Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Super Girl and Super Sons Cancelled

Both these books are officially cancelled, while I was never a fan of Super Sons I did buy Super Girl for a time. It seems that Superman world is shrinking to just the 2 main books and minis.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...young-justice/

With these cancellations, it looks like DC is really slimming down and throwing a vast majority of their resources in Superman, and if this makes for a better Superman, then is the right thing to do. I'm sure a slightly "revamped" Supergirl will show up and be incorporated in the Superman and alike, magazines. Furthermore, I wouldn't be surprised if Supergirl is given another mag-run once things settle down with this "new direction" has more legs....

I am looking towards what they are doing with Jon and Damian. Perhaps Teen Titans. I really enjoyed that book.

Sad to hear the news about Supergirl. I've been enjoying that series since Rebirth. As a fan of the Supergirl TV show, it felt like a natural extension, of sorts. It brought out the more youthful, human side of Kara. That's a side I've always enjoyed. I hope she finds another role in DC, whether it's part of a Young Justice team or in a re-launched title.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Superwoman, Trinity, Super Sons, Supergirl...all fallen.

But New Super-Man and the Justice League of China lives on!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Superwoman, Trinity, Super Sons, Supergirl...all fallen.

But New Super-Man and the Justice League of China lives on!
    yep, definitelly funny that was the title that managed to survive since the beginning of rebirth, the irony that it will likely be the only other superman title besides man of steel in June is kinda funny.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
    With these cancellations, it looks like DC is really slimming down and throwing a vast majority of their resources in Superman, and if this makes for a better Superman, then is the right thing to do. .
    I agree. Mr 10chars jimmy.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    Both these books are officially cancelled, while I was never a fan of Super Sons I did buy Super Girl for a time. It seems that Superman world is shrinking to just the 2 main books and minis.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...young-justice/
    The only time I really liked Supergirl was when she crossed over into Drox's Legion of Superhereos. That was one of the cooler story arcs DC had put together.