Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

So Jean is no longer Phoenix coz Aaron wants to give the phoenix to an avenger?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post

Why are we filling the roster with people that already have solo books, and appear in other places?
    It's rather easy.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Isn't there going to be a West Coast Avengers?
    GOD I wish we could get that!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Selling two Avengers book with classic/recognizable characters can't be hard.
    It shouldn't be hard, but apparently it is.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    No Phoenix, star brand and iron fist on the new team yet.
    Yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    And hopefully it stays like that. It's not fair that they find a thousand reasons as to why Jean can't be Phoenix but it's ok when it's an Avenger.
    THIS!! I hate when they steal something from one franchise to prop up another. It's lame. Succeed or fail on your own. Don't convolute or water down a concept to fit another misfire.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    So Jean is no longer Phoenix coz Aaron wants to give the phoenix to an avenger?
    Black Panther as the Phoenix. Calling it now.

The fact that this is the only Avengers title seems weird to me. It ends up raising the question of what was the point of bringing back Lightning in No Surrender and Beast and Wonder Man so late into Uncanny Avengers when none of them would have any role in the Avengers moving forward. I also liked the dynamic that there was with multiple Avengers titles, each handling their own specialty and coming together when there was a big enough emergency.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    The fact that this is the only Avengers title seems weird to me. It ends up raising the question of what was the point of bringing back Lightning in No Surrender and Beast and Wonder Man so late into Uncanny Avengers when none of them would have any role in the Avengers moving forward. I also liked the dynamic that there was with multiple Avengers titles, each handling their own specialty and coming together when there was a big enough emergency.
    I am pretty sure that Marvel had lots of plans with Marvel Legacy which were immediately undone when CB took over so it's likely because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I doubt it will be the only Avengers title indefinitely. Having multiple Avengers title is pretty much the norm.

I really really hope they don't drastically cut down the X-men line like they are for Avengers. There are already so many X-characters in limbo...

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I am pretty sure that Marvel had lots of plans with Marvel Legacy which were immediately undone when CB took over so it's likely because of that.
    Now I'm starting to hate Cebulski.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Marvel often seems to think the exciting thing about the Avengers is seeing the "big three" (Cap, Thor and Iron Man) together again. To me the stars are usually the least interesting parts of the book.
    Completely agree. I'm not sure when the idea of The Big Three came about, but the three of them together was never really that important an idea to the Avengers. They had their own books, and that was where the important stuff was done with them. The Avengers was always about the characters that didn't have their own books, Hank Pym, Wasp, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Wonder Man... They are the heart of the Avengers, they are what made the book great. But TPTB at Marvel decided at some point that the Big Three were the important ones and the book has suffered for it IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I'm betting that while this will be the only Avengers comic, there will be other comics with Avenger line-ups but the title wouldn't have Avengers in the name. For example instead of Uncanny Avengers they could call it Uncanny Unity Squad or something, or create a new Ultimates
    That's what I'm thinking too. I can see the Unity Squad sticking around, with basically the same lineup, and hopefully written by Zub (he gets the characters better than any of the "big name writers" Marvel has had over the last 15 years). I just don't know what to call the book if it doesn't have Avengers in the title. Using Unity Squad would sound dumb and I think hurt sales. Ultimates is something else entirely, but maybe that would work. Defenders is a possibility, but I think that book is continuing past Bendis (though I could be wrong). Or maybe they will launch it as a second Avengers title a few months later.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Black Panther as the Phoenix. Calling it now.
    How about Spidey as the Phoenix?

Extraordinary Member

I like the line-up. I was hoping to see Vision & Scarlet Witch on the team. I loved the big roster from the 1970s.

I hope Falcon, Hawkeye, Vision/Scarlet Witch, and Black Widow show up during a roster change which we may have again with only one Avengers' title (at the moment).

I always thought the Avengers and X-Men had too many books which led to diluting the brand, so I welcome less books. But only one may be a bit too drastic, I was thinking having 2 or 3.

It will be likely that missing characters will be in team books that are essentially the Avengers, but not called it. It would be a waste to lose so many characters that are in No Surrender.
    Last edited by Crimz; 02-20-2018 at 10:41 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member

I'm all for this if they can commit.

We don't need more than one Avengers title. One doesn't even sell enough. Keep it at one, make this story matter.

Not every character needs a book, and they definitely do not all need to be Avengers. If all the Marvel books are selling enough for demand, come up with something else with unused characters if they fit the pitch for the new book with a different team name and purpose.

I just hope this has a consistent art team.

I successfully predicted five of the members
    1. Captain America
    2. Thor
    3. Iron Man
    4. Black Panther
    5. Captain Marvel
    The first three are the traditional Big 3, while the other two were the ones I was reading Ultimates for.
    I wanted Scarlet Witch and Vision on the team. I am disappointed that they didn't make it. I hope they get rotated in when Doctor Strange gets rotated out.
    I like seeing She-Hulk as a member of the team. She hasn't been part of the main Avengers team since Disassembled.
    Ghost Rider is a disappointing addition. I guess he is there just for Hispanic representation. I am not a fan of him.