Extraordinary Member

Default Best Female Disney Movie Villains, Ranked

CBR ranks their 10 best female Disney movie villains. I am thrilled that The Rescuers get some love in this list.

https://www.cbr.com/disney-best-fema...d-in-the-stone

10. Queen of Hearts (Alice In Wonderland)
    09. Madam Mim (The Sword In The Stone)
    08. Madame Medusa (The Rescuers)
    07. The Evil Queen (Snow White)
    06. Cruella De Vil (101 Dalmatians)
    05. Mother Gothel (Tangled)
    04. Yzma (The Emperor's New Groove)
    03. Lady Tremaine (Cinderella)
    02. Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty)
    01. Ursula (The Little Mermaid)

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Hmm, Maleficent vs Ursula is mighty tough, might slightly lean toward Maleficent for a number of mostly arbitrary/taste reasons. Mad Madam Mim seems ranked too low for me.

This list clearly meant "animated only" but it seems failed to say that, so some will be irked the Sanderson sisters are not listed.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 04-26-2023 at 02:24 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Hmm, Maleficent vs Ursula is mighty tough, might slightly lean toward Maleficent for a number of mostly arbitrary/taste reasons. Mad Madam Mim seems ranked too low for me.

This list clearly meant "animated only" but it seems failed to say that, so some will be irked the Sanderson sisters are not listed.
    It was probably meant to be animated only but what a shame that live action characters were not included. And I agree that I would give the top spot to Maleficent for sure.

Niffleheim

Ursula takes the win for me and to top it all her song "Poor Unfortunate Souls" is great. I remember rooting for her the whole movie.

Lady Tremaine and Lucifer (If I remember correctly) were other favourites.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Initially I said Queen of Hearts, but that was for the Depp Movie...
    Upon further review, Cruella. She wants to kill puppies...

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    It was probably meant to be animated only but what a shame that live action characters were not included. And I agree that I would give the top spot to Maleficent for sure.
    A big problem with these lists are not clearly identifying the parameters. Big reason why a number bother posters on here.

The Sanderson Sisters I'd rank high as female Disney villains (based on the first film alone).
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    The Sanderson Sisters I'd rank high as female Disney villains (based on the first film alone).
    Definitely agree.