Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    The more things change...

Attachment 62394

And I'm sure in 10-20 years, we'll see the next generation come in and be portrayed as the ones who will eventually take over for the League as well.
    Yep but till that next gen arrives Damian and Jon are the successors.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Johns “Watchmen and Friends” is needlessly holding JSA and probably Legion hostage.
    Isn’t the same thing he has done with Shazam? I don’t expect JSA or Legion anytime in 2018 or 2019 and maybe 2020 considering how they have been treated since New 52.

Someone mentioned earlier that Aquaman should be renamed a Aquaman & Corum Rath Title and it is so true, 12 issues of Aquaman + Annual, 4 Issues Of Mera and he is still going strong.
    Last edited by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy; 02-22-2018 at 05:17 AM.

Light month: DC Nation #0
    The Terrifics
    Doomsday Clock is a maybe
    No Justice 1-4
    Hard-Travelling Heroes DHC is a maybe, as I've already got this in a few other formats. Don't know if I really need this one too.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I sincerely hope that DC isn't about to repackage Supersons as Teen Titans or something stupid. Supersons is performing much better than Teen Titans so of course the smart move is to end it an repackage as something inferior.

They couldn't just leave it as it was. Shame that title is one of the best DC has to offer and my kids love it.
    they say more kids need to read comics. I manage to get my kids interested and invested and DC cancels the one book. Fantastic
    Super Sons was one of the few books that kids and adults both seemed to really enjoy. I see a wide range of ages buying it. DC needs more books like that, not fewer. I'm almost certain that they will be in a book of some kind, but letting Super Sons continue makes more sense to me.

Fantastic Member

Looks like the Supersons will be appearing in a book with Dyno-Mutt and Blue Falcon
    https://twitter.com/PeterJTomasi/sta...98512523169793

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    They might as well call Aquaman's title Aquaman and Rath now... Cover looks interesting I guess it has that going for it.
    I've been enjoying the King Rath stuff quite a bit, but yeah he's getting a little overblown.

Rath turning into a tentacle monster seems fun, though! Down with the tyrant king!

Fantastic Member

My list for May is the smallest it's been in quite some time...lots of books on my pull getting canceled or put on hiatus.

I'm not looking forward to the pending relaunch of everything, and I don't think there's any way that's not what's about to happen. I've enjoyed Rebirth in both creative and business senses. The listing of 1:100, 1:250, and 1:500 variants for the DC Nation book, as well as the preemptive warning that later printings will see the cover price raised (probably up to normal prices rather than a quarter) tells me consumer-unfriendly business practices may be about to return. I am skeptical on much of what I've seen so far about what's coming creatively as well.

I know there's a lot of people on the forum who don't like this or that, but overall, DC's built up a lot of goodwill with the whole Rebirth effort, and this looks like they're about to blow it all up again. And in typical fashion, it would happen right as it seems Marvel is righting the ship a bit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
    but overall, DC's built up a lot of goodwill with the whole Rebirth effort, and this looks like they're about to blow it all up again. And in typical fashion, it would happen right as it seems Marvel is righting the ship a bit.
    Or in my case, DC's just continuing on the downward trend its been on since mid-2017 as it inches closesr and closer towards Nu52 levels of crap, while Marvel is seemingly going to be destroying everything that's made me finally care about them.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
    My list for May is the smallest it's been in quite some time...lots of books on my pull getting canceled or put on hiatus.

I'm not looking forward to the pending relaunch of everything, and I don't think there's any way that's not what's about to happen. I've enjoyed Rebirth in both creative and business senses. The listing of 1:100, 1:250, and 1:500 variants for the DC Nation book, as well as the preemptive warning that later printings will see the cover price raised (probably up to normal prices rather than a quarter) tells me consumer-unfriendly business practices may be about to return. I am skeptical on much of what I've seen so far about what's coming creatively as well.

I know there's a lot of people on the forum who don't like this or that, but overall, DC's built up a lot of goodwill with the whole Rebirth effort, and this looks like they're about to blow it all up again. And in typical fashion, it would happen right as it seems Marvel is righting the ship a bit.
    Or in my case, DC is making some much needed changes and adjustments and I’m very excited to see what the future holds.

And DC Nation will still be free digital.

Extraordinary Member

Have to admit I'm not giving the solicits as much examination as I used to. The only thing I am changing is dropping Harley Quinn, or at least not pulling this 2-part Joker story.

I am still pulling Scooby-Doo Apocalypse and Doomsday Clock.

Also just pulling everything in this Dark Universe/New Age Heroes/Whatever Brand line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    I'm cutting back on ongoings and trade-waiting more (and even cutting back on trades), so this is is a lot less ongoings than I used to get.
    I'm trying to get into the habit of trade-waiting. It is a tough balance because I like single issues but there are a lot of reasons that trades make more sense. Some of these runs wrapping up might get me to finally jump on the trades and read them.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Between most of the bimonthly titles going monthly and Doomsday Clock going every other month, it feels like the Rebirth shine has gone. We're nearly two years in with very little progress to show for it
    Progress? Rebirth was just a change that happened right away. Unless you are talking about the "who meddled with the timeline during the end of Flashpoint" mystery, but that was never what Rebirth was really about. But, yes, I can see for anyone who was focused on that how it never became the big story.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'm really excited Justice League No Justice. First time in a good while I've been excited about reading JL stuff again.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Spectacular Member

Ok, can someone tell me what is being cancelled, put on hiatus? I've seen several sites saying different things. And are the bi-monthly titles all going monthly?

This is what I've seen: JL, JLA, Titans, Teen Titans, Supergirl, Super Sons are cancelled, correct?

Are the bi monthly books that go monthly again going back to $4 again?

Sorry for the confusion and questions, I've been away for a while, RL health problems stink.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ComicFan70 View Post
    Ok, can someone tell me what is being cancelled, put on hiatus? I've seen several sites saying different things. And are the bi-monthly titles all going monthly?

This is what I've seen: JL, JLA, Titans, Teen Titans, Supergirl, Super Sons are cancelled, correct?

Are the bi monthly books that go monthly again going back to $4 again?

Sorry for the confusion and questions, I've been away for a while, RL health problems stink.
    Supergirl, Super Sons and JLA are all cancelled, yes, along with Batgirl and the Birds of Prey. The status of JL, Titans and Teen Titans is up in the air right now and far as we know the few books that are still bi-monthly will remain bi-monthly.

Spectacular Member

Will the "new" monthly titles go back up to $4.00?