Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Random thoughts:

Gonna be sad to see Tomasi leave Superman, and it's weird that a story with the Losers is his last story instead of something more focused on the family dynamic he was so good at writing.

Okay, I like the idea of Paul Dini writing Harley, but that title... I hope he's going to paint the relationship as bad as he'd done before, because, well, it is.

Were Mera and Nereus ever actually married? Weren't they just betrothed before Mera left Xebel?

What the crap happened to Terry's belt?! That... that is ugly.

Yay, Tynion's finishing 'Tec! At least I think he is? If so, no clue who's up next. Jody Houser? Joshua Williamson?

Argh, I'm genuinely just curious on what's up with the Green Arrow comic. Are Kelly and Lanzing taking over permanently or not?

I know the Darkstars are an actual thing, but this new look for them just reminds me of Venditti's X-O Manowar run.

Man, Guillem March's art looks different from what I remember (based on his covers).

Holy crap, that Arkham Saga omnibus! Did anyone really read those series? And fuck, that is... big. I think it may be the biggest omnibus DC have ever made! And it probably has a much smaller audience than stuff like the Fourth World omnibus (which I just found out has a printing error, so... time to return that!) and the Invisibles omnibus.

Deathstroke by Tony S. Daniel omnbis... why though? Seriously, what?! Did anyone like that run? I thought Deathstroke only became worth reading once Christopher Priest came on and burned it all to the ground and started over.

What the crap is with CBR and posting solicitations twice on the same page?
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

I notice the annual Adams/ O'Neil Green Lantern/ Green Arrow run is coming out this Fall

Astonishing Member

Between most of the bimonthly titles going monthly and Doomsday Clock going every other month, it feels like the Rebirth shine has gone. We're nearly two years in with very little progress to show for it

I'll be getting:
    The Terrifics #4
    Green Arrow #40
    Green Arrow Annual #2
    Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #44 and #45
    Nightwing #44
    Red Hood and the Outlaws #22
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I seriously have no interest in No Justice. Just Superman, Mister Miracle, Deathstroke vs Batman, and The Terrifics.

Seems like they’re setting the groundwork for a new Young Justice book. The Titans all in one book and then a new Young Justice title right before the new season of the animated series debuts. And I’m sure they wouldn’t shelve The Titans before the live action show gets started. I wonder where Supergirl will end up. She’s a pretty high profile character to be sidelined. Maybe they’ll give her a spot on The Titans or even the Justice League.
    Last edited by Robotman; 02-21-2018 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Doesn't the reverse make more sense?
    No I see Damian and Jon more as following their father footsteps as future leaguers.

Kon and Tim I see doing their own thing.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I seriously have no interest in No Justice. Just Superman, Mister Miracle, Deathstroke vs Batman, and The Terrifics.

Seems like they’re setting the groundwork for a new Young Justice book. The Titans all in one book and then a new Young Justice title right before the new season of the animated series debuts. And I’m sure they wouldn’t shelve The Titans before the live action show gets started. I wonder where Supergirl will end up. She’s a pretty high profile character to be sidelined. Maybe they’ll give her a spot on The Titans or even the Justice League.
    Seems like Supergirl will join one of the team books.

Well yesterday I said it was a great time to be a DC comic fan. I spoke too soon.

Nightwing going monthly and Superson's ending/morphing into something else. Always with the good ideas DC.

Comics are turning out to be less fun than expected.

That Red Hood figure is tempting but just sprung for the Ikemen so need to watch the pennies now.
    Last edited by dietrich; 02-21-2018 at 07:32 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    No I see Damian and Jon more as following their father footsteps as future leaguers.

Kon and Tim I see doing their own thing.
    The more things change...

the future.jpg

And I'm sure in 10-20 years, we'll see the next generation come in and be portrayed as the ones who will eventually take over for the League as well.

On the bright side: this means I’ll spending a lot less money because most of the books I read are axed/on hiatus

Batman (yeah, a awesome artist finally back on the book)
    'Tec
    Flash
    Bane
    Harley Quinn for my daughter.
    Last edited by SixSpeedSamurai; 02-21-2018 at 12:30 PM.

BANNED

YJ is the "reverse" or "doing their own thing" for Kon,Tim,Bart,and Cassie.

I love reading ppl who don't get how YJ works telling us how it should be.

The original series and the cartoon BOTH have their core team still being the team.yea they add new characters,but the core stays the same.

Same for young Justice

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Do you think now that Supergirl and Super sons are gone that that leaves room for a Superboy Conner series ?
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 02-21-2018 at 12:29 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Do you think now that Supergirl and Super sons are gone that that leaves room for a Superbly Conner series ?
    No,I think it opens up for new #1s for super sons and supergirl.

Kon will get his day,either in a SUPER family series or a YJ series

When is Ww getting a daughter to hang with Jon and Damian?