View Poll Results: Who is your pick for an MCU Spider-Woman?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jessica Drew

38 71.70%
  • Julia Carpenter

5 9.43%
  • Gwen Stacy (Spider-Gwen)

1 1.89%
  • Silk

4 7.55%
  • Mattie Franklin

1 1.89%
  • Charlotte Witter

0 0%
  • Ultimate Jessica Drew

3 5.66%
  • Ashley Barton

0 0%
  • Other

1 1.89%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Default Spider-Woman in the MCU

As the Marvel Cinematic Universe continues to expand we continue to see more and more of our favorite characters brought to life on the big and small screens. Spider-Woman is a character who has yet to make her debut. While Jessica Drew is likely the most popular choice for the role in the MCU, there have been many different interpretations of the "Spider-Woman" character.
    The question is, if Marvel Studios adds "Spider-Woman" to the MCU, which version of the character should they use and how should they incorporate her?

I tried to include the most likely options in the poll.

Personally, I'm torn between who I'd rather see more between Jessica Drew and Julia Carpenter. I think Drew would be great if/when they decide to do a Secret Invasion story line. I like Carpenter's story of being a single mother since that isn't too commonly seen in superhero films (yes I know Drew has a kid, but I'm not a fan of that direction), but I think her powers would be very visually exciting.

I think the best route would be to have Jessica Drew as Spider-Woman while introducing Julia as Madame Web (keeping her spider powers, though).

I like Silk and Spider-Gwen but they would be better off in the Sony Spider-verse.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I like Silk and Spider-Gwen but they would be better off in the Sony Spider-verse.
    I think the fact that they're trying to move Gwen away from the "Spider-Woman" codename means there must be some plans for the Spider-Woman name that doesn't involve Gwen Stacy.

Who has her movie rights right now? Disney or Sony?

Spider-Man is the big elephant in the room with her and the general audience. Would that conflict with Sony at all or would people be a little confused with that if she was completely separate.

If Disney has the rights they ultimately can do what they want and given their track record I have the upmost faith in them. Still I think they have to decide how they want to proceed in regards to Spider-Man because non-comic fans are going to assume their is a connection.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Who has her movie rights right now? Disney or Sony?

Spider-Man is the big elephant in the room with her and the general audience. Would that conflict with Sony at all or would people be a little confused with that if she was completely separate.

If Disney has the rights they ultimately can do what they want and given their track record I have the upmost faith in them. Still I think they have to decide how they want to proceed in regards to Spider-Man because non-comic fans are going to assume their is a connection.
    It's a shared custody more or less, Sony can use her because they have Spider-Man's rights (Even though Jessica isn't part of his supporting cast in any way, the Spider theme makes her be part of his franchise), Marvel can only use her as Jessica Drew without spider powers (Wall crawling and probably her venom blast)

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I was wondering about those rights issues too. With Marvel/Disney being allowed the rights to Spider-Man would those rights extend to Spider-Woman. How would that effect say the MCU introducing Julia Carpenter as Arachne?

With Jessica Drew's connection to Carol and the Avengers she really should be in the MCU. Her origin story is enough to make a movie or several from. Andit has nothing to do with Peter so she won't be riding his coattails.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

They'll probably give the name to someone unexpected
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

I hope not. Especially since people have been asking for Drew in the MCU awhile now.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

If they put Spider-Woman into the MCU, I'd like to see them do Ultimate Jessica Drew (e.g. the gender-swapped clone instead of a completely unrelated character).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

While I doubt that anything will ever come of it Cindy has already appeared in the MCU.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    I was wondering about those rights issues too. With Marvel/Disney being allowed the rights to Spider-Man would those rights extend to Spider-Woman. How would that effect say the MCU introducing Julia Carpenter as Arachne?
    It affects every Spider character, there was a discussion about it in Jessica's thread: http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post3407283

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    If they put Spider-Woman into the MCU, I'd like to see them do Ultimate Jessica Drew (e.g. the gender-swapped clone instead of a completely unrelated character).
    I can't see MCU using clones to be fair, that's the kind of stupid **** that usualy stays in the comics.

I would like the original story with updates or revisions slight. Use the Shield stuff for Goddess' sake! And or Wundragore, High Ev, etc.

I don't favor the baby direction.

The original series in the '70s had a semi supernatural slant that would work. Also her weird pherome (sic) powers would be errie addition to her story.

Jess. No one else.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

If there is a Spider-Woman introduced into any Marvel movie-verse (Sony or Disney) it must be Jessica Drew. Her story is unique and could open a new genre for the spider-verse line.