Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Barely made it through the first episode. Just couldn't keep going after it. Love the comics, but Lunella acts nothing like she does in them other than being smart.

I'm normally ok when adaptions take liberties with the original material, because they're essentially alternate universes. Their own thing. But I'd prefer the characters to at least at their core be similar to how they are in the original material.

But, that's me. I'm glad to see so many people like it. Regardless of how I feel about it, it doing well only helps the character in the long run.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Perhaps it offers a wider bandwith of themes, character arcs, social interactions and storylines the show can explore this way?
    I don't know, but that perspective would seem like a pretty limiting view of the source material?

I guess, the biggest reason the question occurs to me is that her personality does seem immediately and obviously different ... I think people have mentioned show Lunella being more likeable? And yeah, definitely -- if the 13 year old version acted just like the younger version, it would be obnoxious.

Actually I suppose I may be answering my own question. Comics Lunella being a young kid (who happens to be the smartest person in the world) does make her sometimes act in ways that would be obnoxious for an older person; there's no reason you'd want to translate that directly into a show made with kids in mind. It would be like sanctioning that being obnoxious that way is cool.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Probably the hardest part for me reading through Lunella's comic (and I read the entirety of her original run) was just how often abrasive and unlikeable she came off for so much of the run down to her friends and families.

Which, sure, Marvel is known for their flawed and arrogant protagonists but sometimes it can be a lot to read through.

So I'm not surprised at all they revamped her personality and made her relationships more healthy.

Astonishing Member

So "Skip Ad... odolecense" had a notable Days of Future past reference. It's one of the small little bits where it's nice that Marvel shows no longer have to avoid referencing things from certain other part of the franchise.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Surprised by the reaction in this thread. They definitely changed Lunella's personality to make her more entertaining for a younger audience. It's a cute show for its audience, I find it funny in the same way Gumball and Regular show were.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Mighty Member

I found the show rather charming myself. I think I just happened to catch it in passing on the episode where Lunella was using technology to speed her consciousness through the boring parts of life...then "Just the Two of Us" started playing. From that alone I started catching episodes here and there.