Page 45 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    if you need a car to make you distinct from the rest, then you're doing something wrong imo
    Comics is a very visual medium. Just seeing that he's got a car rather than a motor cycle immediately sets him apart right out of the gate. There are other differences of course which you can discover as you get to know the character, but this leaves an immediate first impression.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Comics is a very visual medium. Just seeing that he's got a car rather than a motor cycle immediately sets him apart right out of the gate. There are other differences of course which you can discover as you get to know the character, but this leaves an immediate first impression.
    agreed that it leave an impression

agreed that it leave an impression
    Ghost Riders apparently ride all sorts of things. We know ones in the past rode horses and prehistoric animals. The picture below shows one with a semi truck in the background, along with a couple exotic looking animals. A car seems pretty believable. Point being it doesn't HAVE to be a bike. It can... but there are clearly several options.

ghostiders.jpg

Ghost Riders apparently ride all sorts of things. We know ones in the past rode horses and prehistoric animals. The picture below shows one with a semi truck in the background, along with a couple exotic looking animals. A car seems pretty believable. Point being it doesn't HAVE to be a bike. It can... but there are clearly several options.

ghostiders.jpg
    meh - seems like a lot of work to justify some rando car. if you like it, that's fine. still don't see the appeal tbh

meh - seems like a lot of work to justify some rando car. if you like it, that's fine. still don't see the appeal tbh
    I don't think it's a whole lot of work to justify. How hard is it to imagine a guy becoming a host of a ghost rider who happens to drive a car rather than a motor cycle? If anything I think the surprising thing is that most Ghost Riders don't have cars instead of motor cycles.

I don't think it's a whole lot of work to justify. How hard is it to imagine a guy becoming a host of a ghost rider who happens to drive a car rather than a motor cycle? If anything I think the surprising thing is that most Ghost Riders don't have cars instead of motor cycles.
    which is clearly a retcon.

i don't think it's hard to imagine a guy who drives a car becoming ghost rider at all. just the opposite. rather mundane if i'm being completely honest.

which is clearly a retcon.

i don't think it's hard to imagine a guy who drives a car becoming ghost rider at all. just the opposite. rather mundane if i'm being completely honest.
    Which is exactly why it's not a lot of work to justify.

Which is exactly why it's not a lot of work to justify.
    when you have to build up an entire after-the-fact mythos to justify some rando car, then yes it absolutely is. that's work put in, for a (debatable) ho-hum payoff

it's all so unnecessary (and unimpressive).

when you have to build up an entire after-the-fact mythos to justify some rando car, then yes it absolutely is. that's work put in, for a (debatable) ho-hum payoff

Given your avatar you should be aware that after-the-fact mythos is the bread and butter of superhero comic book . But perhaps your reaction is justified by you KNOWING well about the fact.

Ghost Rider driving a car fits with the mythos of them riding things other than motor cycles, but he's not the cause of it. That came about long before Reyes was created. Ghost Riders pre-date motor cycles.

So again, not a whole lot of work. Given that history has already established that there are Ghost Riders to didn't ride motor cycles, it was a simple enough matter to decide that Reyes was one of them. Again, deciding that a given host didn't happen to ride a motor cycle really isn't all that hard.

I will happy as long as original numbering stays.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

I'll pop in for the Agamotto one shot issue. Otherwise, I'll wait until the digital versions are on sale.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Preview for Avengers #1.
    https://www.cbr.com/the-avengers-1-2/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Preview for Avengers #1.
    https://www.cbr.com/the-avengers-1-2/
    Isn't Tony an alcoholic?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Isn't Tony an alcoholic?
    Tony had the Shirely Temple, a nonalcoholic drink.