View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Birthright #30

2 15.38%
  • Descender #27

1 7.69%
  • Eternal Empire #7

1 7.69%
  • The Further Adventures of Nick Wilson #2 (of 5)

0 0%
  • Hit-Girl #1 [series premiere]

0 0%
  • Horizon #18

0 0%
  • Ice Cream Man #2

0 0%
  • Lazarus Sourcebook #3: Vassalovka

1 7.69%
  • Monstress #14

5 38.46%
  • Moonshine #7

0 0%
  • Multiple Warheads: Ghost Throne (one shot)

1 7.69%
  • Postal: Mark #1 (one shot)

0 0%
  • Sex Criminals #22

0 0%
  • Other - Evolution #4, The Family Trade #5, Maestros #5,

2 15.38%
  • Other - Redlands #6, Regression #7, Twisted Romance #3 (of 4)

0 0%

Default Weekly Image poll #8 - Hit-Girl debuts & Postal and Multiple Warheads one-shots

Welcome gang, in these weekly threads we vote on our fave Image comics of the week and maybe chat about whatever we want, join in!

In the last poll thread Invincible managed to win the most votes, poetically ending its run in stellar fashion. Last year it won the most weeks too so I think the last giant storyline can be called a rousing success.

This week there's a lotttttt of new releases, let's mention the notable ones real quick: Birthright finishes up a storyline, Days of Hate already sees its first issue going back for a reprint indicating strong sales, Descender begins a new storyline, The Family Trade wraps up its storyline too... Not sure yet if this is returning in the future for a second arc? Furthermore, Horizon wraps up a storyline, Kill or be Killed is still reprinting issues FIFTEEN issues in (very impressive), a new Lazarus Sourcebook gets released this week focused on the land of the Zmey, Vassalovka, Moonshine starts a new storyline while Redlands finishes its first one, and Twisted Romance is releasing its penultimate issue this week.

Whew, let's move on to the new stuff!
    1. Following the Kick-Ass relaunch earlier this month Mark Millar is not pulling any punches it seems, by immediately following up with the Hit-Girl relaunch. This time Ricardo Lopez Ortiz is on art, drawing Hit-Girl's tour across the world to deliver justice anywhere it is needed. She figures a good start might be Colombia.
    2. A personal favourite of mine also materialises this week in Multiple Warheads: Ghost Throne. It technically follows up the planned Wizard Heist from the previous stories that ran in Island Magazine, but honestly Multiple Warheads has never really been about the plot. This sounds like it might actually be the last issue starring these characters too, which kinda bums me out.
    3. Postal: Mark is just what it says on the tin. A one-shot about Mark, from Postal, haha. This one is set one year after the end of Postal (which concluded recently) and looks at how Mark is doing now. Judging from the cover, he might not be in the best of moods.

301763.jpg 301776.jpg 299288.jpg

Birthright
    Lazarus Sourcebook
    Monstress

Amazing Member

My pull list for the week:
    Birthright
    Descender
    Eternal Empire
    Nick Wilson
    Postal Mark

I didn't grab Ice cream man 1, and its been hard to find a copy floating around, but I still plan on grabbing that at some point. Going to get #2 this week as well. I read some positive reviews and am now looking forward to getting it. For this week really looking forward to the end of arc birthright and as always Descender which is always good.

Quote Originally Posted by Yosaltenberg View Post
    I didn't grab Ice cream man 1, and its been hard to find a copy floating around, but I still plan on grabbing that at some point.
    Yeah the first print run sold out I think; it got reprinted pretty soon after release. So you might have more luck now?

Ice Cream Man didn't do much for me. The art didn't really have a 'horror' vibe to it, and that's a big deal breaker in a horror comic.

Horror in comics is already really hard to pull off, and if the art doesn't work for the genre, than it all falls flat for me. See Hungry Ghosts for another example.

(Not that any of the art was bad in either of those books, and YMMV.)

My "other" vote was for Maestros, in case anyone's wondering =)

All-New Member

My other vote was also for Maestros.