Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default DC Solicitations for May 2018

hmmn looks like Harley Quinn is getting relaunched and Joker loves Harley is just a 2 issue mini such a waste might as well make it a GN with all the backups added

BANNED

PULLING:

New Super-Man and the Justice League of China (Still a great time to pick up this masterpiece, people! The most recent issue was a jumping on point!)
    The Flash (Flash War should be interesting)
    Detective Comics (Awesome to see Cass and Steph having a major role here...but this is also the end of the road for Tynion it seems.)
    The Wildstorm: Michael Cray (Did they just get Bryan Hitch mixed up with Bryan Hill?)
    Green Lanterns Annual (Jess and Simon content that isn't written by Seeley or Priest? I'm in.)
    Maybe Red Hood and the Outlaws

Sadly no Doom Patrol this month and it seems Titans is ending (also Teen Titans and Supergirl?). This could end up being my last month buying DC books for awhile. We'll see.
    Last edited by Assam; 02-20-2018 at 07:32 PM.

Hmmm, Tynion seemingly ending his Detective run and the Titan books being gone adds some evidence to:
    A. There being a new teen book coming out if NO JUSTICE and
    B. Tynion being involved in on of the four new books from that event. I'm hoping it's a Magi book. He was good with Zatana.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    PULLING:

New Super-Man and the Justice League of China (Still a great time to pick up this masterpiece, people! The most recent issue was a jumping on point!)
    The Flash (Flash War should be interesting)
    Detective Comics (Awesome to see Cass and Steph having a major role here...but this is also the end of the road for Tynion it seems.)
    The Wildstorm: Michael Cray (Did they just get Bryan Hitch mixed up with Bryan Hill?)
    Green Lanterns Annual (Jess and Simon content that isn't written by Seeley or Priest? I'm in.)

Sadly no Doom Patrol this month and it seems Titans is ending (also Teen Titans and Supergirl?). This could end up being my last month buying DC books for awhile. We'll see.
    I know you're a fan of Jurgens Titans and I don't know if you care about Sideways but Hotspot was mentioned in his solicit.

Batman 46 & 47
    Damage 5
    Red Hood and the Outlaws 22
    Sideways 4 = glad to see Rockafort is staying on after issue 3.
    Silencer 5
    Super Sons 16

Skipping the Superman one shot. Waiting to see the first solicits for Bendis Superman to decide if continuing that title.
    Last edited by chachi; 02-22-2018 at 05:10 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I know you're a fan of Jurgens Titans and I don't know if you care about Sideways but Hotspot was mentioned in his solicit.
    Thanks for the tip. I'm still not gonna read this because of who its writer is, but I will definitely keep an eye out to see if they're really bringing Isaiah back.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Interesting month.

I'm getting.

Superman Special - Although I'm VERY nervous about Bendis I wasn't a big fan of Tomasi's run so hopefully this opens the door for something great for the man of steel.

Action Comics Special - On the opposite end Jurgens on AC was one of my favorite series so I'm sad to see this go but hopefully he'll go out on a high note.

Batman - Don't usually pick this up but the story with Booster and Joker sounds cool so I'll probably check it out. Plus Daniels on art.

Detective Comics - definitely sound like Tynion's run is coming to an end and that cover is a final issue cover. Too bad. I just started to really like this book. Excited to see how he wraps it up and where the Gotham Knights go from here.

Nightwing - Well looks like a new writer and looks like this is going monthly now. Frankly I'm not surprised. This series has been awful. And I'm a Nightwing fan.

Red Hood - This series is pretty good but they STILL haven't resolved this Bizarro thing?

Wonder Woman - I thought this would go through a shake up but I guess not yet. Story sounds interesting and Segovia on art is good.

Hal Jordan - Another series I thought would go through a shake up. Darkstar story continuing. Looks like a new artist. Brad Paterson?

Flash - Kick off of Flash War. Let's do this!!! cautiously optimistic.

Other series I'm probably picking up.
    Mera
    The Terrifics
    Justice League No Justice
    Bane
    Brave and the Bold

Obviously no Titans. Hopefully it will get an upgrade post No Justice.
    Also the cover and solicit of Super Sons sounds and looks like a final issue.

EDIT: Almost forgot the best one.
    Wonder Woman Annual - Star Saphipres. With Diana.
    YEA BOI!!! Hopefully Carol is in here as well.
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 02-20-2018 at 04:26 PM.

Nightwing sells better than Suicide Squad, yet it's going monthly, while SS is still twice a month.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Batman and Flash look solid as always. I will keep tabs on them, but will probably continue to trade wait.

Bummed there is no Doom Patrol or Supergirl (I imagine it's been canceled?). I may also have to start grabbing Hellblazer. Seeley plus supernatural horror is always great, and he's hinted that he will be channeling Morrison on his Twitter, so that's always good.

Everything else is meh. I really want Robinson to leave WW, and it continues to be abundantly clear that DC doesn't care about Nightwing.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

sideways #4
    aquaman #36
    mera, queen of atlantis #4
    mister miracle #9
    eternity girl #3
    shade, the changing woman #3

Lots of good stuff this month!

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Batman and Flash look solid as always. I will keep tabs on them, but will probably continue to trade wait.

Bummed there is no Doom Patrol or Supergirl (I imagine it's been canceled?).
    I may also have to start grabbing Hellblazer. Seeley plus supernatural horror is always great, and he's hinted that he will be channeling Morrison on his Twitter, so that's always good.

Everything else is meh. I really want Robinson to leave WW, and it continues to be abundantly clear that DC doesn't care about Nightwing.
    I missed that. So how many is that?
    Birds of Prey, Super Sons and Supergirl cancelled. And Nightwing going monthly.

No big losses IMO.

Fantastic Member

I could’ve sworn it was announced that the Man of Steel mini was starting end of May. Did I imagine things?

Anyways, I’ll be pulling:

No Justice (thrilled about Manapul art 4 times in a month)
    Aquaman
    Mera
    Green Lanterns
    Deathstroke
    Batman
    The Terrifics (excited about Shaner)
    Sideways
    Damage
    Immortal Men (wow Jim Lee didn’t last long)
    Brimstone
    Mister Miracle
    Doomsday Clock
    Mother Panic
    Cave Carson
    Eternity Girl

...damn that’s more than I thought..
    Last edited by soundsci; 02-20-2018 at 04:58 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Nightwing sells better than Suicide Squad, yet it's going monthly, while SS is still twice a month.
    I am thinking the logic is by how far writers are ahead, I am thinking suicide squad will probably end or go monthly by the end of this upcoming arc. Detective is likely going monthly when Tynion leaves, which will only leave Batman and Wonder Woman as bi weekly titles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I am thinking the logic is by how far writers are ahead, I am thinking suicide squad will probably end or go monthly by the end of this upcoming arc. Detective is likely going monthly when Tynion leaves, which will only leave Batman and Wonder Woman as bi weekly titles.
    Green Lanterns, Hal N' Pals and Flash are still bi weekly