Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    The idea of a 'chosen family' in the queer community predates RuPaul. That quote in itself was just him referencing some things said in Paris is Burning and How Do I Look.
    Oh I know, but this is technically the second reference to the show, so the quote must have come from the show for Strain.

Well, I thought it was a nice ending. It was a bit rushed, but it's understandable when that's ending so early. I'm glad all plots had some resolution. I'm gonna miss this too. It had a lot of heart and this cool non-mainstream vibe. Like they say, kinda like Runaways in a way. For this issue, the fight scene with Monet was actually really good and I actually thought the Benji and Nath moment was really sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Sorry to bring this up. But just to eliminate element of surprise for me. Is Monet brown or white here? lol Anyway, great the M-Plate phase has ended. I am still a bit disappointed, because who knows how long it'll be before we see Monet again. Apparently her mental state & reflection on everything that happened isn't addressed before we possibly lose her in Limbo again. I also can't buy she was only bonded to Marius for "weeks." It seems ResurrXion took place a year later I would think..
    She's back to her normal skin after Marius gets out of her, and it's colored correctly lol.

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    They actually had Jubilee saying she watches Drag Race on some of the early issues lol.
    Strain is my favorite writer just because of this lol.

Post-seperation from Emplate, Monet is portrayed as dark skinned.
    Monet.jpg

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PopCulturePooka View Post
    Post-seperation from Emplate, Monet is portrayed as dark skinned.
    Monet.jpg
    Not my favorite design. But then again, nobody looks too good under this style.

Anyway, i'm always happy when Monet properly brown. So I'm not complaining. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-21-2018 at 09:30 AM.

I think she actually looks real pretty on this panel, considering how the faces usually are on this book lol.

Anyway, i'm always happy when Monet properly brown. So I'm not complaining. lol
    For real though, and I mean no disrespect to the artist but....She looks GORGEOUS (comparitively speaking)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think she actually looks real pretty on this panel, considering how the faces usually are on this book lol.
    She she's definitely improved from last chapter, especially the beaver teeth. I jokingly compared her to Tiffany Crust from Teenage Robot
    tumblr_p3jzfyem551ssl5cvo1_500.jpg
    The browning of her skin was my own doing. lol Not my best work, but eh. Needed to do it to seal the joke.

She she's definitely improved from last chapter, especially the beaver teeth. I jokingly compared her to Tiffany Crust from Teenage Robot
    tumblr_p3jzfyem551ssl5cvo1_500.jpg
    The browning of her skin was my own doing. lol Not my best work, but eh. Needed to do it to seal the joke.
    Wasn't her skin tone muted in that image due to the context of the scene being flash backy or whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Wasn't her skin tone muted in that image due to the context of the scene being flash backy or whatever?
    You could say that. But the other colors didn't seem as drastically changed as her complextion. Here's the full page

Just saw the flashback page, and yeah. Monet's tone was adjusted this chapter. The flashbacks in 87 have the same blue-ish haze, but Monet is considerably more brown. Hell, she's more brown in those flashbacks than she is in the panel posted above. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-21-2018 at 09:48 AM.

Scan of the OG GenX flashbacks page (courtesy of MIMIC616):

Last edited by Dementia5; 02-21-2018 at 09:55 AM.
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Wow, you'd think with the weird faces this art might be right for Skin but you'd be wrong.

You could say that. But the other colors didn't seem as drastically changed as her complextion. Here's the full page

Just saw the flashback page, and yeah. Monet's tone was adjusted this chapter. The flashbacks in 87 have the same blue-ish haze, but Monet is considerably more brown. Hell, she's more brown in those flashbacks than she is in the panel posted above. lol
    Well, my dear Silver Fang, we both know the ridiculous CHALLENGE it seems to be to properly navigate the spectrum of BROWN <---dripping with sarcastic disdain

Well, my dear Silver Fang, we both know the ridiculous CHALLENGE it seems to be to properly navigate the spectrum of BROWN <---dripping with sarcastic disdain
    Yep. But like I said, least they did try getting it right this chapter, and improved over how bright she was last chapter. I'm happy just for that.

Same thing happened with the Blue cover. with the X-Men Blue cover.

Getting to read the chapter, I do think Monet looks MUCH better in this panel
    Attachment 62405
    I think this as her most flattering.