Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I saw one Bendis comment in Jorge Jimenez Supersons black/white cover.. Bad signal?

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...22592468807680

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    DC has learned from Marvel to constantly re-launch their books with a shiny #1 on the cover.
    The Bendis influence is feeling already.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I saw one Bendis comment in Jorge Jimenez Supersons black/white cover.. Bad signal?

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...22592468807680
    All he said was "its so great." Why would that be interpreted as some sort of bad signal of anything? He's just showing some love to Jimenez and his beautiful cover.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    All he said was "its so great." Why would that be interpreted as some sort of bad signal of anything? He's just showing some love to Jimenez and his beautiful cover.
    So.. This is not like Superman and Action Comics ending... For change the writer(Bendis)..
    Last edited by adrikito; 02-21-2018 at 03:05 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Yeah, there's nothing ominous about complimenting a fellow talent. Bendis has already confirmed he's writing for Jon and finding him a "blast" (which someone interpreted as him blowing Jon up...I mean, WTF people?)

Actually there's quite a bit of reason to read subtext into that tweet with the way it was written. There was deliberate, teasing word play there.

That's not to say I think he's going to turn the kid into a splat on the wall, but it could mean other things like usage of the flare.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Yeah, there's nothing ominous about complimenting a fellow talent. Bendis has already confirmed he's writing for Jon and finding him a "blast" (which someone interpreted as him blowing Jon up...I mean, WTF people?)
    Sounds like something one would sarcasticaly say about how Bendis is gonna ruin Superman lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Supergirl sells better than about 70 other DC titles and about 60 other Marvel titles.
    Knowing that info, Supergirl's adventure stories shouldn't be in dry-dock for long however, this cancellation does coincide with the 9 week Supergirl TV layover on the CW...So, just maybe "A New Surpergirl" book series will come out in June?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
    Knowing that info, Supergirl's adventure stories shouldn't be in dry-dock for long however, this cancellation does coincide with the 9 week Supergirl TV layover on the CW...So, just maybe "A New Surpergirl" book series will come out in June?
    That layover is only because the guys in charge of the show want to make sure that nothing going forward will bite them in the butt in regards to the cretin they fired awhile back.

Crap. Just got back into Supergirl last week and caught up on the back issues of the current story arc. I know that the book will be back much sooner than later with a new #1, but I hope this is just for silly renumbering purposes after Superman and Action.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Actually there's quite a bit of reason to read subtext into that tweet with the way it was written. There was deliberate, teasing word play there.

That's not to say I think he's going to turn the kid into a splat on the wall, but it could mean other things like usage of the flare.
    To be fair, he did say he was having a "blast" writing Lois too, and she has no flare powers

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...20518536503301

"he is a blast to write. a blast. lois too. but no spoiler fishing. "

Given his penchant for younger characters, and how his run is going to be dealing with America today, I'd be shocked that he would leave out the most important child and female in the Superman world.

The idea of his run (as we know it now) almost demands them be present in some way.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 02-21-2018 at 04:22 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I'm sure he'll be around. I'm not portending doom for him (outside of the tongue-in-cheek), just that his tease sounded very much like intentional word play regarding a particular scene he might have been writing at the time of posting that. Meanwhile, I'm just still hoping its lesser focus at least compared to how prominent he was in Tomasi/Gleason's Superman. If I get just that much I'll be satisfied. If not...well we'll see. As for Lois he made it quite clear from the get-go he'd be using her a lot but that's never been an issue for me.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-21-2018 at 05:16 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
    It shouldn't go into Dry Dock PERIOD.

Let Supergirl and her new boyfriend have more than 3 issues together. Before Bendis takes over and give her a new one who looks like Miles Morales.

I'm sure the focus will be on Clark/Superman given everything we've heard him say about the books, and the DC Nation #0 pretty bluntly saying "With Truth, Justice and the American Way all under attack, both Superman and Clark Kent find there's never been a more important time to stand up for what they believe in." And it's said that'll lead directly into Man Of Steel, and Bendis himself says Man Of Steel leads directly into his Action and Superman runs.

So far that sounds to me like Superman and Clark are the main focus. But, given the subject matter he's apparently tackling, using Jon pretty regularly seems to make good sense, but I wouldn't find that threatening to Superman and Clark's focus. Plus, seems like Tomasi's gonna continue to handle Jon going forward.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It shouldn't go into Dry Dock PERIOD.

Let Supergirl and her new boyfriend have more than 3 issues together. Before Bendis takes over and give her a new one who looks like Miles Morales.
    Or let her have more than one boyfriend.