Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/...-next-relaunch

- by Jason Aaron and Ed McGuinness
    - Flagship title, only Avengers title moving forward
    - Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Black Panther, Ghost Rider, Captain Marvel, She-Hulk, Doctor Strange
    Love it!! Just the news I was looking for.

While any Avengers fan can nitpick any roster, I really like this line-up.

As a fan, I like having the core trinity with some interesting side choices to fill it out. And it's not such a big group that it's going to be unwieldy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    The fact that this is the only Avengers title seems weird to me. It ends up raising the question of what was the point of bringing back Lightning in No Surrender and Beast and Wonder Man so late into Uncanny Avengers when none of them would have any role in the Avengers moving forward. I also liked the dynamic that there was with multiple Avengers titles, each handling their own specialty and coming together when there was a big enough emergency.
    People complained that there were too many Avengers book and it diluted the franchise.

Marvel goes down to one title, which is what most fans seem to have wanted them to do, and some fans want to complain about that.

You really can't please everyone.

And as for characters playing a part in the Avengers post-No Surrender, given the vast number of characters who have been Avengers, there's no way for all of them to play a prominent part unless you have four or five different Avengers books out there every month.

I think the Avengers brand has been too watered down by having too many teams and too many titles. Even when those books were good as individual titles, it spread the franchise too thin. I miss the days when there was just one Avengers book and I think it's time to get back to that.

Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar

Personally, I'm quite excited to just have one title to follow. Makes it easier to jump in rather than having to decide between 5 different books. The roster looks fun and the rotating spot leaves a lot of possibility.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    People complained that there were too many Avengers book and it diluted the franchise.

Marvel goes down to one title, which is what most fans seem to have wanted them to do, and some fans want to complain about that.

You really can't please everyone.

And as for characters playing a part in the Avengers post-No Surrender, given the vast number of characters who have been Avengers, there's no way for all of them to play a prominent part unless you have four or five different Avengers books out there every month.

I think the Avengers brand has been too watered down by having too many teams and too many titles. Even when those books were good as individual titles, it spread the franchise too thin. I miss the days when there was just one Avengers book and I think it's time to get back to that.
    So how long until civil war3?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Aaron + She-Hulk = SOLD

For me, Aaron + Black Panther = SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    So how long until civil war3?
    If it means the cancellation of this Avengers book, then count me in for Civil War 3.

No one wanted one title, what are you talking about, everyone was screaming for a west coast revival.

The roster isn't bad but it's not good either. 2 women is not good. Janet and Wanda should not be missing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    At least Spidey won't be the court jester this time
    I'm very pumped to see Spidey off the Avengers. Never cared for him on the team. Or Wolverine, for that matter, so to not see either on board is a huge win for me.

I'm very pumped to see Spidey off the Avengers. Never cared for him on the team. Or Wolverine, for that matter, so to not see either on board is a huge win for me.
    It's the only good thing of this Avengers book. No Spidey nor Wolverine. The rest extremely dissapointing.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    No one wanted one title, what are you talking about, everyone was screaming for a west coast revival.

The roster isn't bad but it's not good either. 2 women is not good. Janet and Wanda should not be missing.
    With Vision and Wanda front and center in Infinity War I'm surprised they aren't pushing them more, unless Marvel plans to give them their own title?

BANNED

Big Ed on the art makes this a huge deal for me.

Finally Marvel is catching up with DC, this should have been the legacy not that crap panic rush job last year.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post

A lot of people wanted one title. Or just two, at best. The only reason I didn't think they'd go back to just one is that I didn't think they could resist, sales wise, having two titles.

I'm pleasantly surprised that they pared it down to one book.

And I don't think "everyone" was screaming for a WCA revival. I really love WCA but I think it's best left in the '80s.

I'd like to see Janet on the team but I imagine that she'll be seen elsewhere. With Ant-Man & The Wasp opening in July, there's no way they're not going to spotlight her somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Black Panther as the Phoenix. Calling it now.
    Ha! Not on a world where Quentin Quire is a thing. Aaron really seems to like the character, he was a huge part of his Wolverine and X-Men run and just a few months ago he was in the Mighty Thor getting the Phoenix.

A lot of people wanted one title. Or just two, at best. The only reason I didn't think they'd go back to just one is that I didn't think they could resist, sales wise, having two titles.

I'm pleasantly surprised that they pared it down to one book.

And I don't think "everyone" was screaming for a WCA revival. I really love WCA but I think it's best left in the '80s.

I'd like to see Janet on the team but I imagine that she'll be seen elsewhere. With Ant-Man & The Wasp opening in July, there's no way they're not going to spotlight her somehow.
    Unfortunately Ant-Man and the Wasp book announcement is coming soon with Nadia and Scott as leads.

That's why it was so important for Janet to be in this. She won't have a single book to appear in for a long time now, until Marvel decides they want to make a second team, and even then it's not certain.

If Carol or T'Challa or Stephen weren't in this, it wouldn't have been a big deal for them. It is for Janet.

I don't mind the line-up (even though I could care less about Danvers and T'challa, but I hate the idea of Aaron on the Avengers flagship book and I hate that there's only the one book.
    #EmmaWasRight