Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 138
  1. #121
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Not sensitive , just correcting you. She is Eurasian.

    What does her body switch in the sisterhood arc have to do with her being Eurasian? If anything reconfirm it. So what's your point.....
    There was no correction as I never denied her being Eurasian. Never. The sisterhood arc was brought up to correct you saying she has never had a body switch and that’s false

  2. #122
    Ambiguous Hero Psy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The didn’t even make sense bc Revanche’s body looked exactly like Betsy’s original one and Psylocke’s body looked like Kwannon’s. They weren’t drawn or colored similarly

    And Betsy technically has been body swapped. She did so twice in the Sisterhood arc
    Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Of course they were drawn a tad different. However, I know what I'm talking about. I have all the issues. I know my Psylocke facts. Spiral mixed the two women. This is FACTUAL CANON. Nobody could tell.them apart, besides the reader. If you read the comic you'd know what I'm talking about.

    Red Queen put her back in Revamches body and made it her original with Magic. The body she went back to was the one Jamie made and was still the mixed DNA. She is Eurasian. Facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There was no correction as I never denied her being Eurasian. Never. The sisterhood arc was brought up to correct you saying she has never had a body switch and that’s false
    These receipts say otherwise.

    I didn't say the sisterhood swap never happened. In fact as you can see I addressed it.

    Context is important.....

  3. #123
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    These receipts say otherwise.

    I didn't say the sisterhood swap never happened. In fact as you can see I addressed it.

    Context is important.....
    No they dont. As someone pointed out, Nicieza got confused with the original story that Claremont did and he implied a body switch at first only to later retcon his own story.


    X-men 21 has the girls travel to Japan where they see a portrait of Kwannon prior to all of this and Psylocke looked exactly how Kwannon's Asian body did. This plotline was left dormant for months due to crossovers and when Nicieza got back to it, he added the DNA swapping to clean up and wrap up the plotline. That was not how it was originally


    Kubert's first rendition of Revanche did not look that similar to his Psylocke either


    and the text acknowledges that the body is in fact Japanese. The Eurasian stuff was added later when Nicieza again backtracked to clean it up

    So back to my original point. It wasnt hard to see why people were confused bc there was alot within the story that didnt make sense. There was backtracking, retconning, inconsistent art, etc...

  4. #124
    Ambiguous Hero Psy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No they dont. As someone pointed out, Nicieza got confused with the original story that Claremont did and he implied a body switch at first only to later retcon his own story.


    X-men 21 has the girls travel to Japan where they see a portrait of Kwannon prior to all of this and Psylocke looked exactly how Kwannon's Asian body did. This plotline was left dormant for months due to crossovers and when Nicieza got back to it, he added the DNA swapping to clean up and wrap up the plotline. That was not how it was originally


    Kubert's first rendition of Revanche did not look that similar to his Psylocke either


    and the text acknowledges that the body is in fact Japanese. The Eurasian stuff was added later when Nicieza again backtracked to clean it up

    So back to my original point. It wasnt hard to see why people were confused bc there was alot within the story that didnt make sense. There was backtracking, retconning, inconsistent art, etc...
    None of this has anything to do with what I was talking about. At all......

    You have grossly misunderstood my point and words.....

  5. #125
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    None of this has anything to do with what I was talking about. At all......

    You have grossly misunderstood my point and words.....
    It does. You refuted my claim that Psylocke’s body was originally depicted to look like Kwannon’s and vice versa. Those scans prove that. You only stuck with the later retcon. And this all came about bc you couldn’t understand why people were confused by the story which itself was inconsistent as has been established

  6. #126
    Fantastic Member Weather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Interesting response about Astonishing X-men in Soule's Twitter, about the rest of the X-men reacting to Charles Xavier:

    "Astonishing X-Men 1-12 takes place, in total, over about three days. Xavier's back, but the other teams haven't realized it or had a chance to react yet. They will, though. I just wanted to get through my story first."

    https://twitter.com/CharlesSoule/sta...10226465992705

    So I think it's certain that we will get some kind of event, new arc or new title after issue 12. Already excited. Charles must be here to stay... or should I say, X is here to stay!

  7. #127
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    Interesting response about Astonishing X-men in Soule's Twitter, about the rest of the X-men reacting to Charles Xavier:

    "Astonishing X-Men 1-12 takes place, in total, over about three days. Xavier's back, but the other teams haven't realized it or had a chance to react yet. They will, though. I just wanted to get through my story first."

    https://twitter.com/CharlesSoule/sta...10226465992705

    So I think it's certain that we will get some kind of event, new arc or new title after issue 12. Already excited. Charles must be here to stay... or should I say, X is here to stay!
    Not necesarily. That could mean X is presented to the other teams in #12

  8. #128
    Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Ruins of Genosha
    Posts
    2,555

    Default

    One of the things i always found interesting about the Betsy/Kwannon thing is that i think Betsy came to embrace Kwannon and her physical fighting attributes more than her previous style of relying on her armor she used in her earlier X-men adventures. This is just a fanfiction opinion, but i think Betsy prefers her new persona of psi-ninja over the previous body that relied more on her armor blunting attacks.

  9. #129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    One of the things i always found interesting about the Betsy/Kwannon thing is that i think Betsy came to embrace Kwannon and her physical fighting attributes more than her previous style of relying on her armor she used in her earlier X-men adventures. This is just a fanfiction opinion, but i think Betsy prefers her new persona of psi-ninja over the previous body that relied more on her armor blunting attacks.
    Probably, but you have to remember. There are LOADS of amazing Hand to hand combatants who wear armour. Wolverine had too because as it turns out he's a really shitty combatant. He relied on his healing factor above all and just waded in.
    Black Panther TROUNCED him in a single panel.

    Batman and all the Batman family wear armour.
    Daredevil wears armour.
    Wonder Woman and Superman both wear armour.
    All the X-men wear some form of protective costume.
    Her outback armour was just far more protective.

    As a fan of it and her. She admitted it before the swap, it wasn't something she'd imagined for herself.

    Uncanny X-men 239.

    Panel 4.




    The thing we never 100% got from her or any writer are her true actual feelings towards Kwannon. In my head-canon she sees Kwannon as her sister. Another woman who had things done to her against her will. But sadly we never got to really grow past the stupid 90's action chick version before she died. Thus many fans are accustomed to Psylocke being the "ASIAN", when she's not, because we lost the actual asian woman who SHOULD be the real representation.

    Even if Betsy never went back to being white instead of Eurasian. She and Kwannon SHOULD have the miniseries that deals with them more than just being Psychic Ninja chicks. I mean you have writers out there who can write a REALLY good and exciting story that doesn't focus on the silly ninja gimmick. But on their characters.

    Captain Britain just had an annual where we meet their cute lil babygirl, with the WORST name possible. NO Psylocke in sight.

    Since she often gets stuck in third tier books, and only barely to non-speaking minor cameos. We have to rely on what we currently know about her wishes in the ONE book she's often relegated to. Which wouldn't be bad, but since those books are so disconnected from the main X-books, it kinda sucks.
    Is always confused.....

    My Name is Psylocke, "Stabby stabby pew pew!"

    My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

  10. #130
    Ambiguous Hero Psy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It does. You refuted my claim that Psylocke’s body was originally depicted to look like Kwannon’s and vice versa. Those scans prove that. You only stuck with the later retcon. And this all came about bc you couldn’t understand why people were confused by the story which itself was inconsistent as has been established
    Wrong, I didn't even respond to you. You responded to me.

    I never said the original intent was not a body switch. I said it was not a body swap. Which it wasn't. Doesn't matter what the original intent was. Canon is she is Eurasian and that's fact. I never said anything you claimed. If so, quote it.

    And also no. If they weren't meant to be similar from the get go. Then why could Wolverine, nor Jean Grey, nor Professor X tell them apart. You're telling me they couldn't tell them apart. There's more to the story than just what you see, or what you read. It's all of it. So if the ore 3 couldn't tell them apart. Then they must have looked, smelled and had similar minds.

    Nice try....but obviously they were meant to be similar. Hence why the first X-men who saw her after her transformation, wolverine, knew who she was just by looking at her but yet she had a complete body swap.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-27-2018 at 04:34 PM.

  11. #131
    Fantastic Member Weather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not necesarily. That could mean X is presented to the other teams in #12
    Don't spoil my expectations. hahaha

    I really hope Soule (or at least other writer) makes a whole thing about X meeting the other X-men.

  12. #132
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    568

    Default

    Would you guys like Revanche back? Would she even be useful on an X-team? I never quite understood her Emapthy based powers...

    I kinda want to see her back in action. The hand needs to get to work.

  13. #133
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Would you guys like Revanche back? Would she even be useful on an X-team? I never quite understood her Emapthy based powers...

    I kinda want to see her back in action. The hand needs to get to work.
    No. She never made any impact and would feel redundant and unnecesary. She was quite ill-defined and the only thing she'd have going for her would be to give Psylocke a storyline and I dont think she needs her for that

  14. #134
    Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Ruins of Genosha
    Posts
    2,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Probably, but you have to remember. There are LOADS of amazing Hand to hand combatants who wear armour. Wolverine had too because as it turns out he's a really shitty combatant. He relied on his healing factor above all and just waded in.
    Black Panther TROUNCED him in a single panel.

    Batman and all the Batman family wear armour.
    Daredevil wears armour.
    Wonder Woman and Superman both wear armour.
    All the X-men wear some form of protective costume.
    Her outback armour was just far more protective.

    As a fan of it and her. She admitted it before the swap, it wasn't something she'd imagined for herself.

    Uncanny X-men 239.

    Panel 4.




    The thing we never 100% got from her or any writer are her true actual feelings towards Kwannon. In my head-canon she sees Kwannon as her sister. Another woman who had things done to her against her will. But sadly we never got to really grow past the stupid 90's action chick version before she died. Thus many fans are accustomed to Psylocke being the "ASIAN", when she's not, because we lost the actual asian woman who SHOULD be the real representation.

    Even if Betsy never went back to being white instead of Eurasian. She and Kwannon SHOULD have the miniseries that deals with them more than just being Psychic Ninja chicks. I mean you have writers out there who can write a REALLY good and exciting story that doesn't focus on the silly ninja gimmick. But on their characters.

    Captain Britain just had an annual where we meet their cute lil babygirl, with the WORST name possible. NO Psylocke in sight.

    Since she often gets stuck in third tier books, and only barely to non-speaking minor cameos. We have to rely on what we currently know about her wishes in the ONE book she's often relegated to. Which wouldn't be bad, but since those books are so disconnected from the main X-books, it kinda sucks.
    Valid points. I kinda consider the body swap kinda of a meta swap for her character wise. The change to using her power as a offensive weapon that could be more visably displayed gave her a distinct flavor.

    I like at it as a evolution of the character.I don't think a switch is going to happen in this book, but the question may arise. I believe it all comes down to Betsy making a decision,that i think she has already made.
    Last edited by Tazpocalapse; 02-27-2018 at 05:26 PM.

  15. #135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Would you guys like Revanche back? Would she even be useful on an X-team? I never quite understood her Emapthy based powers...

    I kinda want to see her back in action. The hand needs to get to work.
    Yes.

    I don't want her on the Main X-team. I'd want her to join the Braddocks in an Excalibur series. There she could be the "lost" Braddock. Trying to find her way in the world again. She and Psylocke could work out what means to have shared a body, and now Revanche having the body Jamie created on Otherworld. How does it feel for an a woman of Asian Descent to be in a white womans body and her sister to beliving in the body of a Eurasian, Since Kwannons real body is gone.
    How does she get along with the Braddocks, how does she feel about Jamie bringing her back? How does she feel about Psylocke killing her ex-lover?

    Her Empathy powers could be along the lines of Sensing, instilling, empathic healing. She could be a badass empath with tight combat skills, trying to figure out her new role now that she's not an Assassin.

    I want her back in Action. Because SHE'S the actual Asian representation Marvel could use in the X-titles, even if she never got her real body back.

    I'd like a MINIMAL interaction with the Hand. There are many ways you could take the character without falling on Tropes.

    I write and Publish comics, I write fan fiction, I write Horror Stories that get read on Podcasts. I've scripted 3 movies as a Trilogy and each as a Standalone, a LOT harder than people think. The only people I could see having issues with her return are those of limited imagination.
    Is always confused.....

    My Name is Psylocke, "Stabby stabby pew pew!"

    My Psylocke stories at Fanfiction.net (ignore the editing, it's bad on purpose) https://www.fanfiction.net/~tazirai
    My better edited versions on Comicvine. Just check profile and my forum posts in fan fiction section. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tazirai/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •