Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Yeah, we're definitely getting a revamped Superman line with Bendis.

Super Sons was a strong seller so it's probably going to be around again in some form, and I don't expect Supergirl to be in limbo anytime soon.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Wouldn't worry too much. Tomasi has already said Super Son's will return in some form in the near future and Kara still has her own TV show.

It's understandable that DC wants to put the focus on MOS and then Superman and Action for a little bit. More than likely Bendis plans to recalibrate Kara and launch her back out to her own book, and the same with Jon, although it sounds like Tomasi will still be involved with Jon's future development.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Is really sad see the ending of Supergirl...

However, I heard something about Supergirl, Teen Titans and the Titans:

There's a plan. I can't say more, but the speculation should include TEEN TITANS and TITANS as well as SUPERGIRL.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...young-justice/
    Last edited by adrikito; 02-21-2018 at 10:02 AM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I kind of wonder if both Superman and Batman might be going back to a "family" style book soon. I could see them doing a Superman Family with Supergirl, Superboy, Lois, and others to run alongside the main Superman books. I could see them doing the same with Batman with all the characters crammed into his books right now.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I kind of wonder if both Superman and Batman might be going back to a "family" style book soon. I could see them doing a Superman Family with Supergirl, Superboy, Lois, and others to run alongside the main Superman books. I could see them doing the same with Batman with all the characters crammed into his books right now.
    Man, that would be a good idea. Put them all in one place and come up creative rotations where different characters interact with each other an/or Superman. No one is too favored and no one is left out.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I'm taking this as basic confirmation that the rumor about Teen Titans and Titans becoming one book (Titans) is true, and the left over slot going to Young Justice.

It was pretty interesting that Clark said "Never fear! There's a plan. I can't say more, but the speculation should include TEEN TITANS and TITANS as well as SUPERGIRL." but he didn't include Super Sons. That makes me think that Super Sons might just get relaunched as its own thing, and Supergirl will end up on the new Titans book.

But if by some chance it's really just Young Justice and Titans as our designated "this is were you find our young characters" books then that's three whole slots open in the Superman side of things (four if Trinity counts).

I wonder what the plan for those slots are. I have to imagine there is one. Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes maybe? I'd have said Supergirl and the Legion based off their involvement in the show, but apparently she's geared up for Titans instead. There's the off chance that they might do a Steel book that'll last all of 5 minutes unless Priest writes it.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Talked with Pat Gleason a while at a con this weekend...I did ask him what was going to happen with Super Sons with the Bendis shakeup. He was hesitant to say much...a lot of "ummm...well...ummm" but he boiled it down to "Something is going to happen....but....as a fan you will be okay."

I think this duo will be around, in some form or another.

Odd that Supergirl would get cancelled with the TV show still on and that the Supergirl comic book was it's own thing and not really related to the Superman comic books.
    Plus Supergirl was the third best selling DC female character, after Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn. It would be like Harley Quinn getting cancelled just because Batman got a new writer.

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    Talked with Pat Gleason a while at a con this weekend...I did ask him what was going to happen with Super Sons with the Bendis shakeup. He was hesitant to say much...a lot of "ummm...well...ummm" but he boiled it down to "Something is going to happen....but....as a fan you will be okay."

I think this duo will be around, in some form or another.
    It sounds more and more like something of significance will be happening from a plot perspective, as opposed to just simple title shifts. Hell if I know what that is, but that's just the impression I get what with the tip-toeing and teasing.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-21-2018 at 01:36 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Plus Supergirl was the third best selling DC female character, after Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn.
    Leaving aside that sales don't have anything to do with these cancellations, this isn't really saying much.
    The only other strictly female lead titles DC currently has in its main line, with BoP cancelled, are Batgirl and Batwoman. It's on track to fall below the female co-lead Green Lanterns and would already be behind the aforementioned Bat books had it not been for the variants.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

As if it weren't stressed enough by other creators Jorge Jimenez tweeted out this https://twitter.com/JorgeJimenezArt/...82745864859648 and Tom King retweeted it for good measure.

"But, you.. No worries, SS lives!!"

I'm about 95% sure Tomasi will continue working on the new Super Sons related title. Seems very very unlikely that Jorge Jimenez will be doing the art because it's almost an open secret that Snyder is gonna work with him on Justice League.

Can't tell if this is a simple relaunch or them being absorbed into either Titans or YJ.

The 3 open Superman slots, Action #1000, and the Bendis shake up kind of make this one of the most exciting and uncertain periods in my time as a Superman fan. All of the mystery and fanfare of a reboot without actually being a reboot.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Something's certainly afoot.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-21-2018 at 01:52 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Odd that Supergirl would get cancelled with the TV show still on and that the Supergirl comic book was it's own thing and not really related to the Superman comic books.
    Plus Supergirl was the third best selling DC female character, after Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn. It would be like Harley Quinn getting cancelled just because Batman got a new writer.
    And selling better then Captain Marvel, the Queen of relaunches .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And selling better then Captain Marvel, the Queen of relaunches .
    Supergirl sells better than about 70 other DC titles and about 60 other Marvel titles.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

DC has learned from Marvel to constantly re-launch their books with a shiny #1 on the cover.