Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    I don't know why people continue to have Betsy' s transformation wrong. They never "swapped" bodies. Spiral mixed the DNA. Memories, powers and skills etc.... of the 2. Creating two almost identical Eurasian girls, who shared the same memories. Revanche just so happened to end up with the bionic eyes. The proof is when Revanche shows up. Not Professor x, Nor Jean Grey, Nor Wolverine could tell them apart.

When Jamie brought her back he said he did so exactly as she was before in the same spot even where she died. He made some alterations to her powers but she is still technically an Eurasian female.
    The didn’t even make sense bc Revanche’s body looked exactly like Betsy’s original one and Psylocke’s body looked like Kwannon’s. They weren’t drawn or colored similarly

And Betsy technically has been body swapped. She did so twice in the Sisterhood arc

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    Here it is:

I see Soule or the artist saw The Thing and decided to bring the sweet chilling horror of assimilation. @dementia. Someone sure is. However I would like to see other references to his movies, especially the one with Sam neill. Although that is more Stephen king parodying.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Ultimate Member

Though again thankfully this whole melding thing only lasts until the next issue...before Warren saves her...

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Anyone know the artist, inker, and colorist for next issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Anyone know the artist, inker, and colorist for next issue?
    The artist is Matteo Buffagni. The rest I don't know.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Please choose one of the following options.

The X-men’s policy of mercy is:
    a) noble
    b) problematic
    c) both a and b
    d) totally ignored whenever convenient
    e) orange
    Emma: Problematic
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    This book is racist for its treatment of Bishop.

Lol, you can't be serious? You do realize this is the X-universe. This is where so folk go to hide from all the black maleness that marvel has going on with Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Really liked this issue. I love it when it doesn’t take me 5 minutes to finish reading
    Same I miss those longer issues.

My favourite page though.

Me too, comrade. I liked that the issue took advantage of the pages it has.

And even the small moments with Gambit & Rogue, Betsy & Warren and Logan & Mystique were not really important to the overall plot, but they make the characters feel like themselves, to recognize what is happening during this crazy story... Some writers would just ignore that and just show them hugging in a splash page. I like to read they talking, that humanizes them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    That happens when it's a book in which you don't really know what's going to happen next, unlike..."certain" others that are phoned in.

Facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Psylocke was far from underuzed here lol...
    Agreed. But in the Marvel universe as a whole she is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I'm just gonna say it: there is no way in hell that Betsy will get switched to her original body and, if she does, that it will be a permanent change. Betsy is Marvel's most popular and recognizable Asian character. That's really all that there is to it.

And I'll be honest Bishop just interesting enough to really manage to do anything interesting. He probably shouldn't be here.
    I doubt if they change her back, which she has been change in MANY forms of media to look like her old self. They would make it temporary. She IS NOT their most popular Asian Character. She's not even Asian. She's Yellow face more than anything. Some artists still draw her looking that way, but most draw her white. Even in this issue she looks the same in both bodies. She's not even their most popular character. Also, her being in Apocalypse hurt if anything, because they stuck her in that stupid Jim Lee thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    I thought this was a decent issue. I liked hearing Proteus version of what happened involving his death, although he left out the terror spree he went on that made Wolvie %$#@ himself back then. I enjoyed the convo between OML and Warren concerning killing Proteus. I'm starting to think this series also has a role in correcting certain complications certain characters have. We seen this with Warren could Betsy be next. Possible a return to her former body before the change.
    I'd be okay with that.

And even the small moments with Gambit & Rogue, Betsy & Warren and Logan & Mystique were not really important to the overall plot, but they make the characters feel like themselves, to recognize what is happening during this crazy story... Some writers would just ignore that and just show them hugging in a splash page. I like to read they talking, that humanizes them.
    That happens when it's a book in which you don't really know what's going to happen next, unlike..."certain" others that are phoned in.
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    also the book is very self aware of the fact that they are trying to do to Xavier the same thing they did to Psylocke.

Psylocke went from British telepath to sexy asian ninja. Now they are trying to make the same to Xavier, this would be a body swapped, sexier, bad ass, action hero Xavier.
    Xavier is getting Psylocked, and all they had to do was fridge Fantomex for him.
    Even though I hated the change from Sexy Brit to Sexy Asian, for Xavier to be complete is a thong. :P

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    So Betsy is an English woman inhabiting the body of a Japanese she-Ninja; Prof X is a hoary old man inhabiting the body of a "French" thief"--and now they're both in there "Together"? Poor Betsy !!!!!!!
    Kinda. She's got a nu-mixed body. 50/50 now.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Actually plenty of people already like/love her so there's no reason to change anything about her, it'd make far more sense to fully fix Xavier back into his old body or something like that...that Xavier just used Fantomex to get himself back to the real world...

And the time period that Soule seems to push things back to had Betsy in her current body so again another reason not to change anything about her...
    Predictable as rain lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Nope, I had no idea she was Asian until I read up on her when she was cast. I do think she has a racially ambiguous look that doesnt automatically scream Asian

Man those Lip Injections make her look rough lol.

But like you, She is very ambiguous. I thought she was white until I learned of her background.

Older pic. Can't tell what she was here but "white".

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Then the Asian body also died, and when she was recreated and brought back to life by her brother, she was placed in an Asian body.

So for all intents and purposes she isn't in the stolen body anymore. This current body, an Asian one, is Betsy's own. Not to mention that her original body has been destroyed twice since then as well.
    She's not in an asian body anymore either. She's in a mixed body 50/50 a merge of science and tech by Spiral/Mojo, died and recreated in a 50/50 mix by Jamie.

So a NU-Body.

Bodies in comics are whatever, as Xavier said they are Raw Material. Her Brother Captain Britain had his body Obliterated, many times, he got better.
    But you like her "Faux Asian" cool.
    Last edited by Tazirai; 02-26-2018 at 04:14 PM.

The didn’t even make sense bc Revanche’s body looked exactly like Betsy’s original one and Psylocke’s body looked like Kwannon’s. They weren’t drawn or colored similarly

And Betsy technically has been body swapped. She did so twice in the Sisterhood arc
    Of course they were drawn a tad different. However, I know what I'm talking about. I have all the issues. I know my Psylocke facts. Spiral mixed the two women. This is FACTUAL CANON. Nobody could tell.them apart, besides the reader. If you read the comic you'd know what I'm talking about.

Red Queen put her back in Revamches body and made it her original with Magic. The body she went back to was the one Jamie made and was still the mixed DNA. She is Eurasian. Facts.
    Last edited by Psy; 02-26-2018 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Of course they were drawn a tad different. However, I know what I'm talking about. I have all the issues. I know my Psylocke facts. Spiral mixed the two women. This is FACTUAL CANON. Nobody could tell.them apart, besides the reader. If you read the comic you'd know what I'm talking about.

Red Queen put her back in Revames body and made it her original with Magic. The body she went back to was the one Jamie made and was still the mixed DNA. She is Eurasian. Facts.
    dont be so sensitive. I’ve read the comics, just as you have dear. I never said you were lying or got your facts wrong. The facts as presented in the story didn’t make sense though which is what I was getting at. And Revanche and Psylocke were drawn more than a tad bit different. From what the artist (Kubert) put on panel, they did not look the same, hence why the art didn’t quite match any intent of the writing. This wasn’t a Maddie/Jean situation

Yeah, and? Did Psylocke not switch bodies in the Sisterhood arc?
    Last edited by Havok83; 02-26-2018 at 07:39 PM.

dont be so sensitive. I’ve read the comics, just as you have dear. I never said you were lying or got your facts wrong. The facts as presented in the story didn’t make sense though which is what I was getting at. And Revanche and Psylocke were drawn more than a tad bit different. From what the artist (Kubert) put on panel, they did not look the same, hence why the art didn’t quite match any intent of the writing. This wasn’t a Maddie/Jean situation

Yeah, and? Did Psylocke not switch bodies in the Sisterhood arc?
    The original body transformation was a mess.
    - Claremont's has her body changed/transformed thru Magic/Sience
    - Nicieza "add" the story that she had her body swapped with an Asian (granted he didn't read the most important issue of her body transformation)
    - Realizing the mistake he retconned his own story, which Psylocke body and Kwannon now was mixed thru magic and science down to their DNA level.
    - She died, and Jamie resurrected her with her previous 'mixed' body but enhanced her psy power (tk only) to be the weapon for the Anti-Phoenix but she's then completely locked out of telepathy (telepathy immune).

as for the Sisterhood arc, yeah she switched bodies but it's more than that:
    - Madelyn dug kwannon 'mixed' body and god knows what she did to it
    - She plucked Pyslocke out of the multiverse (Exiles).
    - Madelyn put Psylocke soul it the body she's prepared for her.
    - Psylocke (soul) found out that she's not the only one inhibiting the body. There's also an evil entity inside it.
    - Half of that body got destroyed by Dazzler, the evil entity was killed by Psylocke. She's back to Jamie's created body.

Apparently Madelyn did something to (jamie's created body) Psylocke since it also undo her telepathy immunity and gave her telepathy back (but also retained her teke)

Later, she's offered twice to go back to her original body; by Jamie (Otherworld, UXF) and Cassandra Nova (UXF v,2) but rejected them.
    My take, she's 'wore' her body like a battle armor, complete with all the bruises it has been taken throughout the years. It reminds her of her struggle, experience and what made her into the woman she is today. And she's done others tampering with her body.
    Last edited by MetalPsyc; 02-26-2018 at 09:19 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    The original body transformation was a mess.
    - Claremont's has her body changed/transformed thru Magic/Sience
    - Nicieza "add" the story that she had her body swapped with an Asian (granted he didn't read the most important issue of her body transformation)
    - Realizing the mistake he retconned his own story, which Psylocke body and Kwannon now was mixed thru magic and science down to their DNA level.
    - She died, and Jamie resurrected her with her previous 'mixed' body but enhanced her psy power (tk only) to be the weapon for the Anti-Phoenix but she's then completely locked out of telepathy (telepathy immune).

as for the Sisterhood arc, yeah she switched bodies but it's more than that:
    - Madelyn dug kwannon 'mixed' body and god knows what she did to it
    - She plucked Pyslocke out of the multiverse (Exiles).
    - Madelyn put Psylocke soul it the body she's prepared for her.
    - Psylocke (soul) found out that she's not the only one inhibiting the body. There's also an evil entity inside it.
    - Half of that body got destroyed by Dazzler, the evil entity was killed by Psylocke. She's back to Jamie's created body.

Apparently Madelyn did something to (jamie's created body) Psylocke since it also undo her telepathy immunity and gave her telepathy back (but also retained her teke)

Later, she's offered twice to go back to her original body; by Jamie (Otherworld, UXF) and Cassandra Nova (UXF v,2) but rejected them.
    My take, she's 'wore' her body like a battle armor, complete with all the bruises it has been taken throughout the years. It reminds her of her struggle, experience and what made her into the woman she is today. And she's done others tampering with her body.
    I agree with a lot of this. Except she still has Jamies other body on Otherworld. It's still there. Cassandra got stuck in the Revenant Body, and sent into Limbo, so that body still exists. The Revanche body got blasted.
    But Captains Britains body has been blasted to dust before, he got better.

As for WHY she rejects the bodies. MY theory is that each time she's offered with the body, there's always a Pause in her decision. Because her entire life has been other people making choices FOR her. Where if she were offered her body with no strings attached, an got to keep the skills she's gained. She'd take it.

Jamie offered her a body but to get it she'd have to join them and kill her then boyfriend She saved him instead.
    Cassandra offered her a body but at the expense of "sharing" it with her and or joining her in whatever conquest she had in mind. She stabbed her and sent her to a Limbo instead.

If Roma were to offer her a return with no strings. I personally think she'd go. BUT, I also think that she would bargain for Kwannon's life in the process.

So with that said. In regards to Marvels shitty sliding timescale. Psylocke has only been in her Nu body for two years. She joined the X-men like 6 years ago.
    She joined at age 30, got a new body 2 years later (roughly), Did two years of 'venturin, then died, got a Nu body.

I HATE Sliding Timescales. So in real time she's 36ish, in Nubody time she's 2 Lol.

Also why is she always draw shorter than Storm? They are the same height. No heels maybe?

I love this.