Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    Here it is:

Oh dear lord....it's worst then I thought. This will haunt me forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Again I understand that. Double shipping this like the other titles would have alleviated the issue bc as it stands, it feels like it’s dragging along. The two day thing is used as a justification for why Soule doesn’t need to worry about continuity.
    How do you expect him to reference present day continuity without spoilering what is happening in others books? Could he say Jean is back before Phoenix Ressurection? This is not an official team of X-men, they are working together in a crazy situation that just escalated beyond expected, with Forouk, than FantomeXavier and now Proteus. How can a book that is being released once a month and which story happens in a few hours is going to recognize things that are happening in a bimonthly book, in which stories are ocurring in a bigger period of time, like Gold or Blue?

This is what Soule planned for the story of the book, a crazy story with a big mistery unfolding in 12 issues. I also think it would be better being released twice a month, but saying Soule doesn't worry about continuity at all is unfair. In this issue alone he mentioned a lot of things of the X-crhonology, including some crazy Proteus story from annuals of decades ago, that a few of us really read/remember.

Criticize responsibly, or else, only writers like Guggenheim will be wanting to write for the X-men, since the good ones will want to be far away from the franchise as they can.

How do you expect him to reference present day continuity without spoilering what is happening in others books? Could he say Jean is back before Phoenix Ressurection? This is not an official team of X-men, they are working together in a crazy situation that just escalated beyond expected, with Forouk, than FantomeXavier and now Proteus. How can a book that is being released once a month and which story happens in a few hours is going to recognize things that are happening in a bimonthly book, in which stories are ocurring in a bigger period of time, like Gold or Blue?

This is what Soule planned for the story of the book, a crazy story with a big mistery unfolding in 12 issues. I also think it would be better being released twice a month, but saying Soule doesn't worry about continuity at all is unfair. In this issue alone he mentioned a lot of things of the X-crhonology, including some crazy Proteus story from annuals of decades ago, that a few of us really read/remember.

Criticize responsibly, or else, only writers like Guggenheim will be wanting to write for the X-men, since the good ones will want to be far away from the franchise as they can.
    I liked that he referenced that story from an annual (was it x-factor?, I liked it because Jean and marvel boy were using their telekinesis together ), but someone mentioned somewhere (might be the first page or on comicvine, can't remember), that Proteus may be lying or there's some continuity errors by Soule. Moira said Proteus was born 20 years ago when she and her husband separated, she put in the special room/cage 10 years ago when his powers manifested, so he was already in his 20s, not 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    I liked that he referenced that story from an annual (was it x-factor?, I liked it because Jean and marvel boy were using their telekinesis together ), but someone mentioned somewhere (might be the first page or on comicvine, can't remember), that Proteus may be lying or there's some continuity errors by Soule. Moira said Proteus was born 20 years ago when she and her husband separated, she put in the special room/cage 10 years ago when his powers manifested, so he was already in his 20s, not 10.
    I could not find the scene where she says he was born 20 years ago (not that I'm doubting anyone), but if that's the case, maybe Kevin is saying he was 10 years old when Colossus killed him, because he defends that the 10 years he was kept locked he couldn't mature, so he was forever 10 years old inside the cell, since he had no experience with the world outside. And I can understand that he saw himself like a 10 years old kid when that happened, since he is "thousands years old" now (because of the time in the astral plane) and can see things differently.

BANNED

Here it is:

Ultimate Intimacy

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Random.Betsy is still looking Japanese in the Hunt for Wolverine and they'd probably peg some sort of interview about a Psylocke-focused story beforehand if they went down that route.

I agree with everything else you posted.Damn the questionable characterisation,in no way was the much larger cast of characters as misused in Inhumans Vs. X-Men as it is in this book.
    But think about all the times she’s been drawn looking completely White and with hair reminiscent of her old body’s hair and people started thinking she was going to change back, but it turned out it was still Asian Psylocke. The inverse seems just as plausible.
    Last edited by Psyknight; 02-22-2018 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I'm just gonna say it: there is no way in hell that Betsy will get switched to her original body and, if she does, that it will be a permanent change. Betsy is Marvel's most popular and recognizable Asian character. That's really all that there is to it.

And I'll be honest Bishop just interesting enough to really manage to do anything interesting. He probably shouldn't be here.
    Is she really? Does she count as Marvel’s most popular Asian character if people are constantly debating whether she even counts as Asian? She’s defintely more popular than other Asian characters, but I would say Jubilee is the most recognizable.

Ultimate Member

I'm not sure if they fully count her as Asian given how often they remind us that she's British in an Asian body and all, and again we've seen previews for future issues and such and she's still Asian, and various artists draw her differently...every character has that...and there's always the idea that maybe it's all a tease to drum up people talking...

BANNED

Guggenheim is better than Soule.
    Soule has flat and simple stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    That's funny. lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    No. Soule nosedived but not as hard as Guggenhiem has. They’re both a waste at this point though, we’re all just biding time until the next relaunch.

BANNED

That's funny. lol
    Guggenheim has the most selling x-men team book
    Soule has team book which is losing readers faster than any other.

Guus is focused mostly on Kitty but developed other characters like Colossus.
    Soule is focused mostly on X but didn't develop other characters.

Stakes in gold are also higher than in Astonishing. In Astonishing X-men... X-men can't lose... even death can't stop them

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Is she really? Does she count as Marvel’s most popular Asian character if people are constantly debating whether she even counts as Asian? She’s defintely more popular than other Asian characters, but I would say Jubilee is the most recognizable.
    To be fair I actually forgot about Jubilee. Such as one does.

Still I would say that Betsy has a bit of an edge in that she has been consistently in books since 2004, whereas Jubilee was depowered and shuffled to the side for years without anyone having a clear idea what to do with her. Betsy is their most popular Asian character on the comics side, whereas the general populace would probably recognize Jubilee first. Apocalypse did help Betsy a bit though, and she was Asian there as well.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Had this book double shipped as I mentioned in the post you quoted, AXM would have been done in time for PR, hence alleviating the main issue I have with this book

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    To be fair I actually forgot about Jubilee. Such as one does.

Still I would say that Betsy has a bit of an edge in that she has been consistently in books since 2004, whereas Jubilee was depowered and shuffled to the side for years without anyone having a clear idea what to do with her. Betsy is their most popular Asian character on the comics side, whereas the general populace would probably recognize Jubilee first. Apocalypse did help Betsy a bit though, and she was Asian there as well.
    Not really. Psylocke's ethnicity was not disclosed in Apocalypse. Olivia Munn may be multiracial but she's ambigious enough that most people cant pick her out unless they know her background

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not really. Psylocke's ethnicity was not disclosed in Apocalypse. Olivia Munn may be multiracial but she's ambigious enough that most people cant pick her out unless they know her background
    You're really grasping at straws here, my dude. Olivia Munn is a woman who is ethnically biracial, but she identifies as Asian, and most people who see her can tell that she is.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey