in. Don't they know they have a movie coming out?

Everything is mystery box so far. I'm curious what the retcon of the Celestials will be. My guess is they Celestials didn't create the Eternals, Deviants, and mutants intentionally.

The bugs could be interesting. I'm wondering if the Dark Celestials are infected with them. That's my best guess so far, but just a guess.
    With a name like Eternals they will probably be back.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Holy crap,
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers

I got to say that was a needless death, what ever retconing Aaron is doing seems like its goal is only shock value. Also did he forget that she hulk was back to normal or did we want banner and decided to turn her in to him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I got to say that was a needless death, what ever retconing Aaron is doing seems like its goal is only shock value. Also did he forget that she hulk was back to normal or did we want banner and decided to turn her in to him.
    Carol asks something to that effect last issue iirc

So it's at least touched upon in story

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I think it's very clear there's a story reason for the way she's acting. After all, she isn't even gray, so it's not the same as before.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    It's likely a setup for a big return push when the movie starts being pushed big

Just read Avengers 4 won't spoil it.

Things I liked: Captain America, Black Panther, Ghost Rider, Iron Man, Captain Marvel and even Dr Strange felt like they were in character this issue.

Things I didn't like: Thor still comes off as a Hercules wannabe, and then there is Aaron's Odin. Also Thor gets cold. Yeah Thor, the guy who knows all about the Casket Of Ancient Winters gets bothered by the cold....sigh. Oh, and everything we know is wrong! Jason Aaron is shaping up to be quite the dollar store Bendis.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Just read Avengers 4 won't spoil it.

Things I liked: Captain America, Black Panther, Ghost Rider, Iron Man, Captain Marvel and even Dr Strange felt like they were in character this issue.

Things I didn't like: Thor still comes off as a Hercules wannabe, and then there is Aaron's Odin. Also Thor gets cold. Yeah Thor, the guy who knows all about the Casket Of Ancient Winters gets bothered by the cold....sigh. Oh, and everything we know is wrong! Jason Aaron is shaping up to be quite the dollar store Bendis.
    Dollar Store Bendis....love it! And something I wouldn't ever hope to be! Lol

I’ve been wondering this since I started reading fresh start, but why is She Hulk like a normal Hulk now instead of how she used to be/look?