Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Super Girl and Super Sons Cancelled

Both these books are officially cancelled, while I was never a fan of Super Sons I did buy Super Girl for a time. It seems that Superman world is shrinking to just the 2 main books and minis.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...young-justice/

With these cancellations, it looks like DC is really slimming down and throwing a vast majority of their resources in Superman, and if this makes for a better Superman, then is the right thing to do. I'm sure a slightly "revamped" Supergirl will show up and be incorporated in the Superman and alike, magazines. Furthermore, I wouldn't be surprised if Supergirl is given another mag-run once things settle down with this "new direction" has more legs....

I am looking towards what they are doing with Jon and Damian. Perhaps Teen Titans. I really enjoyed that book.

Sad to hear the news about Supergirl. I've been enjoying that series since Rebirth. As a fan of the Supergirl TV show, it felt like a natural extension, of sorts. It brought out the more youthful, human side of Kara. That's a side I've always enjoyed. I hope she finds another role in DC, whether it's part of a Young Justice team or in a re-launched title.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Superwoman, Trinity, Super Sons, Supergirl...all fallen.

But New Super-Man and the Justice League of China lives on!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Superwoman, Trinity, Super Sons, Supergirl...all fallen.

But New Super-Man and the Justice League of China lives on!
    yep, definitelly funny that was the title that managed to survive since the beginning of rebirth, the irony that it will likely be the only other superman title besides man of steel in June is kinda funny.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    yep, definitelly funny that was the title that managed to survive since the beginning of rebirth, the irony that it will likely be the only other superman title besides man of steel in June is kinda funny.
    I know it'll probably be my go-to book when Bendis takes over, it truly is the little-engine-that-could

Always Rakzo

Odd that they cancelled Super Sons despite that it was easily the best series from the line. Wish they would have given it more issues.

Extraordinary Member

What were these series selling? And how is DC unable to keep Supergirl going even as long as the tv show? I don't get it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    What were these series selling? And how is DC unable to keep Supergirl going even as long as the tv show? I don't get it.
    As of January, just direct market numbers, Super Sons was selling about 35K and Supergirl at 26K, although in her case it does need to be noted that she was going to fall below 20K all the way back at issue 12 and has basically been on Artgerm variant fueled life support this entire time.

I don't believe either these cancellations were due to sales, I think it has more to do with Bendis making his mark in the superman office and trimming the line.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    I don't believe either these cancellations were due to sales, I think it has more to do with Bendis making his mark in the superman office and trimming the line.
    Agreed. Of all the titles being axed this month, BoP was the only low selling one. If it was just a matter of sales, there isn't a chance Supegirl and Super Sons would be axed before the likes of Cyborg, Hellblazer and Batwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Remember, DC doesn't cancel all comic book titles just because they aren't selling well.
    Sometimes, they get cancelled because of direction changes for the characters / the franchises. And sometimes the "cancelations" are just a pause from one creative team to another in a relaunched version.

We'll just have to wait and see on these two titles as to what, if anything, happens next (and when it may happen).

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
    With these cancellations, it looks like DC is really slimming down and throwing a vast majority of their resources in Superman, and if this makes for a better Superman, then is the right thing to do. .
    I agree. Mr 10chars jimmy.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

This is odd. Seems like it comes a total renovation of the Superman books, considering the Bendis takeover.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin