Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

ResurrXion certainly didn't have a year long timeskip. The timeline seems to be that the last arc takes place after Quentin's appearance in Mighty Thor, and probably before Secret Empire (an event which DID cause a timeskip). In other words, Jubilee already had her powers back in Phoenix Resurrection (she appeared there but didn't use either her vampire nor mutant abilities, no doubt to avoid spoilers). The entire run isn't very long after IVX at all.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    ResurrXion certainly didn't have a year long timeskip. The timeline seems to be that the last arc takes place after Quentin's appearance in Mighty Thor, and probably before Secret Empire (an event which DID cause a timeskip). In other words, Jubilee already had her powers back in Phoenix Resurrection (she appeared there but didn't use either her vampire nor mutant abilities, no doubt to avoid spoilers). The entire run isn't very long after IVX at all.
    Jubilee bit a hellfire guard on the neck in PR

BANNED

I’m going to miss this book. The X-Office really needs to give Strain another shot on something else character focused. Maybe something non-student based like New Mutants or X-Factor?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Old habits die hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That kinda floored me a bit. She sank her fangs into some guy's neck simply to determine whether he was human. What if he had been?

Rosenberg's Jubilee doesn't have a single f#ck to give. It's actually kind of cool. I hope he gets to write her again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

This issue was so beautiful and emotional in every way.

I loved that we have the real Monet back.

Miss Strain deserves all the accolades and trophies and praise for this conclusion.

As a Generation X fan this was deeply satisfying. Not only were the remaining original characters "reunited", but each of them were restored and given purpose.
    Our beloved Jubilee grew into an advisor and mentor AND had her mutancy reinstated. ha ha. Pew muthafuxin PEW!
    Paige was not only given a legitimate and appropriate direction, but also a legitimate and appropriate answer for any absence from active X-man-ing. Not all X-folk need be combatants to be productive members of the mutant race.
    And Jono. His extension of empathy with Bling(!) was deeply moving, imho.
    And MONET ST. CROIX IS BACK and I gotta say she is the LOVELIEST (I was nervous) person in the book's entire run. (Now, go start a romance with Sunspot, gurl)

I'm sad we likely won't get follow up any time soon on Quentin and the gang, but it really was a tremendous close to a lovely run.

Miss Strain deserves all the accolades and trophies and praise for this conclusion.
    If you read her Twitter feed you’ll see that she’s getting just ALL the praise.

As a Generation X fan this was deeply satisfying. Not only were the remaining original characters "reunited", but each of them were restored and given purpose.
    Our beloved Jubilee grew into an advisor and mentor AND had her mutancy reinstated. ha ha. Pew muthafuxin PEW!
    Paige was not only given a legitimate and appropriate direction, but also a legitimate and appropriate answer for any absence from active X-man-ing. Not all X-folk need be combatants to be productive members of the mutant race.
    And Jono. His extension of empathy with Bling(!) was deeply moving, imho.
    And MONET ST. CROIX IS BACK and I gotta say she is the LOVELIEST (I was nervous) person in the book's entire run. (Now, go start a romance with Sunspot, gurl)

I'm sad we likely won't get follow up any time soon on Quentin and the gang, but it really was a tremendous close to a lovely run.
    Don’t forget the great romantic relationships that grew in this series. HindMorph, EyeGirl, Splob, QuenTowel.

And there’s this little detail that nobody seemed to pick up on:

Jubilee asks Jono to spend the night with her, and he says yes.
    I would say “Woohoo Jubes finally after 30 years of drought!”, but it’s off panel so I’m not sure how much it counts.
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

This issue goes to show even further how RessureXion has primarily felt like an unfinished business/fix up kind of relaunch. Nearly every series has been about slowly reforming and renegotiating the post-IvX-Men into more recognisable roles and structures. Jean's return, Emma/Havok resolution in Blue, now inevitable return of O5, Hunt for Wolverine and return of OML, (hopefully) resolving Nightcrawler's soul issue and now the return of Jubilee and Monet. It's made for some less definitive, iconic runs, as they're still caught up in incongruence (OML, O5 specifically date a lot of stories) but when the dust settles I think we'll have a great chance for a set of X-Books that finally feel recognisable.

Generation X, however, is a big exception to that. While I love X-Men Blue, it's one I'm cautious about recommending; this is not so with Generation X. Not the best start, sure, but one of the finest endings to a series I've read in a comic book recently.

Everything felt wrapped up and I'm surprised Strain managed to hit so many beats in the pages she had. Whilst I'd have liked to see a double-sized finale, this felt more than enough. (though some things felt like they came out of nowhere- Roxy's leaving, Kitty kicking the kids out - but maybe that's to do with the month long gaps between issues and I've just forgotten some things)

Hindsight, once again, proves to be one of the greatest things this book has to offer. His powers have been fantastically executed and using him as part of the final takedown of the series-wide villain in this manner really made him feel essential. While many X-Kids feel tacked onto books for quirkiness and rarely feel like an integrated addition to the student body (including a few characters on this roster imo), Hindsight felt really emblematic for the series on a whole. His letting go of self-doubt and allowing his relationship with Benji to co-exist with his power was really touching.

Still fail to be convinced on Eye-Boy/Nature Girl, but they're definitely more likeable in this series than anywhere else. Quentin Quire too. I wouldn't say I dislike him everywhere else (I love Riot at Xavier's), but this is, alongside Hopeless' portrayal, the most I've liked the post-Schism imagining of the character. The trio of Benji/Hindsight/QQ has been a real highlight. I almost feel like they should of been the whole representation of the student body in the book (but then it wouldn't feel so much like an actual class) because of how much more entwined with the series core they feel.

I liked seeing Mercury, could have had a few more X-Kid cameos right at the end though. I wonder if Brisson will follow up on the Glob/Sprite thing (99% not. but who knows).

I'm torn as to whether I want to see these kids again. I liked this class a lot, but I don't see them working outside of a book explicitly like this. Stuff like the X-Men Gold cameo is what I'd like to see. Show us how the class is doing intermittently, not necessarily with even much detail. Just that they are still knocking about.

Think it's time to give the goofy X-Kids a rest. Generation X, Spider-Man and the X-Men, two volumes of Wolverine and the X-Men. A return to the New X-Men class is long overdue. There should certainly be a new X-Kids book, I'd hope for in the Fresh Start relaunch but don't expect it that soon.

but yeah, fantastic finale. Sucks that the series got cancelled just as it was hitting its stride, but i think (like the new mutants x-kids series before it) it will be fondly remembered.

The worst thing about Gen X was the cast. Strain never got me to care for these kids. Quentin was the only one I was interested in reading and I still wish the roster had been better. The OG gang was alright but I wish they had done more with Paige

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    And don’t forget Sprite and Glob.

#Splob
    #NeverForget #Splob

Astonishing Member

Well, they got me with the final issue. I hadn't been too attached to this series before because I wasn't crazy about the new kids. Well, not quite true. I liked Quentin Quire and Trevor when I read them in Wolverine and the X-Men. But the finale really was satisfying.