Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I liked this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    the thing that hurts this book is how isolated it is from everything else. The other books are doing their own thing yet still feel like they exist within the same world. This one? Seems so out of touch with everything. Xavier being back still hasnt been referenced anywhere and I dont think it will be

hermaphrodite
    See I like that it is isolated. Comics used to be like this. I hate how they tie everything together.

Ultimate Member

Though thankfully the merger seems to only last until #9...

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    See I like that it is isolated. Comics used to be like this. I hate how they tie everything together.
    Not the X books. They were always connected in the past with Excalibur being an exception

Not the X books. They were always connected in the past with Excalibur being an exception
    Not with every story. This is like one of the old adventures.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    So they merged Psylocke and X into one body? Is it female or male? I'm confused.
    So Betsy is an English woman inhabiting the body of a Japanese she-Ninja; Prof X is a hoary old man inhabiting the body of a "French" thief"--and now they're both in there "Together"? Poor Betsy !!!!!!!

Not with every story. This is like one of the old adventures.
    This isnt some minor inconsequential adventure. Xavier was brought back from the dead and he's been back since last summer. That's huge and something major like this typical was not isolated like this in the past. Even when Jean was brought back and it took years for her reunite with the X-men, her presence was still felt in other books with references, near misses, etc.... AXM moves so slow compared to the rest and its self contained in its own bubble

This isnt some minor inconsequential adventure. Xavier was brought back from the dead and he's been back since last summer. That's huge and something major like this typical was not isolated like this in the past. Even when Jean was brought back and it took years for her reunite with the X-men, her presence was still felt in other books with references, near misses, etc.... AXM moves so slow compared to the rest and its self contained in its own bubble
    The idea of this book coming once a month is not ideal in my opinion. But at least I am able to keep myself invested, because I love the plot and writing.

Since this story occurs in a little space of time, it makes sense its consequences are only going to hit the other X-men once it's finished. I think Soule or Paniccia hinted back when Prof X was revealed that this whole story is going to affect the status quo. We just have to be patient and enjoy the ride. It will probably happen once issue 12 is released.

Everything wasn’t made into an event then. Things like this happened all the time and were normally contained to their own titles. Also if that is Prof. X then Soule has him completely wrong. I want Prof. X back and losing Fantomex isn’t really a loss because he sucks. Everything that happens in Astonishing X-Men happens over the course of I think Soule said twenty four hours. They don’t actually say when this story takes place. This story could be further ahead in time then the rest of the X-titles. That used to happen a lot also.

Everything wasn’t made into an event then. Things like this happened all the time and were normally contained to their own titles. Also if that is Prof. X then Soule has him completely wrong. I want Prof. X back and losing Fantomex isn’t really a loss because he sucks. Everything that happens in Astonishing X-Men happens over the course of I think Soule said twenty four hours. They don’t actually say when this story takes place. This story could be further ahead in time then the rest of the X-titles. That used to happen a lot also.
    When did a major character get resurrected or even die and it not be addressed at all elsewhere for months?

The pacing of this book has been problematic and how it fits is just a symptom of the near non-existent editorial staff for the X-line

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    The idea of this book coming once a month is not ideal in my opinion. But at least I am able to keep myself invested, because I love the plot and writing.

Since this story occurs in a little space of time, it makes sense its consequences are only going to hit the other X-men once it's finished. I think Soule or Paniccia hinted back when Prof X was revealed that this whole story is going to affect the status quo. We just have to be patient and enjoy the ride. It will probably happen once issue 12 is released.
    The plot has been moving slow as molasses. The first arc should have been condensed for sure. And I get that but again thats an issue with editorial. This definitely is a book that should have double shipped, especially since it gets a new artist every issue anyway
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-21-2018 at 07:50 PM.

Mighty Member

Did Magma do anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Did Magma do anything?
    wrong book but no she did nothing there

I didn’t say that major characters death or resurrected weren’t addressed in other titles in the past. They used to address it in some way. What I’m saying is when a storie happened over the course of one day we didn’t see ramifications for said story in other titles until the story was revealed unless the story in that book took place after the story in this book. They obviously didn’t want to spoil the surprise.

I think the pacing in this is much better than in a lot of comics now. Most comics take three issue and stretch it out to twelve. More needs to happen in every comic. Another problem is that each character should get almost equal panel time. Every character on the team should have something to do. They should act like a team. Fight like a team.

Another problem is they went from fighting Shadow King to fighting Proteus with no time between.

I liked this issue.
    The arc is still decompressed but this issue filled with character moments, especially Proteus.
    - X is such a douchebag I like it. He grows on me.
    - I really can get behind what Proteus/Kevin said in the Astral Plane. Not sure whether he's trying to be manipulative. But if someone's being manipulative, its X.
    - Why Proteus and X wear different costumes (even X wear casual clothing) in Astral Plane and Psylocke wears her costume? lol
    - The art is slick, but the book could use a consistent art. Especially within one arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly with Selene and cc008. This book is a complete waste and the underuse of this cast is what hurts the most.
    To me it's mostly a decompression issue. We certainly didn't need a full dialogue-free page just to show a gun being energy-drained, for instance. That pagespace could've been used for actual action or characterisation. It's also a general issue with Soule as a writer: we know he works on a lot of things at once, and it means his writing tends to end up as pretty superficial.