Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Yes.

I'm coming back to Avengers now.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2018/02/2...-next-relaunch

For continuity hounds, Carol and Tony won't be seeing eye to eye on the team following their tussle in CW II
    Which is odd because in publishing history when 2 leader types like this are still at odds that equals spin-off book.

Maybe we get a Defenders title? Perhaps Force Works comes backs? Maybe even West Coast Avengers.
    I don't see it as a mix for the label Ultimates to return as a title. That title to me says, rough around the edges, skirting what is acceptable.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I like the line-up. I was hoping to see Vision & Scarlet Witch on the team. I loved the big roster from the 1970s.

I hope Falcon, Hawkeye, Vision/Scarlet Witch, and Black Widow show up during a roster change which we may have again with only one Avengers' title (at the moment).
    not happy no sam on the team, always a welcome character for me

Defenders is probably gonna stay with the Netflix team... But yeah I hope there are a bunch of other teams using other names.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Very nice roster, but Aaron's writing doesn't do it for me. I'll pass on this one.

I am no fan of what ja has done with thor and his mythos, I'll give it a tentative try

But I have no love for carol anymore, rider just doesn't sit on the team for me and I don't feel strange suits a team book like avengers, nice to see jen, missing sam, would have liked spectrum and adam

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    I had hoped to see Herc retain his place on the Avengers roster, but I guess with Thor back on the team, there's only so much room for buff demigods. Hopefully there's another team Herc can join.
    I am gutted he's gone, has been a highlight for me with his interplay with jane

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Aaron + She-Hulk = SOLD

Why? He doesn't seem to get or understand She-Hulk. His brief work with her on Thor showed that (or that he doesn't respect Tamaki's work) and the quote from the article seems to imply he doesn't even get that she's different from Bruce.

I love She-Hulk, but I got a bad feeling that Aaron is going to write Jen really, really badly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Defenders is probably gonna stay with the Netflix team... But yeah I hope there are a bunch of other teams using other names.
    Isn't it cancelled? The book I mean

It is. The current team won't be continuing after Bendis is gone. There's one issue left, out tomorrow.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Isn't it cancelled? The book I mean
    Even if the book is cancelled I'll wager because of the TV show the NetFlicks crew keeps the name.

They can always use Ultimatrs if they need a spin off name.

I know it's cancelled. I just think they're probaboly gonna relaunch it, with the same premise but a new creative team.

Dont know why Reyes Rider is there, supernatural and strength are already covered.

Still not of any interest to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I know it's cancelled. I just think they're probaboly gonna relaunch it, with the same premise but a new creative team.
    Yeah, I doubt they'd be in the promo art if there wasn't a plan for a new team on that book.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I was fine with it until I heard it's going to be the ONLY Avengers title. It's a decision that limits the variety of titles and characters that can be used, and I do not like that at all. The fact that the ONLY Avengers title we'll have for now is mostly characters who already have their own book is just a huge turn off for me. The SINGLE rotating spot on the roster feels like a cruel joke. Like, ''hey, we're taking most characters off the board, but don't worry, every 6 months, YOUR favorite character MIGHT get a chance to get ONE spot on the main roster temporarily''. Just... ugh. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised, as I was just saying in the Young Avengers thread how I think editorial does a terrible job when it comes to managing anyone who's not an A-lister or a pet character. It clearly shows.

Speaking of Young Avengers, after these disappointing Avengers news, I'm already emotionally preparing myself for another year of limbo for most of my favorite characters. Runaways is what's getting me through right now, but it might not make it to the end of the year.

Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-20-2018 at 01:48 PM.