Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

So, I just read the original Proteus story not too long ago, and in it Moira explicitly thinks its been "twenty" years since she last saw Joe(Proteus/Kevin's father), when he raped her and conceived Kevin, so he was not just "ten" years old. Furthermore, Kevin had weeks on Muir Island alone after Magneto's attack freed him before possessing/killing that boat captain, before his frenzied few days with the X-Men in pursuit(during which he maliciously killed many people, and almost destroyed a whole city). This issue paints Colossus's actions as if he was completely out of line to take him down, when in fact, Piotr only did so as a course of last recourse, in a story that presaged the tragedy of mutant powers gone awry just before the seminal Dark Phoenix saga. Readers who haven't read the original would look at this issue and think the X-Men are horrid child killers(when the vast majority of them are not!).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    So, I just read the original Proteus story not too long ago, and in it Moira explicitly thinks its been "twenty" years since she last saw Joe(Proteus/Kevin's father), when he raped her and conceived Kevin, so he was not just "ten" years old. Furthermore, Kevin had weeks on Muir Island alone after Magneto's attack freed him before possessing/killing that boat captain, before his frenzied few days with the X-Men in pursuit(during which he maliciously killed many people, and almost destroyed a whole city). This issue paints Colossus's actions as if he was completely out of line to take him down, when in fact, Piotr only did so as a course of last recourse, in a story that presaged the tragedy of mutant powers gone awry just before the seminal Dark Phoenix saga. Readers who haven't read the original would look at this issue and think the X-Men are horrid child killers(when the vast majority of them are not!).
    Either the original story is being retconed or Proteus is lying because he is a villain. I’m hoping for option two.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Wolverine would kill a 10 yr old and you know it

Then 5 minutes later he'll be smoking a cigar and kicking back a cold one yukking it up with Kurt. That's life
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I found a very noticeable error in this number.

I do not know if they mentioned it, Soule says that they have not fought against Proteus, but they know the WTF story ????, but in the Necrosha tie in, Rogue was leading a group, which was bestsy, and they two and others fought against Proteus, so this is like a huge mistake.

In addition I hate the bad little thing that is the relation of Rogue with Xavier, zero emotive.

So much does it cost Soule to know more about the personalities he is writing? For that kind of things I do not finish liking this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    I found a very noticeable error in this number.

I do not know if they mentioned it, Soule says that they have not fought against Proteus, but they know the WTF story ????, but in the Necrosha tie in, Rogue was leading a group, which was bestsy, and they two and others fought against Proteus, so this is like a huge mistake.

In addition I hate the bad little thing that is the relation of Rogue with Xavier, zero emotive.

So much does it cost Soule to know more about the personalities he is writing? For that kind of things I do not finish liking this book.
    No, he wrote that not all of them have fought Proteus, and that is an accurate statement

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post

Then 5 minutes later he'll be smoking a cigar and kicking back a cold one yukking it up with Kurt. That's life
    I said the vast majority!

Besides, Proteus was about to kill Moira when Piotr intervened and then Proteus was trying to possess him(while telepathically tormenting him while laughing) when he turned to metal and cascaded his energy form. It was really a kill or be killed moment.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No, he wrote that not all of them have fought Proteus, and that is an accurate statement
    Are you sure? because the one who says that is Betsy ... and she was in the Rogue group that faced Proteus on Muir Island. I'll check again.

but also the way in which Rogue and Xavier are being written so out of character I find horrible on Soule's part, especially for Rogue and his lack of reaction to the "return" of Xavier, I think Rogue had not been written so out of character since Remender wrote it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post

In the last Wolverine series where he gets his ass handed to him. Sabertooth called him out on his BS about his rule of Killing only when it suits him.
    Even Kity had to give him the side eye.

Are you sure? because the one who says that is Betsy ... and she was in the Rogue group that faced Proteus on Muir Island. I'll check again.

but also the way in which Rogue and Xavier are being written so out of character I find horrible on Soule's part, especially for Rogue and his lack of reaction to the "return" of Xavier, I think Rogue had not been written so out of character since Remender wrote it.
    Yes Im sure.

Mystique wasnt there to face Proteus before. Neither was Bishop and Im nor sure but I dont think Archangel or Gambit. Psylocke's statement wasnt wrong. Soule may have flubbed other things but he wasnt incorrect here

Yes Im sure.

Mystique wasnt there to face Proteus before. Neither was Bishop and Im nor sure but I dont think Archangel or Gambit. Psylocke's statement wasnt wrong. Soule may have flubbed other things but he wasnt incorrect here
    Thank you.

The same Rogue and Xavier are terribly written, and out of character.

Soule should do his job better.

BANNED

X-men Legacy #233

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    X-men Legacy #233

Yeah, that's why I think that that particular dialogue should not have been said by Betsy.

I think obviously Soule has no idea that Rogue and Betsy if they fought with him before.

dont be so sensitive. I’ve read the comics, just as you have dear. I never said you were lying or got your facts wrong. The facts as presented in the story didn’t make sense though which is what I was getting at. And Revanche and Psylocke were drawn more than a tad bit different. From what the artist (Kubert) put on panel, they did not look the same, hence why the art didn’t quite match any intent of the writing. This wasn’t a Maddie/Jean situation

Yeah, and? Did Psylocke not switch bodies in the Sisterhood arc?
    Not sensitive , just correcting you. She is Eurasian.

What does her body switch in the sisterhood arc have to do with her being Eurasian? If anything reconfirm it. So what's your point.....

Psylocke and Revanche were also drawn very similar. The only difference between the 2, was the hair and skin tone. They look like twins, as Hubert intended.

images(25).jpg
    Last edited by Psy; 02-27-2018 at 07:05 AM.

Yeah, that's why I think that that particular dialogue should not have been said by Betsy.

I think obviously Soule has no idea that Rogue and Betsy if they fought with him before.
    I don't have a problem with Betsy saying that. She was clearly saying "Guys, maybe some of you did not fight him, but you sure know what he is capable of. So stop the stupid discussion and let's deal with him".

Regarding Rogue and Xavier, I understand your point of view. But I'm guessing she is not okay with this Xavier-Phantomex merge, because she doesn't think that's Charles exactly. The Charles she respects and admires would not have done something like this, so she is suspicious and doesn't want to be deluded by this being saying it's him.

I think she is following her gut. In issue #5 she asked for Gambit and Charles said that he didn't save Gambit in a suspucious way. If I were Rogue, I wouldn't trust this Charles that just appeared in the astral plane, that is using everyone in the way he pleases. I like Soule's voice for her.