Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Why is everyone assuming Bendis will have control over Supergirl? Literally no one has even hinted at that. Why aren't people wondering what the Titans creators will have in store for her given that's the only clue in regards to her future that we have?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Why is everyone assuming Bendis will have control over Supergirl? Literally no one has even hinted at that. Why aren't people wondering what the Titans creators will have in store for her given that's the only clue in regards to her future that we have?
    From here on out, Bendis decides everything.

Bendis just tweeted an answer to a question about Kara and confirms she has a huge role in the Superman books. I still think she'll end up on a team after the likely restructure of the DCU team book set-up as well, but now knowing that she's going to be a major player in Action/Superman, I think its safe to say Bendis will be her main caretaker.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    From here on out, Bendis decides everything.
    No post has ever depressed me like this one.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

That's hilarious lol Well, now all those doom and gloom Bendis/Kara speculations can at least have a leg to stand on.

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...05238285856768

"Kara is a HUGE part of the new Superman books. and man, is she a blast to write. we're going to get VERY deep into her character in the new stories."

I do wonder what this means and what plans he has for her. Does this mean this is where her next book will spin out from? I wonder if he's doing the same thing for Jon?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    DC has learned from Marvel to constantly re-launch their books with a shiny #1 on the cover.
    At the same time Marvel are relaunching the Avengers with a nicely MCU synergised team.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Bendis just tweeted an answer to a question about Kara and confirms she has a huge role in the Superman books. I still think she'll end up on a team after the likely restructure of the DCU team book set-up as well, but now knowing that she's going to be a major player in Action/Superman, I think its safe to say Bendis will be her main caretaker.
    So does this mean Supergirl with end up like Catwoman? No more solo book with solo adventures but instead will have to share a book with Superman, like Catwoman does with Batman?
    That kind of sucks if so. Bad enough Catwoman doesn't have a solo book anymore.

I would only consider it a bad thing if she never gets a solo back. But I kinda doubt that will be the case. She'll get one again. In the meantime I'm excited for the opportunity for her to gain strong connections with the Super family. Not just the literal family but all of the supporting cast. I miss that setting for her.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I would only consider it a bad thing if she never gets a solo back. But I kinda doubt that will be the case. She'll get one again. In the meantime I'm excited for the opportunity for her to gain strong connections with the Super family. Not just the literal family but all of the supporting cast. I miss that setting for her.
    It's been almost two years since Catwoman had her own solo ongoing so I'm not going to hold my breath for Supergirl getting her own solo ongoing anytime soon. If it isn't Harley Quinn it doesn't really seem
    like DC gives a damn about the female characters.

I'm glad Kara will be included in Superman but it's really not the same as having her own title and the cynical side of me sees this as ploy to inflate the number of Bendis' superman run.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

One upside to Kara being in Bendis' big Superman opus is that she'll spend a lot of time around Superman. Hopefully, this may allow the two characters to come together and form a real family bond that will truly incorporate Kara into the Super Family once and for all.

For some reason, most writers seem determined to keep Kara and Clark at arms length. It would sure be nice to see more stories in which they actually act like family toward each other, rather than distant acquaintances at best.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I would've been concerned about Super Sons' cancellation if Tomasi hadn't said he'd be using Jon and Damian again. Why are they cancelling Supergirl? It cannot be sales. Has Bendis taken charge of every super titles? I'll definitely be giving Bendis a chance, most of what he has said so far sounds good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    I'm glad Kara will be included in Superman but it's really not the same as having her own title and the cynical side of me sees this as ploy to inflate the number of Bendis' superman run.
    Considering Supergirl would have been at cancellation numbers by now had it not been for variant covers, I think it's safe to say this isn't the case, and it's just a matter of Bendis wanting control over the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    It's been almost two years since Catwoman had her own solo ongoing so I'm not going to hold my breath for Supergirl getting her own solo ongoing anytime soon. If it isn't Harley Quinn it doesn't really seem
    like DC gives a damn about the female characters.
    I really find it hard to take this equivalence seriously.
    Catwoman first appeared in 1940, while Supergirl only dates back to 1959.
    Supergirl first received a solo feature in 1959 and her own self-titled comic book in 1972, while it looks like Catwoman first had an occasional solo feature back in the early 1980s and didn't get a self-titled comic book (a four issue mini-series) until 1989; her first long-running self-titled series didn't happen until 1993.
    Much as I love Catwoman, she's not in the same league as Supergirl in terms of having the clout for a solo-feature or her own series.