Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

This is the first time inmy life that I wish for the failure of a comic book. So sad Marvel, so sad.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    That's what we were talking about, yeah. You would THINK there'd be at least 2 books
    Yeah, I mean if they did the same thing about the X-Men people would think they were crazy. But then maybe it's hard to sell a secondary Avengers book? New Avengers as a concept has been all over the place and Secret Avengers has sometimes been considered a bit too niche. Mighty Avengers was existing at a time the main Avengers books were different to normal and giving a more classic vibe, which I assume this book will... We'll have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by baltiroo View Post
    Super underwhelming. This line up seems to only exist to match up to the Avengers BC (for the most part) which is a somewhat interesting idea, but I don't really care much about them. And when the majority of the team have their own solo titles you can guarantee that there will be little to no character development for them.
    Maybe the book will alternate issue to issue between the new team and the BC team, same as Rebirth's Wonder Woman did for a while?

Isn't there going to be a West Coast Avengers?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Maybe the book will alternate issue to issue between the new team and the BC team, same as Rebirth's Wonder Woman did for a while?
    The more reasons to avoid the book. Avengers BC were really boring as hell.

Selling two Avengers book with classic/recognizable characters can't be hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Indeed. It's a retarted idea to reduce the Avengers books to only one.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Glad to see Robbie is getting in on the action but I think I’m gonna wait for more information on this title before I decide to get excited about it.
    Right i gotta know which Panther Aaron is going to write. The See Wakanda and die, or the Panther getting beat by his ex-wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think they missed a trick not having a second team of combined classic and new Avengers with Black Panther or Captain Marvel leading a team, rather than being part of one.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by baltiroo View Post
    Super underwhelming. This line up seems to only exist to match up to the Avengers BC (for the most part) which is a somewhat interesting idea, but I don't really care much about them. And when the majority of the team have their own solo titles you can guarantee that there will be little to no character development for them.
    No Phoenix, star brand and iron fist on the new team yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Indeed. It's a retarted idea to reduce the Avengers books to only one.
    I'm betting that while this will be the only Avengers comic, there will be other comics with Avenger line-ups but the title wouldn't have Avengers in the name. For example instead of Uncanny Avengers they could call it Uncanny Unity Squad or something, or create a new Ultimates

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    No Phoenix on the new team yet.
    And hopefully it stays like that. It's not fair that they find a thousand reasons as to why Jean can't be Phoenix but it's ok when it's an Avenger.

I love that Jen is going to be an Avenger again, and I love the creative team. However, I am not a fan of the fact that it is going to be continuing the Avengers 1,000,000 BC plotline and that this is going to be another #1 issue.

“You’ll see us playing with her powers a little bit, trying to differentiate her more from the Banner Hulk, and make her a more unique interesting version of the Hulk in her own right,”
    This quote about Jennifer worries me as it makes me question if Aaron understands the character. Jennifer doesn't need to be differentiated more from Bruce as her personality is enough to show that she is her own character and she especially doesn't need to be changed to make her more unique or interesting.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Big 3 plus Black Panther.

That's freaking awesome.

Spectacular Member

Not too sure about the lineup.....

The big three are fine by me... will be glad to see Thor wielding his hammer, Tony back in his armor and Rogers carrying the shield once more TBH.
    Captain marvel... Great choice (and obviously added because of her upcoming movie)
    Black Panther... Always an excellent addition.
    She Hulk... Like the character but she doesn't really add anything to the roster.
    Doctor Strange... Does NOT belong on a team.
    Ghost Rider... Even more out of place on a team than Doctor Strange, plus didn't he just kill Starbrand (an Avenger) seems an odd thing to overlook.

I would have preferred to see Blue Marvel (best under used character marvel owns imo) in She Hulk's spot, Rogue (for some reason I really like her as an Avenger) instead of Doctor Strange and Monica (Pulsar or whatever name they're giving her this month) instead of GR.

Hoping (probably in vain) that they don't let the expanded Avengers cast go unused.